Flip Flops in the MDR

deladane

As I said in a post a lifetime ago (it seems) if you have to ask, then you know the answer is NO.

If people want to use the forums for this kind of thread..............

if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen! ;)

I see people post this fallacious statement on a regular basis here on CC. Just a note, no matter how many times you post it, it's still wrong. :rolleyes:

or you can learn how to interpret the rule. and read a fashion mag or two to actually grasp modern style.

The rule is quite simple: NO flip-flops allowed in the main dining room. Nothing more to interpret. A flip-flop is a flip-flop is a flip-flop. Just like jeans are jeans.

No fashion mag in the world, no amount of bling or designer labels on them will alter the fact that is what they are. Paying big bucks for such items doesn't make them "fashionable" nor does it make something different.

And I have still yet to see any pictures that prove it otherwise. Period.

You know... I think on my upcoming cruise (see my sig below) I'm going to eat in the MDR wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. Then, just for the heck-of-it, I think I'll eat in the buffet completely in the buff...literally... :D

John

P.S. Welcome to page 20 of the most hilarious thread I've read in a long time.

Edited by LV Naturist

This whole thread has made chuckle. So often people say "it's my vacation, I will do what I want" or "who cares what other people wear, it doesn't ruin my vacation", but here we have 19 pages of footwear critique.

I don't happen to care what you wear on your feet. I care much more about what I see above the table.

The rules are just for show and are basically guidelines?

Cool. So I can blow off the muster drill since it's a pain, I'll take my booze back to the room with me after I return my excursion instead of dropping it off, and I'll get off the ship whenever I darn well please at the end of the cruise.

:cool:

I say feel free to, it won't affect me whatsoever.

The rule is quite simple: NO flip-flops allowed in the main dining room. Nothing more to interpret. A flip-flop is a flip-flop is a flip-flop. Just like jeans are jeans.

No fashion mag in the world, no amount of bling or designer labels on them will alter the fact that is what they are. Paying big bucks for such items doesn't make them "fashionable" nor does it make something different.

And I have still yet to see any pictures that prove it otherwise. Period.

Could not agree more.

Well, hate to break it to you but jeans are allowed in the MDR and they specifically say that "designer jeans" are fine for evening chic. (no more formal nights). Same with work - i can't wear ripped up jeans, but dark washed nice jeans are fine. If you don't know the difference, the onus is on you to educate yourself.

There's a difference between pool/ shower flip flops and nice sandals that happen to follow the flip flop format.

Sounds like you're just a curmudgeon who doesn't like change. So you can stand still and the rest of the world will keep passing you by.

I have no problems with change, I have problems with people who think the rules don't matter to them.

So, please tell me which of these are the most expensive:

2580408-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg1064872-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg3045466-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Edited by K.T.B.

I have no problems with change, I have problems with people who think the rules don't matter to them.

You're being deliberately obtuse because the difference is quite easy to see and the rule quite easy to interpret.

Shower style rubber flip flop

Flip-Flops.jpg

Sandals

Leather-sandals-handcrafted-in-Jerusalem-Jesus-Sandals-for-men-and-women.jpg

391117951_441.jpg

7c7ad06832541776327f26af0381c5f1.jpg

You're being deliberately obtuse because the difference is quite easy to see and the rule quite easy to interpret.

Shower style rubber flip flop

Flip-Flops.jpg

Sandals

Leather-sandals-handcrafted-in-Jerusalem-Jesus-Sandals-for-men-and-women.jpg

391117951_441.jpg

7c7ad06832541776327f26af0381c5f1.jpg

Well, one is a sandal....

Third one and fourth one? Flip flops: LINK. LINK.

Very quick and easy to find.

And I know this thread will probably be locked soon, but you can call your shoe whatever you wish. Bling it up as much as you want. Pay hundred if you wish. Bottom line is it's still a flip-flop, which Celebrity bans from the MDR. Whether they actually adhere to their own rules is another matter altogether though....

Edited by K.T.B.

Wow. I'm hoping that the uptight people on this post aren't sailing on my cruise. I say wear them. If they allow you in then great. If they don't then you were forewarned. I'm more offended by men in speedos and overweight women in bikinis than I am by someone in flip flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow. I'm hoping that the uptight people on this post aren't sailing on my cruise. I say wear them. If they allow you in then great. If they don't then you were forewarned. I'm more offended by men in speedos and overweight women in bikinis than I am by someone in flip flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Especially in the MDR! ;o)

Edited by davekathy