happy upgrade fairy dance

Genessa

the upgrade fairy is still working!

Received notice today that we were upgraded from an interior to a balcony! Woohoo!

I had gotten an email a while back - maybe 2 months, maybe 6 weeks? read it and deleted it, telling me we were being offered an upsell. If we wanted to pay the extra money, we would have done it at booking.

Now I am so thrilled!! Love balconies, did them exclusively (unless went for a mini) for over 11 years, but am now on a budget and the savings lets me cruise more. I just made elite, so I don't know if that helped, but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

So happy that the upgrade fairy visited you! The more experiences I read about the Less I believe that the fairy is random in her sprinkling of good luck. There is a human behind there making these decisions based on the potential future benefit of the upgrade (and getting or keeping you hooked!)

In either case, hooray! Enjoy your balcony.

Good to know the dream is still alive. Were you booked on a guarantee or did you hand pick your original cabin?

not a guarantee

hadn't specifically hand picked the original cabin, but did have a specific assigned cabin.

I am happy for your luck in getting the upgrade. The only time I was offered an upgrade was on my second Princess cruise and that was over 20 Princess cruises ago. We had to decline the upgrade as we had friends in the cabin next to ours and we wanted to stay together.

oddly enough, the friend that I am traveling with and I were given an upgrade on the last cruise I went on with her - that was her first cruise with Princess and my ???. We had booked a guaranteed inside that time.

Hmmm, this is her second time, second upgrade, maybe she's the good luck charm, lol.

we travelled about 22 years ago, not Princess, with friends. They received an upgrade at check in and took it, thinking we were getting one. Not so.

Not that we blamed them - they went from an outside to a full balcony suite. We were so jealous, lol.

Well done hope you are happy with it.

Some upgrades aren't but this sounds like a good one.

I am so thrilled with it. Looked up the cabin as soon as I saw the email and it's a fabulous room. But any upgrade from an inside is pretty much an upgrade, lol.

I am so thrilled with it. Looked up the cabin as soon as I saw the email and it's a fabulous room. But any upgrade from an inside is pretty much an upgrade, lol.

Happy for you. Now I know the upgrade fairy is still out there, will keep my fingers crossed - long time till June, but will try. LOL

We just got our second upgrade on Princess since we've been sailing them (we both have between 5 and 10 cruises with them so far, and the first upgrade was on either our 1st or 2nd cruise). In the most recent case on the Royal, it was from a far forward Deluxe Obstructed Balcony (M101) to a Deluxe Balcony mid-aft. I was looking forward to the much larger "obstructed" balcony I originally reserved, but the new location will be better for my somewhat mobility impared DW.

We just got our second upgrade on Princess since we've been sailing them (we both have between 5 and 10 cruises with them so far, and the first upgrade was on either our 1st or 2nd cruise). In the most recent case on the Royal, it was from a far forward Deluxe Obstructed Balcony (M101) to a Deluxe Balcony mid-aft. I was looking forward to the much larger "obstructed" balcony I originally reserved, but the new location will be better for my somewhat mobility impared DW.

congrats!