new sale: repricing cabins?

With the new sale has anybody had any luck repricing their currently booked cruises?

It says new bookings only, so i was curious before I contacted my TA.

Our cruise would be an additional $92 but would add an additional $300 OBC.

Bill

Hey Bill...I call Royal for our cruise May 2016 to see if we qualified for OBC. We book in May 2014 (first BOGO 1/2) offer). In order to get the $300 OBC and the internet package the price of our cruise would go UP $982.17.:eek:

Think I'll just spend my own $300.00

Edited by EleanorNoway

I first tried to call the regular customer service phone number, and get my sailing repriced, but they just told me there was nothing they could do. I ended up having to call Crown & Anchor.

My SJ had increased a total of $186, however, I would be picking up the $300 OBC, and therefore coming out ahead by $114.

Every little bit helps!

Repriced my current balcony for a loss of $18 after the OBC, but gained VOOM for free. I made my wife happy. We lost our balcony discount of $125 by changing to the new offer. They said it was not combinable with the OBC. (Funny, because we Had $100 OBC before I call and it was combinable on the 30% off offer)

Edited by Catfish123

I booked a CP cabin on Oasis for Feb. 2016 when I was onboard this past February. Today's price for that cruise is about the same, so I called my TA to see if we could get the $300 OBC currently being offered. She said that since I had been given $300 OBC when I booked, RC would not add another $300 OBC if I changed this reservation. Oh well, it didn't hurt to ask, and I'm still happy with the booking I made 9 months ago.

I repriced ours for Jan 2017, a balcony and an inside. The price remained the same but we got $200 obc for the balcony and $100 for the inside. Works for me and I will continue to monitor!!

Actually, I correct myself... Our balcony room got $300 obc and the kids inside got $100. And this is for the Anthem.

With the new sale has anybody had any luck repricing their currently booked cruises?

It says new bookings only, so i was curious before I contacted my TA.

Our cruise would be an additional $92 but would add an additional $300 OBC.

Bill

We checked that out. The cruise price is $300 higher. But we'd get the $300 OBC which translates to "doesn't make a difference."

Prices have progressively got better since the sale was launched earlier this week. It wasn't worth it on Tuesday or Wednesday for me to change but today it was $184 (Canadian dollars) more expensive but got a $300 OBC (US dollars) so $116 better and the difference in currency so not too shabby!