New MDR Menu

sns101098

I just returned from a wonderful 4 night cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas. While on board I attended a Brunch and Galley Tour hosted by the Executive Chef. During the Q & A session he mentioned that there all new MDR menus beginning after the first of the year. He said they were rolling out these menus fleet wide. Has anyone else heard this? Hoping it's true. Growing kind of bored with the current menus.

Being new (only 1 cruise) to RCCL, I have no issues with the current menus. I'd just gone through them determining which nights I totally have no issue going to the Windjammer for my upcoming one and which nights I don't want to miss the MDR. So hopefully they'll publish them when/if it does happen. (Not just some sampler thing, but the actual menus.)

The MDR menus are well over due for a change. We too hope this happens. Especially because we do B2B Cruises. We eat all our meals in the MDR. Its not there isn't other choices to choose from on the menu during the Cruise but year after year, same old same old...just saying. No Windjammer for us.

I just hope this change is better than the last one. I'm still mourning the loss of the vidalia onion tart. :D

Our next cruise is in two weeks so the next one after the first of the year is on Anthem which has different menus anyway, so we'll have to wait til next Oct on GR to have them.

Just finished 13 nights on the Brilliance and didn't eat in the MDR once. It was a non formal dinner trip for us so we went specialty on those nights. All other nights were in the Windjammer. I heard the food was good but there just wasn't much we couldn't get a version of on the buffet or enjoy a higher end with the specialty dining. Also being from the coast of Maine lobster is not a big deal. There just wasn't a WOW on the menu.

AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

MDR menu was very dissapointing most nights--Shrimp Cocktail avaliable maybe twice in the 13 days---only steak on board was the strip which was very good---gone were the staples of the past ----

Also--no BBQ ribs----fried shrimp ----cajun dishes----etc.

The starboard MTD was total confusion---we were insulted by the woman that ran the desk and the Maitre D did nothing----Every night there was a scene as people were waiting---it was awful---

JMHO

FRANK

While I'm a first time cruiser (why do I feel like I have to say that in every post I make? [emoji14]🙄) and any menu will be new to me, I can't imagine that this will be anything but a RCCL budget savings. No one today will be planning new menus and think "let's plan new menus which will cost us MORE money."

I'm wondering if I'll ever get to experience Lobster Night - even with warm water lobsters.

Edited by CookieDiva

I just returned from a wonderful 4 night cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas. While on board I attended a Brunch and Galley Tour hosted by the Executive Chef. During the Q & A session he mentioned that there all new MDR menus beginning after the first of the year. He said they were rolling out these menus fleet wide. Has anyone else heard this? Hoping it's true. Growing kind of bored with the current menus.

On Liberty in August, one night was a new menu which they apparently offered for the next few trips (not sure if it's still being offered, but i haven't heard anyone else comment on it recently). Someone surmised it might be a test for a menu change. It was pretty comparable to the current menus - I had steak diane which was ok, and a vegetarian dish which was good (sorry, can't remember what it was now).

This is great news - let's hope it happens. We are really bored with the MDR menus now and would welcome a change. I wonder if all the planning that went into Dynamic Dining and the decision to restrict the number of ships using it means that they will introduce some of the DD menu items into the new menus.

This is great news - let's hope it happens. We are really bored with the MDR menus now and would welcome a change. I wonder if all the planning that went into Dynamic Dining and the decision to restrict the number of ships using it means that they will introduce some of the DD menu items into the new menus.

This would make a lot of sense to introduce some of the Dynamic Dining menu items into the new menus since they have already invested time and money into planning them.

They don't even need to just take some of the items off the menus.

Since the menu in each DD restaurant gets partially switched midway through the cruise Royal could just use the existing menus on all of its other ships.

Day 1...Americon Icon a

Day 2...Grande a

Day 3...Chic a

Day 4...Silk a

Day 5...American Icon b

Day 6...Grande b

Day 7...Chic b

This would once again make the menus across the fleet consistent and leverage the advantages that comes with that in terms of bulk food purchasing and training of staff.

They don't even need to just take some of the items off the menus.

Since the menu in each DD restaurant gets partially switched midway through the cruise Royal could just use the existing menus on all of its other ships.

Day 1...Americon Icon a

Day 2...Grande a

Day 3...Chic a

Day 4...Silk a

Day 5...American Icon b

Day 6...Grande b

Day 7...Chic b

This would once again make the menus across the fleet consistent and leverage the advantages that comes with that in terms of bulk food purchasing and training of staff.

This is such a good idea! Would probably save money in terms of food purchasing, yet elevates the menu a little.