calls from my personal Carnival planner

Markanddonna

I have gone on just one Carnvial cruise. It seems that we get a call at least once a week from our cruise planner and I always tell him we really aren't interested at this time. Lately I have been telling him that he calls with at least weekly frequency and we just aren't interested!!!!

He revealed that my checking into cruises on the Carnival site sends him a message that I might be interested and then he calls! This doesn't happen with the other three cruiselines we use. Has this happened with anyone else?

I have gone on just one Carnvial cruise. It seems that we get a call at least once a week from our cruise planner and I always tell him we really aren't interested at this time. Lately I have been telling him that he calls with at least weekly frequency and we just aren't interested!!!!

He revealed that my checking into cruises on the Carnival site sends him a message that I might be interested and then he calls! This doesn't happen with the other three cruiselines we use. Has this happened with anyone else?

Carnival has aggressive sales staff, and I had to get down right nasty to get them to stop. You are correct, they are the only ones that do this, and even if you don't sign in, they log your IP address or something to know it's you.

Last time I talked to my PVP, she told me that she can see when I'm on the website.

She has never called me though.

She knows that when I'm ready to book, I'll call her.

She also asked me if I get calls from others to book a cruise. That's never happened to me. She said that if she doesn't make contact with me after a certain time period, then the other booking people can call. But she said she has a note on my account that no one else is to call me.

I found this really annoying too! Finally was straight up with my PVP and told her that it felt really "big brotherish" when she called after I was poking around on the Carnival site. She told me they are given a list and are accountable for following up with all of their customers who are researching on the website. The way around this is to LOG OUT when you're finished on the Carnival site. This should prevent you from showing up on your PVP's call list. They won't be held accountable for calling you, and you won't get more calls.

I like my PVP but really hate this aggressive sales tactic. Sometimes I log out, sometimes I forget or don't bother. But that convo did stop the PVP calls.

~Denise

Mine has never called me. We really don't use her though, the last cruise we took we booked onboard, and the next cruise we are taking we booked through a travel agent.

I used to be against travel agents, but he booked us as part of a group that got us a cheaper price on the cruise, $100OBC and some other things. I have been pretty impressed with the way he's handled stuff so far.

I used to get those calls a lot because I am ALWAYS checking on cruises. I simply told the representative that I would like to be taken off their list to call and that I will call them when I'm ready to commit. Worked like a charm and haven't gotten a call since....hope that doesn't affect me getting any upgrade fairy calls, but to me it is worth it because they were calling ALOT and it was slightly scary that they could see what cruises I was interested in.

Been with Carnival for over 20 years and never received calls that I didn't request. I sign on the website almost everyday checking for any specials and they still don't bother me. However one time we cruised NCL and then I happened to go on NCL's website and they started calling me until I told them I would call them when interested.

The strategy I've used is to change my phone number in my profile to something else when I'm not booked, and then change it back to the correct number when I'm booked on a cruise and feel they may need to contact me.

Have fun. Sometimes I change it to interesting pay per minute phone numbers, if you get my drift.

On a side note, my PVP seems to only email me now that I started this strategy...

Yes, it was happening to me as well and I figured out that they were tracking me online. So the next time she called I told her that I "dream" of cruising a lot but that doesn't mean I'm able to book. I told her she would be my first call when I was and she thanked me and quit calling. When I was ready to book, I called her and she has been wonderful. First time I've ever booked with a PVP.

I think she was probably able to mark my file not to call so she doesn't get in trouble with Carnival for not following up with me when I'm online. :cool:

The annoying thing is they keep calling but cannot offer any special deal. What is the point to repeat the things we can find on their web site by ourselves?

I agree with you. Plus, my last pvp messed up my booking. I won't use one again. I am perfectly capable of booking my own cruise and since they can't offer me anything special I don't feel it necessary to book with them. I haven't had one call me in a long time, I like it that way, but if they start calling me again, I will gladly tell them I don't want to be called and they can not waste their time.

Been with Carnival for over 20 years and never received calls that I didn't request. I sign on the website almost everyday checking for any specials and they still don't bother me. However one time we cruised NCL and then I happened to go on NCL's website and they started calling me until I told them I would call them when interested.

I have a great PVP. He has never called me unless he had something specific to talk to me about a cruise that I have booked with him or if I have asked him to call. He has always been very respectful and that is why I keep him. Sorry that I can't give his name out for the benefit of others.

We have a great PVP who waits until we notify him when we are ready to book...and we are on the site looking up cruises all the time. We usually do all our research online and then send him an email with the details. He then calls us back to finish the actual booking. In addition, he is always helpful if we have questions later. If you want more info, send me a message using the email below.

Here's hoping you have a great PVP like ours. Bon Voyage!

Lol. I'm going to sound like a total newb, but I've got three bookings with Carnival (never sailed with them before), and haven't gotten a call or email by anyone, other than the regular general Carnival emails. How do you know who your pvp is ?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

My PVP has gotten to the point where he will call 2-3 times a week and try all 3 phone lines in our family, and leave messages on each! I feel like I'm dodging a damn creditor or something. I've told him repeatedly that I'm not ready to book anytime soon but I guess I have to be more firm

To be honest, after this experience with him for the past couple of months, I will NEVER book with him. In fact, I may call up to switch my PVP and book with my new PVP that same day. Just because I am completely turned off by this guy!

Several months ago our old PVP left for green pastures. Our new one was more hands on. I did everything to get him to stop calling including asking to talk to a supervisor, put on hold, never connected, but nothing worked. Went on for a couple of months including calling and calling until I would answer and then hanging up without saying anything. I'm told a completed call is the only way they can get a phone number off there "call list" and get new numbers. After emailing Carnival customer service they put us on a do not call list.

On the bright side on occasion, PVP's have been able to get us better deals or cabins than those that we could see available on the web site.

Edited by Papa_Bear_

Our PVP is wonderful! He shoots me an email every couple of months to let me know he is available any time I'm ready. He makes sure the booking is perfect, calls before we leave to say "bon voyage" and sends us an email when we get back. He even returns calls on weekends! If we send an email and ask him to call, he always does within 24 hours. We book with him everytime. I wish i could tell y'all his name!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I find this so bizarre. Why such a difference from one PVP to another? We like our PVP a lot but he has never ever done a cold call or email. No one from Carnival has. I call when I'm ready! However, I have been busted not leaving him a message. The other night when I saw the vista dates open up I called his extension, got voice mail and hung up...I really needed certain cabins and was just going to do it myself. A few minutes later he called me and asked why I didn't leave a message! Thank goodness he called though it was so much easier to book multiple cabins over the phone plus I was paying with gift cards.