Current Concierges continued discussion

Butcher left a few weeks back after an injury on board.

Latest we heard he was home in Panama recuperating.

Edit to say: Just read his Facebook posting and do understand it. We will miss him. Quite a good guy.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

Hi- we are on the Grandeur 1/24 in a GS and haven't yet had the welcome email. I sent an email 2 weeks ago as we want a cabana on barefoot beach but haven't had any response. I see that the regular concierge, Francis, leaves on vacation today and I believe Inna is covering. How does it work when one concierge is covering for another? Has anyone sailed with Inna before? Thanks!

Hi- we are on the Grandeur 1/24 in a GS and haven't yet had the welcome email. I sent an email 2 weeks ago as we want a cabana on barefoot beach but haven't had any response. I see that the regular concierge, Francis, leaves on vacation today and I believe Inna is covering. How does it work when one concierge is covering for another? Has anyone sailed with Inna before? Thanks!

You should get your Welcome Letter from the Concierge next week, or the week before you board. I would send another email on Monday 1/18 inquiring about your cabana.

Does anyone know the new Suite Lounge concierge is? The spreadsheet only list thru 1-16-2016

For which ship? There is no Suite Concierge, per se, if you are referring to your upcoming cruise on Navigator. There is a Concierge Club on Deck 9 and a Diamond Club on Deck 14 each with it's own Concierge.

Updates to the spreadsheet can only be done when someone who is currently on board reports back.

Edited by cruisenfever

I am on the same cruise as you Traveler. Usually the "welcome" email comes about a week out from sailing (So about now). Usually any emails that are reserved early or reserved before a concierge switch, they forward them on somehow (not sure if in an email or other document), but If you haven't heard anything this week I would reemail the new concierge. On the longer cruises they only do work a week out.

I haven't sailed with Inna before but know many people that have, and hear great reviews about her!

We are the only ship in Labadee, so you shouldn't have a problem. A few months ago I was speaking with another ships concierge and they said that they can only book cabanas within a week and suites have the priority.

Have a good week!

Back from FR -- Rahul Barua leaves on Sunday (1-24) and he told me that Berty was boarding on 1-17-2016 to cover the DL for that week. Bertie will cover the CL while Rahul is on vacation through mid April or early May. Carlington will cover the DL starting next 1-24-2016 when Bertie moves to the DL. I don't know Carlington's last name (does anyone know it?) -- think he is doing a lot of floating and filling in on various ships. Rahul was supposed to go on vacation on 1-17-2016 but Berty had to go home to India because his father had a fatal heart attack so Rahul was extended for another week.

Last week, the DL was covered by a different officer every night. We never went up there and did our pre-dinner drinks in the CL -- it was mobbed before 1st seating and fairly empty before 2nd seating (our seating). We had a great week with great waiters including Bo who used a lady's scooter to get around the lounge with drinks. DH and I also had breakfast up there every day.

Back from FR -- Rahul Barua leaves on Sunday (1-24) and he told me that Berty was boarding on 1-17-2016 to cover the DL for that week. Bertie will cover the CL while Rahul is on vacation through mid April or early May. Carlington will cover the DL starting next 1-24-2016 when Bertie moves to the DL. I don't know Carlington's last name (does anyone know it?) -- think he is doing a lot of floating and filling in on various ships. Rahul was supposed to go on vacation on 1-17-2016 but Berty had to go home to India because his father had a fatal heart attack so Rahul was extended for another week.

Last week, the DL was covered by a different officer every night. We never went up there and did our pre-dinner drinks in the CL -- it was mobbed before 1st seating and fairly empty before 2nd seating (our seating). We had a great week with great waiters including Bo who used a lady's scooter to get around the lounge with drinks. DH and I also had breakfast up there every day.

Carlington's last name is Berry. Great Concierge!

Does anyone know where Amit C. Is now? He went to the Navigator as a fill in, in Nov/Dec, but I think that was only for a short period of time.

When he went to Navigator he said that it was just to finish his contract since there was an overlap on the Splendour. As of early Dec he wasn't sure what ship he would be returning to after Vacation.

When he went to Navigator he said that it was just to finish his contract since there was an overlap on the Splendour. As of early Dec he wasn't sure what ship he would be returning to after Vacation.
Looks like Amit just left NV on 1-16-2016. He is a good concierge -- he was in the CL and DL on FR during some of our sailings. Any updates would be appreciated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551

For which ship? There is no Suite Concierge, per se, if you are referring to your upcoming cruise on Navigator. There is a Concierge Club on Deck 9 and a Diamond Club on Deck 14 each with it's own Concierge.

Updates to the spreadsheet can only be done when someone who is currently on board reports back.

I am doing the Navigator on February 28th. Looking to see if there is an update from recent cruisers.