Got cabin assigment 😤

vmcpa

Is this a Guarantee (GTY)booking assignment? If so, when you booked the GTY, you essentially agreed to take whatever they give you...

Not necessarily. HAL allows you to change to another room within the same category...or a lesser category.

Does anyone know how to change assigned cabin. I have called customer service and was told to send an email to inventory. Have not heard anything back.

I'm surprised they are making this so difficult on you. I was just assigned my room on my upcoming cruise and I wasn't too happy with the location. I called, they placed me on hold for a few minutes while they contacted Inventory, and they came back with an open room in a much more desirable part of the ship (for me).

That said, HAL's method of doing this is a little complicated. On other lines, the actual CS rep can look at the open inventory, give you all the options, and make the change right then and there. With HAL, you have to tell them an area you would like to move to, they put you on hold, Inventory assigns the new room, and they come back with it. If you don't like it, you have to do it all over again.

I'm surprised they are making this so difficult on you. I was just assigned my room on my upcoming cruise and I wasn't too happy with the location. I called, they placed me on hold for a few minutes while they contacted Inventory, and they came back with an open room in a much more desirable part of the ship (for me).

That said, HAL's method of doing this is a little complicated. On other lines, the actual CS rep can look at the open inventory, give you all the options, and make the change right then and there. With HAL, you have to tell them an area you would like to move to, they put you on hold, Inventory assigns the new room, and they come back with it. If you don't like it, you have to do it all over again.

That was not my experience. I booked the 10/17 Westerdam sailing on line. I purchased a guarantee veranda. I received my stateroom assignment this past Thursday. It was a VB . I did not like that it was close to the stairs/elevators so I called and the CSR immediately gave me another VB. The entire call took about 4 minutes and was an extremely easy pleasant transaction.

I ran across an earlier thread started by the OP on June 27 over on the Celebrity board:

We got our assignments yesterday for Dec 5 sailing of the Infinity. We are a group of 6 (3 cabins) and asked to be together when we all booked together. But that did not happen. When I called our cruise professional who booked the trips, he said that he could not put us together. Is there something that I can do, or just have to settle for this.

Now the OP is facing a similar problem with HAL, although this more recent thread only mentions a single cabin. I'm starting to wonder if the problem really lies with HAL or with the OP and her understanding of the guarantee process. Perhaps a bit more detail on her current booking(s) would help shed some light on the situation.

I ran across an earlier thread started by the OP on June 27 over on the Celebrity board:

Now the OP is facing a similar problem with HAL, although this more recent thread only mentions a single cabin. I'm starting to wonder if the problem really lies with HAL or with the OP and her understanding of the guarantee process. Perhaps a bit more detail on her current booking(s) would help shed some light on the situation.

I have to agree. I'm sometimes surprised at the laundry list of wishes that people with guarantees have. I booked a guarantee on the eurodam and hoped I wouldn't receive a Juliette balcony. That's the chance I took. The balcony category is showing as sold out on my cruise. I was ready to accept the Juliette balcony if that's what it came too. I don't think it's as easy to change as what has been shown here.

I have to agree. I'm sometimes surprised at the laundry list of wishes that people with guarantees have. I booked a guarantee on the eurodam and hoped I wouldn't receive a Juliette balcony. That's the chance I took. The balcony category is showing as sold out on my cruise. I was ready to accept the Juliette balcony if that's what it came too. I don't think it's as easy to change as what has been shown here.

It's obvious that you understand what you are agreeing to with a GTY. I don't understand why anyone would book this way if they have issues with certain locations and/or cabins?!:confused:

It's obvious that you understand what you are agreeing to with a GTY. I don't understand why anyone would book this way if they have issues with certain locations and/or cabins?!:confused:

Me either. I'm pretty ok on Hal booking a balcony guarantee. I have a cruise booked for next April but a balcony price was more than I could justify. I ended up booking an ubstructed oceanview (I picked my cabin) because I felt a guarantee was too risky. On princess I always book an exact room because I've gotten too many sucky assignments. I'm not sure if people know they can book an exact room (I'm being serious before someone accuses me of being sarcastic).

Heck, people come on here regularly after booking a GTY, asking when they will get their room assignment, what they might get, etc. I wouldn't be putting down money w/o knowing what the outcomes might be. No, not the specific cabin, but the types of possible outcomes. And yes, we have booked GTYs.

I am booked on my 1st cruise next summer. I booked SY8043. I assumed you picked a room when you book. What's the advantage of booking a GTY room?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The major benefit is that you may get an upgrade to more than what you pay for. Usually it's within the category that you booked for instance an inside to an inside. It's very rare to go to the next caragory up for instance from an inside to an outside. The downside is that the cruise line gets to decide where you go. They do not take a laundry list of your wishes and dreams into consideration. I'm not sure that everyone is on that page however.

Edited by cruz chic

How do you know which cabins have Jullette Balcony

Thank you for the quick reply. Good to know.

You are most welcome. Thankfully they realized their mistake and didn't repeat it on the NA. These balconies used to be at almost the bottom of the balcony catagory before the reclass. Now I believe they are at the top. That is insane.

What is a "Juliette balcony"?

You actually can walk out onto it, but there are no chairs. You can only stand. Think balcony from Romeo and Juliet..... But does HAL have true Juliet balconies?. I thought they were just 'really small' balconies.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl

You actually can walk out onto it, but there are no chairs. You can only stand. Think balcony from Romeo and Juliet..... But does HAL have true Juliet balconies?. I thought they were just 'really small' balconies.

Dennis

What is a true Juliette balcony? It's small and you can only stand on it.