Bringing wine onboard

vmcpa

I understand that each person can take 2 bottles of wine onboard to enjoy while in their cabins. If it is taken to the dining room, I believe that there is a corkage fee. Recently, I took a Norwegian cruise and I was charged the corkage fee before I even boarded the ship. Does Celebrity charge a fee for bottles carried on or ones that are opened and enjoyed in the dining room.

From X's website

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#internationalSailings

"Q. Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25."

Edited by Bo1953

FYI, was on the Silhouette this past May and we brought back wine and alcohol back with us every day without anyone saying anything... even in St-Petersburg, had 4 bottles of Vodka in the cabin.

TIP: on your first day ashore, conduct a test... bring back some beer or 1 bottle of wine... you'll see what kind of control to expect. We had none. :)

FYI, was on the Silhouette this past May and we brought back wine and alcohol back with us every day without anyone saying anything... even in St-Petersburg, had 4 bottles of Vodka in the cabin.

TIP: on your first day ashore, conduct a test... bring back some beer or 1 bottle of wine... you'll see what kind of control to expect. We had none. :)

Slip of the lip will sink the ship!!

Slip of the lip will sink the ship!!

Probably on a cruise where everyone had the Beverage Package, so Celebrity could have cared less -- drink your stuff, not ours. :D

Now, a Spring Break Caribbean cruise would be a different story. Everybody probably being strip searched coming aboard. :eek:

Probably on a cruise where everyone had the Beverage Package, so Celebrity could have cared less -- drink your stuff, not ours. :D

Now, a Spring Break Caribbean cruise would be a different story. Everybody probably being strip searched coming aboard. :eek:

Assuming...

From X's website

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#internationalSailings

"Q. Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25."

It is per cabin. On my docs for my upcoming cruise though it only said two bottles. Didn't specify size.

It is per cabin. On my docs for my upcoming cruise though it only said two bottles. Didn't specify size.

Just another reason to check X's website, as well, beforehand.

Edited by Bo1953

Rooms don't have corkscrews, and I dunno if you can fly with them. Your cabin steward may be able to find you one, but a screwtop* wine may be easier.

*Note screwtop is not the same as cheap. Just no cork or synthetic cork.

Rooms don't have corkscrews, and I dunno if you can fly with them. Your cabin steward may be able to find you one, but a screwtop* wine may be easier.

Corkscrews have to be in checked baggage, not carry-on.

I always bring on two bottles of a great Cab, plus corkscrew, (in my packed luggage at all times). Even bring on a travel aerator. I enjoy a pre-dinner drink on my balcony.

So the corkage fee is not paid prior to boarding as Nowegian cruise line does.

You only pay corkage on Celebrity if you bring the bottle to the dining room or any of the public areas. The exception is if it is a bottle of wine of theirs that has been gifted to your stateroom. Any of your own personal wine you bring on board is designed to consume in your stateroom.

• 1 month later...

I am preparing for my first ever cruise (Millenium/Alaska) and on the phone today the agent told me the $25 corkage fee would be assessed AS WE BOARDED, regardless of whether or not we drank it in our cabin. And we do have the beverage package. Makes no sense! Was she wrong? I don't want to pay corkage; I'd rather just drink theirs. But we do like to have drinks in the cabin. I don't want to have to go to a bar each time I want a drink on my balcony! Any ideas?

I am preparing for my first ever cruise (Millenium/Alaska) and on the phone today the agent told me the $25 corkage fee would be assessed AS WE BOARDED, regardless of whether or not we drank it in our cabin. And we do have the beverage package. Makes no sense! Was she wrong? I don't want to pay corkage; I'd rather just drink theirs. But we do like to have drinks in the cabin. I don't want to have to go to a bar each time I want a drink on my balcony! Any ideas?

Get a new travel agent, the one you reference in your post does not know what they are talking about. So just consider what other bad info you are getting.