Live: Silhouette's Sweet, Chic Sky Suite

Stem to Stern

I am on board Celebrity Silhouette for a 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise departing today. This is my fourth cruise on a Celebrity ship, my second time on Celebrity Silhouette, and my first time in a suite. This is also my first attempt at a Live Blog. The frequency of my updates may vary depending on how the week's activities unfold. I am looking forward to sharing the details of the Suitelife experience. It has kicked off splendidly in the beautifully appointed, spacious corner aft S1 sky suite 1665 and continued with an elegant lunch in Luminae. I took advantage of the opportunity to surprise my partner with the sky suite upgrade. He is delighted as he is accustomed to the regular balcony staterooms. If there are any questions I can answer for guests that may be cruising aboard Celebrity Silhouette in the future, feel free to ask and I will try to help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Embarkation: Easy Breezy

We left Bonita Springs at 8:30 for the 1:45 ride across Alligator Alley to Park N Go. I always use them because they are quick and efficient. They bussed us over to Terminal 25 where the porter took the bags we did not want to carry on. Just inside the terminal entrance the ropes branched off into two lines. There were no lines and I proceeded into the ropes marked Zenith/Suite. Tim thought we were in the wrong line, but I kept walking. We got our Seapasses and walked on the ship to our stateroom to drop off our garment bags. By 11:45 we were seated in Luminae for lunch. More to come.

Stateroom: Sky Suite 1665 (S1)

Upon arrival we were greeted by stateroom attendant Jose and assistant stateroom attendant Kadek. Both seem very pleasant. The suite looked like it was clean and ready to go. The layout did not seem as awkward as the pictures I had seen. The pole should not be an issue. The carpet looks new. Furniture looked great except I asked Kadek to switch out one of the patio chairs that had a loose reclining mechanism. The rain shower in the tub looks like it will be awesome. The Bulgari smells nice.

This review reminds me of the Reflection cruise where I surprised my girls with a Sky Suite - for the second year in a row! Be careful...once your partner (you also) gets used to the Sky Suite, it's hard to go back to a normal stateroom. :D I even upgraded my DH and I on our October cruise...our first Sky Suite together. However, our next few cruises will be in regular staterooms and it will be hard getting used to having less room. :(

Have a grand time in your Suite and on your cruise. :) Looking forward to reading more.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise and don't spend too much time reporting live here. We can wait until you return - it's a short enough cruise.

We've been in those corner aft S1s about 6 times and we love them! With Luminae and Michael's Club and a bunch of perks added on it really is special. We loved Luminae. On our Nov. cruise we on board 13 nights and I had that Luminae burger three times (I asked for it without the bun). My husband liked the duck.

Try the bourbon peach cocktail at dinner. Mmmmm.

I will be following your blog closely, because we are sailing in AQ to the Caribbean in March, and I am booked in AQ for our 2017 12 night British Isles cruise. I am going to see how the first cruise goes, but after everything I have read here, I may surprise my husband with a sky suite for our trip, especially since it's the longest cruise we have ever been on. It's really a huge extravagance for us, so I'm interested in your suite experience. Pictures are much appreciated. Fortunately, he's only about 5'9 or so, that shower will be great! Have a great trip!

16b5f126e1a4e172b7d2be6742f721e4.jpg

Luminae: Refined Elegance

I am really enjoying the meals here so far. The venue is beautifully designed. Luminae feels more intimate than Blu on either class of ships. It seems as if there are fewer tables and it is divided into two separate rooms. The tables for two have a walkway in between them, so plenty of distance but close enough to get acquainted with new friends if we so desired. We chatted with a wonderful couple from Palm Beach, FL/Long Island, NY. The service is friendly, attentive, and unobtrusive. We were seated at a window which we later realized was about the same exact location we were seated exactly one year ago before this portion of the main dining room was transformed into Luminae. Today's lunch starter was a delicious heirloom tomato salad followed by an entree of seafood brochette. Portions were not huge and that's not a bad thing. Dessert, a white chocolate cake with pistachio gelato, was divine. Our neighboring diners ordered chicken and waffles and that smelled wonderful. At dinner our waiter Jason informed us that shrimp cocktail, escargot, french onion soup, and Caesar salad would all be available every night even though they do not appear on the menu. The filet was delicious. 917630488c71478ef29fce7686c84e11.jpg

Oh wow!

