Taking bottled water onboard? Specifically Freedom of the seas

momof4_tn

We board Freedom of the Seas a week from today. Has anyone recently been successful taking a small case of water onboard? And if so, did you do carry on or in luggage?

My youngest son (6) takes meds morning and night that require water. We try to get these in before breakfast and right before bed. I know there is free water on the ship, but would like to have it handy in the stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taking your own water is usually good. Technically it's against the rules, however their enforcement of those rules aren't usually applied.

You can also use tap water from your stateroom. You are provided with glasses in your stateroom. Ask your room stewart for ice as the water doesn't really get cold from the tap.

You are no longer permitted to carry water on. I read somewhere that they have drastically reduced the cost to purchase a case of water so that will be your best option if you have to drink bottled. Personally, we've always found the water on a cruise ship to be very well- filtered and taste good.

Hi Mom will see you in a week!

My friend was on Freedom 2 weeks ago and specifically asked this question for me. They said you can bring water on in your carry-on only. If you put it in checked luggage, it will be flagged and you'll be called down to security before you get the suitcase.

I will bring a case in my carry-on along with 2 bottles of wine.

You are no longer permitted to carry water on. I read somewhere that they have drastically reduced the cost to purchase a case of water so that will be your best option if you have to drink bottled. Personally, we've always found the water on a cruise ship to be very well- filtered and taste good.

That's Carnival.

...My youngest son (6) takes meds morning and night that require water. We try to get these in before breakfast and right before bed. I know there is free water on the ship, but would like to have it handy in the stateroom....

If that is the only reason you really want to bring water, there is plenty of water from the bathroom tap. Just grab a couple of glasses from the windjammer to keep in your room, or bring a couple of kiddie-sized cups from home. If you want the water to be cold, fill a glass ahead of time and stick it in the fridge (assuming your room has a fridge).

Other replies indicate the famous RC inconsistency. FACT is you are not allowed to bring water. Most CC members have had no problem either checking a case of water or carrying a few bottles on board, but you may not be so lucky.

we just got back from our first cruise Sunday... We packed a big cooler bag with our bottles of wine and a case of small water bottles. No one batted an eye. I saw many many people bringing water on board. My sister in law who did not check with me first lol, called Royal and asked if they could bring water, and was told no, so she was not happy lol...

Got off the Freedom yesterday.

We packed 4 bottles of water and an 8 pack of sports drinks into a small rucksack, tagged it and handed it in.

I did have to go down to the 'naughty room' for the first time ever to collect it.

Opened the (unlocked) bag, there saw what it was, no issues and I took it back to our cabin.

We just attach a luggage tag to case of water and send it with the checked baggage. It has always been delivered to our cabin.

Our experience is that will no longer work at Port Canaveral. The porters have been refusing obvious cases of water and soda.

• 1 month later...
Taking your own water is usually good. Technically it's against the rules, however their enforcement of those rules aren't usually applied.

You can also use tap water from your stateroom. You are provided with glasses in your stateroom. Ask your room stewart for ice as the water doesn't really get cold from the tap.

R.I.P. Stewart! Overworked and underpaid.

I know there is free water on the ship, but would like to have it handy in the stateroom.

If everyone is fine with the water you get at dinner in a glass, then just use the tap in the bathroom. Same water.

My family isn't OK with it; doesn't taste good at all, and there's something off about the process to create it that makes DH and I swell up terribly (and we aren't fasting when we buy bottled water, so the ONLY difference is the tap vs bottled spring water). So we buy the Evian water packages and/or get Replenish which has spring water like Crystal Geyser. That way we always have water available in the stateroom.

Was on freedom last week - took 8 bottles of water in suitcase, however, it didn't make it to my room - I had to go to the luggage room to claim it. So what? It was no big deal - I had my water and all I had to do was to go down to the luggage room to get it. They don't take it out of your suitcase - they just hold your luggage down there until you claim it. So just know it may not get delivered with the rest of your luggage and you will have to claim it. No big deal.