I must SHARE this with you!

cruisequeen4ever

Maybe princess will add the tax and tip for the share experience.I guess cruising will be completely ala carte in the near future.Your cruise fare will allow you to board the ship.

long cruiser

That might be all bad as long as I can get my basic meals & entertainment included. I can live with most of the extras they now charge for.

I've gone back and reread your post. Do you mean the water was always either too hot or too cold but never just right? Lovely...

Just like many many others on the ship last week, we had water problems in our cabin R741.

Either no hot water in the cabin (cold showers!).

OR there was no cold water in the cabin (hated brushing my teeth with warm water!). And, once (that I know of) they turned off the water.

And, we are re-boarding the Emerald this coming Sunday for the 8-nighter New Year's cruise! (In a different balcony cabin on Caribe.) We live in Boca Raton so it is very convenient to the port in Fort Lauderdale. We came home for Christmas and then we'll be back on the ship. Hopefully things will be better. But, I did not like the cruise director or deputy cruise director at all, so I am disappointed to have them again.

Edited by metairiegal

Just like many many others on the ship last week, we had water problems in our cabin R741.

Either no hot water in the cabin (cold showers!).

OR there was no cold water in the cabin (hated brushing my teeth with warm water!). And, once (that I know of) they turned off the water.

And, we are re-boarding the Emerald this coming Sunday for the 8-nighter New Year's cruise! (In a different balcony cabin on Caribe.) We live in Boca Raton so it is very convenient to the port in Fort Lauderdale. We came home for Christmas and then we'll be back on the ship. Hopefully things will be better. But, I did not like the cruise director or deputy cruise director at all, so I am disappointed to have them again.

We've always had issues with no cold water on Riviera Deck aft. I guess I just got used to it, but do have to raise an eyebrow when people recommend refilling water bottles from the bathroom sink. Maybe if done the night before and placed in the refrigerator. As for the hot water...we are planning several Emerald Princess cruises B2B and DH will not last more than one without hot water. Maybe I shouldn't throw away my grocery store coupons that expire at the end of January! ;)

We've always had issues with no cold water on Riviera Deck aft. I guess I just got used to it, but do have to raise an eyebrow when people recommend refilling water bottles from the bathroom sink. Maybe if done the night before and placed in the refrigerator. As for the hot water...we are planning several Emerald Princess cruises B2B and DH will not last more than one without hot water. Maybe I shouldn't throw away my grocery store coupons that expire at the end of January! ;)

Oh Dear! They wouldn't be refilling those water bottles from the bathroom sink if they had seen what came out of our friends' sink one night!:eek: Their water was brown, so naturally called maintenance who came and took the "filter" off the bottom of the faucet. Yikes!:eek: What came out of there! Brown "gunk"...... shower water was brown too but cleared after a few minutes!

Oh Dear! They wouldn't be refilling those water bottles from the bathroom sink if they had seen what came out of our friends' sink one night!:eek: Their water was brown, so naturally called maintenance who came and took the "filter" off the bottom of the faucet. Yikes!:eek: What came out of there! Brown "gunk"...... shower water was brown too but cleared after a few minutes!

We usually bring glasses of ice and water to a table to fill our bottles.

Since my last post, our water has been all over the place from scorching hot to ice cold and everything inbetween. It's at least mostly been warm enough since being "fixed". The people behind us in the dining room were complaining of the exact same water issues last night. Other than the water, I really love the Emerald Princess, and DH and I really like all the Cruise Staff. They're all so cheerful and strive to create a fun environment. Deputy Karen added another ornament making session when she found out we kept missing it. Curaçao was fabulous! We fed sharks and swam with stingrays. Aruba was lots of fun; we rented a rhino and toured the island. The surf was insane!! The water went about 60 ft in the air off the rocks at some points; it was a really windy day with a passing storm. Today's Bonaire, and we are about to snorkel at Klein Bonaire! Tonight's Christmas Eve festivities include caroling with the officers in the Piazza, church services, and dinner at Crown Grill!

Since my last post, our water has been all over the place from scorching hot to ice cold and everything inbetween. It's at least mostly been warm enough since being "fixed". The people behind us in the dining room were complaining of the exact same water issues last night. Other than the water, I really love the Emerald Princess, and DH and I really like all the Cruise Staff. They're all so cheerful and strive to create a fun environment. Deputy Karen added another ornament making session when she found out we kept missing it. Curaçao was fabulous! We fed sharks and swam with stingrays. Aruba was lots of fun; we rented a rhino and toured the island. The surf was insane!! The water went about 60 ft in the air off the rocks at some points; it was a really windy day with a passing storm. Today's Bonaire, and we are about to snorkel at Klein Bonaire! Tonight's Christmas Eve festivities include caroling with the officers in the Piazza, church services, and dinner at Crown Grill!

