MS Westerdam Sail-Away October 14, 2015

aliaschief

I always cry as we are sailing away -- more so now than ever before -- knowing that health issues will soon end our cruising.

KK, you, me, & CruzinTerri are probably not the only ones with tears. For good or bad - the Westerdams departures are emotional.

We are sailing on her this Saturday - cabin 8060 - I will be waving to both of you in particular. Hugs.:)

Edited by SS Exeter

KK, you, me, & CruzinTerri are probably not the only ones with tears. For good or bad - the Westerdams departures are emotional.

We are sailing on her this Saturday - cabin 8060 - I will be waving to both of you in particular. Hugs.:)

I deleted my post because I didn't want people feeling sorry for me. I have been feeling sorry for myself lately. After my last cruise I landed in the hospital right after DH had surgery. I had DVTs and pulmonary embolisms. Don't know when I will be able to cruise again. It's been a rough year in our house.

Next two cruises involve flying.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

I deleted my post because I didn't want people feeling sorry for me. I have been feeling sorry for myself lately. After my last cruise I landed in the hospital right after DH had surgery. I had DVTs and pulmonary embolisms. Don't know when I will be able to cruise again. It's been a rough year in our house.

Terri

Omigod, you sure are being tested. Let's hope it can only get better for you.

Terri

I'm glad you re-posted; we're all friends here and we do want to know how things are going. So sorry about the DVTs and pulmonary embolisms, and I hope there will be something to help with that and you will be able to fly again. You have not been having an easy time of it.

So sorry to hear that, terri. I know how you feel. I cruised along in good health...then all of a sudden, it's one thing or another. I was scheduled for total shoulder replacement in Sept., Atrial fibrillation showed up on my preops EKG's, saw a cardiologist, and he also suspected thyroi d issues, so it was off to an endocrinologist. ..it's never ending. I've been cleared for surgery so will have it done 12/2. But have to endure another 3 1/2 hrs. Of tr

I was trying to let new folks joining the Sail-Away know how to work and operate the cam and how to work the sail-aways. There have been many past members who have questions or trouble getting use to how they run.

Whoever wants the job can have it!

Bruce - Thanks for taking the time to post about the sail aways. We tend to take it for granted, but it's great that you give us all reminders.

PS - Haven't had a sound problem in years. ;)

Yeah, I heard that annual boat show is a big thing in your neck of the woods. Is she carrying six yachts, port and starboard side? ;)

I think there were more than 6. They often tuck smaller boats (less than 40') on the inside. I'll try to pay more attention in the future. I think we're getting jaded.

I was trying to let new folks joining the Sail-Away know how to work and operate the cam and how to work the sail-aways. There have been many past members who have questions or trouble getting use to how they run.

Whoever wants the job can have it!

No worries Chief! Keep up the good work!

I think there were more than 6. They often tuck smaller boats (less than 40') on the inside. I'll try to pay more attention in the future. I think we're getting jaded.

Bet ya it's not cheap to have your yacht transported on that bad boy!

Bet ya it's not cheap to have your yacht transported on that bad boy!

Our neighbor used to ferry his boat from Portland, ME to Naples, FL. After about 6 years, it became apparent that it made sense to just get a second boat. This was a modest 52 footer. The math might change if you have a stupid, "My dinghy is a submarine" sized yacht.

Our neighbor used to ferry his boat from Portland, ME to Naples, FL. After about 6 years, it became apparent that it made sense to just get a second boat. This was a modest 52 footer. The math might change if you have a stupid, "My dinghy is a submarine" sized yacht.

I can imagine that! ;)

Terri

Hope your health issues are soon solved and can look forward to your next cruise.

Having disembarked from the Westerdam in the morning, my sister and I walked down the beach to watch her sail away without us. Here's the link to my blog post with the video embedded, if you want (and there's plenty of tooting!)

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/the-westerdam-departs/

Fabulous! We were on the Westerdam the last time she left Fort Lauderdale to reposition for the Alaska season - and the tooting was phenominal at that time too! Our favourite captain was onboard again yesterday and he thoroughly enjoys blowing that horn.:D