Thanks for taking the time to upload photos. I am particularly interested in Luminae. We cannot wait to try it for ourselves on the Silhouette in April. Glad to see the Bulgari toiletries are now in the Sky suites.Looking forward to the rest of your posts!

Enjoy:)

Alcoves: Aaah!

Yesterday after boarding we met up with some great friends that we met on last year's cruise. They book an alcove on sea days. It is so pleasant and relatively quiet. They can just pick up the phone and order drinks. Love it! To answer your question about our cabin, the noise from the cafe is not an issue for me.

We had 1665 (S1)and 1667 (S2)next door last summer. It was great with the balcony divider opened up for a real wrap around view in the Baltic. We ate in Luminae and found the food just excellent. I was worried re high end menus but everything I tried was delicious. They were very eager to please. One slight moan was that breakfast seemed to take forever there, fine unless you were wanting to go off the ship.Nearly 1 hour some days. Otherwise fantastic suites and fantastic ship. Yes the table in the suite does telescope up and down so you can eat there.

Chic Night in Luminae

We went early to make sure we had plenty of time to get to the show later. We went at 6:00 and the place was empty. We were done by 8:10. We lingered and conversed. The pace of the meal was perfect. Two of the four of us brought our tuxes. A few others donned them as well. One said this was the first time in all his many years of cruising with Celebrity he left his at home. Had he knew others would still be wearing them he would have brought his. He still looked Palm Beach Elegant in his blue jacket, pocket square, blue and white striped shirt, and suede loafers without socks. He said he loves sweaters. His wife was equally elegant. Ladies still busted out the sequins. Around the rest of the ship people didn't seem as decked out. Leaving the Silhouette Theater after the Beatles tribute band's show, I spotted one passenger wearing a camouflage visor. The Luminae dinner menu has 4 or 5 appetizer choices and 4 or 5 mains. Plus they bring everyone an amuse bouche. Tonight's was caviar on top of creme fraiche on a tart sized pastry shell. Something went terribly wrong with the dough. After that hiccup I started with the escargot AND lobster salad with pineapple. My main was the Haibut with a creamy Ginger broth, rice, and bok choy. Tim started with the artichoke soup with prosciutto and porcini mushrooms followed by the Pappardelle with a venison ragout. One of our friends is a vegetarian. He had the cauliflower steak. Next was a sorbet intermezzo to clean the palate. For my dessert I selected marscipone cheesecake and it was delish. Tim had the panna cotta. Then Jason rolled the candy cart up to the table. Some may find it overwhelming, but I have a sweet tooth and enjoyed a plateful of samplings including a coconut marshmallow, Peruvian dark chocolate, and a soft carmel wrapped in cellophane that reminded me of the ones my mother used to make around the holidays.

Our butler told us on chic night they release the reserved suite guest seating in the thearer to everyone else 15 minutes prior to showtime. He said get to the theater 20 minutes early to get a seat in the reserved section which was located on the upper level in the center. He said he would save us 4 seats. We got there and were able to take the 4 seats remaining in the front row. I think the section was full by 8:45. The show was good. Paul McCartney let us know they were playing and singing without any backing tracks. After the show we headed to Quasar for some dancing, then to The Martini Bar for a nightcap. By now we start to see some of the crew coming out to enjoy themselves. A quick stop at Michael's Club revealed the fact that they have to clean up after all of us sometime. The door was propped open, the lights were up, the liquor was put away, the self serve beer coolers were locked, and the scent of cleaning product permeated the air. We grabbed some bottled water and soft drinks from the unlocked coolers and called it a night.