Thanks for the update.

Glad your day in Curacao was in that order and not swim with the sharks and fed the rays......just sayin. :)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just have to say again...Crown Grill is SO much better than Share!! They've really been struggling to fill Share, too. They've begun to leave menus out at Scoops Ice Cream, and a waiter was going table to table by the pool promoting Share. Our Cruisemas Eve has been the best with all of the festivities and cheer onboard! We are back to 40 knot winds and 12 ft seas, but that just adds to our Christmas adventure! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

I hope the 92 MPH forward wind speed is a typo ?? Are you in the middle of a storm ?

If this is correct, I plan to bring my life jacket to dinner and happy hour!! We leave on Jan 4th and don't want high winds or cold water in the shower.

Thanks for the update.

Ray

That's good to hear, however on another thread griller wrote:

Seems like two different views. Any experience with the issues above?[/QUOTW

We were on the Dec 14th sailing just out of drydock. Our stateroom was on Plaza deck and we had no issues with the water but there were many who did. According to the Captain, the ship took on some Bahamian water that had minerals in it that were clogging the water system on the ship and they had to flush each cabin with the issue. I did hear many complaining that they either had no hot or no cold - can't speak to the tiles in the Horizon Court as we never used it. We had a wonderful time - the beds, pillows, linens and just the general condition of the ship, IMO, were excellent. We had a lovely time. Didn't hear anyone complaining about no a/c.

How is the internet working for you? Any problems?

I used the internet on the 14th sailing - had no issues with it and found it to be very fast for a ship. Had been on Celebrity's Infinity the end of October and it was the slowest internet ever!!!! This was a joy in comparison so for those of you who have to stay connected - it was great

I just have to say again...Crown Grill is SO much better than Share!! They've really been struggling to fill Share, too. They've begun to leave menus out at Scoops Ice Cream, and a waiter was going table to table by the pool promoting Share. Our Cruisemas Eve has been the best with all of the festivities and cheer onboard! We are back to 40 knot winds and 12 ft seas, but that just adds to our Christmas adventure! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Do you know the names of the live bands on board, We sail on the 23rd of Jan, hoping for some good music on board.

Thats too bad. Looks as if the suite breakfast atmosphere will be watered down now if many take advantage of this. I enjoyed the low number of people and

quiet surroundings.

I was wondering how the suite breakfast would be handled post Share. Now it does seem, as you stated, the experience will be watered down. One hope to keep the suite breakfast as it was pre Share, IMHO, is if the "Deluxe Breakfast" falls flat due to a lack of interest and poor promotion from Princess.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I was wondering how the suite breakfast would be handled post Share. Now it does seem, as you stated, the experience will be watered down. One hope to keep the suite breakfast as it was pre Share, IMHO, is if the "Deluxe Breakfast" falls flat due to a lack of interest and poor promotion from Princess.....:):):)

Bob

The "Deluxe Breakfast" was offered on our 50th Anniversary Cruise on the Pacific. It appears to be just the same old balcony breakfast menu, increased in price from $32/couple to $45/couple [emoji33] with the option of eating the meal in a restaurant, the Club Restaurant on the Pacific, or on your balcony. Suite passengers were still having their breakfast in Sabatini's. It does not appear to be an attempt to open breakfast at Sabatini's to anyone willing to pay $45/couple. Edited by IECalCruiser

Thanks for checking in.

"Griller" on the same cruise is apparently having a totally different experience then you........

On Emerald right now, Crown Grill still the same, we were 2 hours late leaving yesterday due to a freshwater problem, and lots of passengers including us have low water pressure and no hot water in our cabins, some passengers also have no AC.

There are still maintenance issues on the ship you'd think they would have fixed during a dry dock, like totally loose ceramic floor tiles on deck 15 in front of the food service areas. And elevator buttons that don't light up, just small things but annoying or dangerous.

Some find a silver lining, others just see the dark cloud!

The continuous wind was 40 knots (and is back to that today with 12 ft seas), but a pax measured the wind speed with a device that indicated 92 MPH!

Hand held anemometers are notoriously inaccurate. Also the forward speed of the ship needs to be added to the wind speed(if going "into" the wind)If the wind speed is 40 knots(46MPH)add the ship's speed (say 23MPH) you get an overall wind speed of 69MPH. Should have been great Para Sailing off the ship I'd say!