Fort Lauderdale to Miami Transportation

bigslick1974

Hi all

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I have a quick question. Does anyone have any advice on transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. We don't want transportation to the cruse port as we are staying in a hotel in Miami. I don't know how much a taxi costs or if I should be using a shuttle and if so which one?

thanks

I used Go Shuttle. You can book it on their website. It cost me 26.00 from FLL airport to Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It was well organised. Pick up bag, go outside and the stand is not far. It worked well for my purposes.:)

We are book with a private shuttle this coming May from FLL to Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It's $80 for 3 people and includes tip. We want to get there ASAP so we can enjoy some dinner and nightlife. I did not want to take a shared shuttle and make the trip last forever. There is a Mojito with my name on it waiting somewhere in South Beach, LOL.

the later in the day you arrive into FLL the fewer transport options you'll find (many of the shuttles stop running in the afternoon) and the more expensive things get.

Uber is a good option - a taxi will run about $75-80+ on the meter depending upon traffic and which hotel you choose. Private car service from Go Airport and Larry's Limos are an option if you have 3-4+ travelling together.

Shuttles start at about $15+ per person. The ride, depending upon traffic, will take 45-90+ minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

We arrive into FLL at 1pm on a Sunday and we are staying at a hotel in Miami near the airport. The service we normally use wants $120 when before it was only $15 ea. Granted, I get we are not staying on the main strip as usual so I can see it costing more but not that much more. We are looking for affordable options.

I would suggest Tri-Rail between FLL and MIA. http://www.tri-rail.com/

Broward County and Miami-Dade also have excellent bus service. Of course, if you are toting a lot of luggage, that could be awkward.

For airport to airport, Tri-Rail. Between ports or port and hotel in opposite city, consider the buses. We have done it a number of times.

Betty

We always use SAS. Prices are reasonable and they are dependable!

Aren't those the two most important factors?:D:D

Good Luck!

I looked at their site but they said they will not drop off at Miami airport hotels

Edited by dolfinmusic

We always use SAS. Prices are reasonable and they are dependable!

Aren't those the two most important factors?:D:D

Good Luck!

Ride SAS did a great job getting us from FLL to our cruise ship at the Port of Miami last January but left us waiting for 75 minutes standing outside on the road in front of the port building saying they would be there momentarily for the ride back from the port to FLL. It was both stressful and tiring.

Using Larry's Limo both ways. FLL to Marriott Biscayne Bay on Friday and they pick us up at Port Miami the following Sunday to make a direct flight back to Cincy. Don't do shuttles. Don't like the waiting to leave and then depending on the terminal, you might be the last ones off. No stress . Larry's leaves when you want them to. :) Gerry.

We arrive into FLL at 1pm on a Sunday and we are staying at a hotel in Miami near the airport. The service we normally use wants $120 when before it was only $15 ea. Granted, I get we are not staying on the main strip as usual so I can see it costing more but not that much more. We are looking for affordable options.

If you are not in a hurry and can handle your own bags you can ride the Tri-Rail train between FLL (shuttle bus to the train stop) and MIA for under $5 each - they use the hotel shuttle to get to your MIA airport hotel.

A taxi from FLL to MIA area hotels will run about $75-80+ on the meter; Uber will be cheaper. A one-way rental car for under $50 is another option.

Better yet, cancel your MIA hotel, stay near FLL (nicer area, cheaper hotels), and take a $15 shuttle to POM. :cool:

We're taking a private shuttle from FLL to Miami and then a shared shuttle on the way back to the airport. Save a few $$ on the ride back.

Hi. Can you please let me know what private shuttle you booked?

Thank you.

Hi. Can you please let me know what private shuttle you booked?

Thank you.

Try Larry's Limo in Miami. They have a town car service as well.

SAS is great and I love them for going to the Downtown Miami area, but they don't service the South Beach or the Miami Airport area.

Uber XL may also be a good choice to look into!

Try Larry's Limo in Miami. They have a town car service as well.

SAS is great and I love them for going to the Downtown Miami area, but they don't service the South Beach or the Miami Airport area.

Uber XL may also be a good choice to look into!

Thanks so much!

I called Larry and got prices.

I also called SAS and they don't do Port Everglades but they gave me Howard's Transportation. I called and their prices are better than Larrys and they get good reviews.

I'm going to book in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...