Anthem os the Seas @ 4 critical patients

Charleyann

Well, conandrob420 immediately assumed that because there are four critical medical issues on board, they HAVE to be related and endangering future cruises.

They're droppin like flies ! :eek:

I don't think that was their point. The point is when you have a high elderly population, the likelihood of a medical issue occurring goes up, not that only elderly people get hurt/sick, etc.

probably.

Edited by Arzeena

Crew have said two persons have died :( Watching from the decks the police told family waiting outside and they left before one ambulance came outempty....

There are four police cars and three ambulance......one left empty

Two paramedic beside me.........

Very sad......

No one said 4 happened at same time. We are at port. 1 ambulance has just left with 1 person. Another ambulance is waiting.

I ambulance crew went in with stretcher and came back empty. Two paramedic with City of NY standing beside said it means they person expired.

Then a crew member came over and said two died....

Anyone on board know if there is a group on the ship that need dialysis, or any related illness such as kidney failure, diabetes, etc? We have been on cruises where there were groups that had pre-existing conditions. If that is the case, it would be highly possible for four people to be critically ill.

We were on one cruise, and every port there was an ambulance waiting for the ship to arrive. At one port, two people were taken off ill. So it is not unexpected.

I believe this is one of the dialysis at sea cruises.

When we left St.Martin on Wednesday the Captain said we would be going 17 knots the rest of the way home on Friday I noticed on the TV we were going over 24 knots so I believe there was a problem with an illness already there were no Alpha announcement until this morning and then the Captain informed us of the illnesses at his noon update we saw 3 ambulances one left without emergency lights on the other 2 left with them on could see one individual who appeared to be sitting up when they took him off we did not see if anybody got into the ambulance that left with the lights off there was also an ambulance in San Juan. This was a very old crowd nothing wrong with that but this is to be expected when there are probably 3/4 of the passengers late fifties and above. There is absolutely no Noro virus issues those boarding be prepared to wash your hands and sanitize constantly they do a good job trying to avoid any illness.

When we left St.Martin on Wednesday the Captain said we would be going 17 knots the rest of the way home on Friday I noticed on the TV we were going over 24 knots so I believe there was a problem with an illness already there were no Alpha announcement until this morning and then the Captain informed us of the illnesses at his noon update we saw 3 ambulances one left without emergency lights on the other 2 left with them on could see one individual who appeared to be sitting up when they took him off we did not see if anybody got into the ambulance that left with the lights off there was also an ambulance in San Juan. This was a very old crowd nothing wrong with that but this is to be expected when there are probably 3/4 of the passengers late fifties and above. There is absolutely no Noro virus issues those boarding be prepared to wash your hands and sanitize constantly they do a good job trying to avoid any illness.

Nobody got in the ambulance which left with no lights. The people waiting behind the gate sudden left before the stretcher came back empty. Te police came and spoke to them at one point :(

I'd rather spread "unsubstantiated optimism" than unsubstantiated panic.
Please show my quote indicating panic, that I would cancel our upcoming cruise, the sky is falling, etc. I recall saying that I believe these cases may be related due to timing, and hoped for a speedy recovery for those effected. You read more into my comment than is there. :rolleyes: Edited by Cruisin'4Us

This was a very old crowd

Precisely.

This was exactly what I said back in post #16.

We have been on cruises with four medical emergencies. It is not unusual, but folks will continue to spread the conspiracy theories.

Edited by yogimax