My Time Dining

Did I miss this or is RCI now again forcing you to prepay your gratuities at final payment?:mad:I just booked Empress online and picked MTD and gratuities were automatically added to the reservation and I could not remove them.:confused:

Edited by FLACRUISER99

No, you do NOT have to pre-pay gratuities on any ship on RC, including Empress.

It is a mistake/glitch. (surprise, surprise)

Just call up and have them removed.

800-526-9723

That's what I though ,I'll have them removed at final payment. Thanks

Did I miss this or is RCI now again forcing you to prepay your gratuities at final payment?:mad:I just booked Empress online and picked MTD and gratuities were automatically added to the reservation and I could not remove them.:confused:

Same way on my Empress booking. I just left it alone as I always pre pay anyway.

Seems like a hassle to have to tip every night though. Personally, I would just leave it but that's me.

He didn't say he wasn't going to pay his gratuities and/or pay them each night, merely that he didn't want to pre-pay them. Some people prefer to pay on board because they have some on board credit which can certainly go toward grats. :)

He didn't say he wasn't going to pay his gratuities and/or pay them each night, merely that he didn't want to pre-pay them. Some people prefer to pay on board because they have some on board credit which can certainly go toward grats. :)

JulieRose may not understand the process of autocharging the daily gratuities on the SeaPass account. ;)

Please

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating

"Must pre-pay gratuities to participate - this includes tips for your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom attendant"

and...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/product.do?pagename=onboard_prod_my_time_dining

"For your convenience, prepaid gratuities are automatically added to My Time Dining reservations. Some guests choose to recognize particularly exceptional service with an additional cash gratuity on the last night of their cruise."

Interesting thing when I just went online to "book" a cruise, it asked what dining type I wanted, and then pre-paid gratuities was an option. Maybe the policy has changed since I booked my last cruise, and they haven't updated all parts of their site? Wouldn't surprise me...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating

"Must pre-pay gratuities to participate - this includes tips for your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom attendant"

and...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/product.do?pagename=onboard_prod_my_time_dining

"For your convenience, prepaid gratuities are automatically added to My Time Dining reservations. Some guests choose to recognize particularly exceptional service with an additional cash gratuity on the last night of their cruise."

Interesting thing when I just went online to "book" a cruise, it asked what dining type I wanted, and then pre-paid gratuities was an option. Maybe the policy has changed since I booked my last cruise, and they haven't updated all parts of their site? Wouldn't surprise me...

The policy changed some time ago. Really not surprised that some pages still need updates