I sharted a cabin w/bugs at night

sailawaychar

How can I talk to or email a person on ROYAL CARRIBBEAN that would care rather than say "SORRY"

Took a cruise on RCI out of BAYONNE 9/24-10/3 & bitten near my eye, had to go to ship's dr. Also, paid 126. before he would see me.

Got cordisone & benedryll....& travel ins. is taking a month to analyse the problem & RCI will not pay. So, I am stuck.

Other ladies got bites on their thighs & back & legs..also trvel w/meds that I didn't have

Open to all suggestions how to handle this...sailawaychar

Travel insurance typically requires you to submit your claim to your regular health insurance company first. Then if you are not fully reimbursed the travel insurance will pay the remaining amount. They are sticklers for detail, so give them everything they want.

I am struck by the level of sympathy many have for the OP. Apparently it is the OP's fault that bed bugs were in the cabin.

OP, I trust there were no long lasting ill effects. Sadly, I doubt you will be able to find anyone at Royal Caribbean who will do more than mouth a few platitudes.

It would be nice if the company would respond more positively. Perhaps indicating that they are working to improve cabin attendant inspection and bug recognition skills. Unfortunately, in this litigious age I doubt their lawyers would allow this.

Hopefully your insurance company will eventually reimburse the out of pocket expense.

I am struck by the level of sympathy many have for the OP. Apparently it is the OP's fault that bed bugs were in the cabin.

OP, I trust there were no long lasting ill effects. Sadly, I doubt you will be able to find anyone at Royal Caribbean who will do more than mouth a few platitudes.

It would be nice if the company would respond more positively. Perhaps indicating that they are working to improve cabin attendant inspection and bug recognition skills. Unfortunately, in this litigious age I doubt their lawyers would allow this.

Hopefully your insurance company will eventually reimburse the out of pocket expense.

It has not been established that the bite was, indeed, from a bed bug.

Other ladies got bites on their thighs & back & legs..also trvel w/meds that I didn't have

Open to all suggestions how to handle this...sailawaychar

I don't understand what you mean by meds you didn't have. Had you forgotten them?

The op has never said it was bed bugs, only that she got ONE bite near her eye, and others had leg bites.

Normally bed bugs don't bite on the face.

Benadryl is an anti histomin, why did she not buy them in the ships shop, most ships have those sort of pills. I have no idea why she thinks it's the ships fault, bug of all sorts bite you in every country. It's your own responsibility to take action against that happening. Why would you expect them to recompense you.

Ps, bed bugs would bite every night , not just on one night so after 7 night cruise you would have had many many bites on your legs and back.

Edited by buchananglasgow

OP has not been back to look at the thread.

Maybe they cannot find their way back. That happens sometimes.

How can you say with such certainty that the OP has not been back to look at the thread? Just because OP has not signed back onto CC since first posting yesterday and or has not posted again on this thread since yesterday by no mean should be interrupted that OP has not been back to read this thread.

Personally don't blame OP for not posting again due to the insensitively shown by other in their responses.

We are doubting that it was bed bugs.

How can you say with such certainty that the OP has not been back to look at the thread? Just because OP has not signed back onto CC since first posting yesterday and or has not posted again on this thread since yesterday by no mean should be interrupted that OP has not been back to read this thread.

Personally don't blame OP for not posting again due to the insensitively shown by other in their responses.

Doubtful that Sail meant absolute certainty. But, generally you can tell if someone has been back or not just by clicking on their name. It will show their last activity. Most people will log on rather than just look anonymously.

Doubtful that Sail meant absolute certainty. But, generally you can tell if someone has been back or not just by clicking on their name. It will show their last activity. Most people will log on rather than just look anonymously.

You are correct. Last activity as 2:45 pm yesterday, one minute later than when the thread was first started. But, in the OP's defense, not everyone checks CC several times per day. Some may only check once a day. Plus, this is the weekend. The OP may be busy doing fun things and hasn't gotten back yet. We need to wait a tad bit longer than 4 hours as sail7seas did to begin wondering why the OP hasn't come back yet. :D

PS: I also think that the bug bite could have easily happened on shore where there is a much larger chance of encountering insects. A single bite is not indicative of bed bugs.

Edited by SantaFeFan

And what information do you have to back up your statement "Most people will log on rather than just look anonymously"?

Personally don't sign on unless I want to post. No need to sign on otherwise. There's no CC Policy that a person has to sign on in order to read through the postings.

As far as the issue of the OP's bugs bite it may have been a result of sand mites if the person what to a beach.

Edited by xxoocruiser