Luggage Tags

tunaman2011

Greetings

Just over a week to go until our next Celebrity voyage and still no luggage tags. I have ordered them not once but twice and they still have not appeared. Yes, I know it's a nit. I can print tags or get them at the pier. But it just seems that the "2015 Best Premium Cruise Line" would pay a little more attention to some of the smaller details or remove the options from the website.

Good Sailing

Tom

We sailed in January and went through the same thing. I ordered tags twice and then called Captain's club. They verified that the order was received.

We finally got our tags about a week before sailing. In the past they always arrived shortly after placing the order....No idea why they are delaying sending out the tags.

I have never had a problem getting my tags that I ordered for about a dozen cruises on Celebrity, I just ordered tags (2/16) for a cruise on 4/2 so I will keep this thread informed on what happens.

J.

After reading some of the complaints concerning online ordering of luggage tags I decided to call the Captains Club desk and order ours through the Captains Club desk for our 3 April 2016 Eclipse Caribbean Cruise. I advised the girl I spoke with that I've never had a problem with the online ordering for luggage tags in the past. She agreed the online process isn't working the way it should and the Captains Club desk is more than happy to send out the luggage tags. She told me my request was one of many they receive. Very friendly girl.

Edited by davekathy

After reading some of the complaints concerning online ordering of luggage tags I decided to call the Captains Club desk and order ours through the Captains Club desk for our 3 April 2016 Eclipse Caribbean Cruise. I advised the girl I spoke with that I've never had a problem with the online ordering for luggage tags in the past. She agreed the online process isn't working the way it should and the Captains Club desk is more than happy to send out the luggage tags. She told me my request was one of many they receive. Very friendly girl.

I have the same good custumer service experience when I call directly. Regarding the luggage tags, called Captains Club and received them in about a week or so.

]Greetings

Just over a week to go until our next Celebrity voyage and still no luggage tags. I have ordered them not once but twice and they still have not appeared. Yes, I know it's a nit. I can print tags or get them at the pier. But it just seems that the "2015 Best Premium Cruise Line" would pay a little more attention to some of the smaller details or remove the options from the website.

Good Sailing

Tom

Called Captains club about my luggage tags and got them in about a week.

Celebrity announced in January they lost several weeks worth of luggage tag orders. Evidently from what I was told today it has happened again. There have been some 6 threads on this recently.

What to do: Since you do not need them simply move on.

#2 Arrive at the pier and tell the porter your cabin number.

#3 Watch them write your cabin number on the tag - to make sure it is correct

#4 Board the ship.

It is not worth waiting 15-20 minutes to call anyone. There is no benefit from using them. Definitely do not use the paper ones on your Express Pass as they easily tear off.

Celebrity announced in January they lost several weeks worth of luggage tag orders. Evidently from what I was told today it has happened again. There have been some 6 threads on this recently.

What to do: Since you do not need them simply move on.

#2 Arrive at the pier and tell the porter your cabin number.

#3 Watch them write your cabin number on the tag - to make sure it is correct

#4 Board the ship.

It is not worth waiting 15-20 minutes to call anyone. There is no benefit from using them. Definitely do not use the paper ones on your Express Pass as they easily tear off.

For me it was approximately a 3 minute wait and a 7 minute conversation. Wow! The only time I would use the porters for luggage tags would be if I forgot ours and that will never happen. 1. Arrive at pier hand luggage over to the porter (luggage tags put on luggage before leaving the hotel) and board ship. No need for any other steps.

Edited by davekathy

I ordered them twice for our Nov 1 TA. They never did arrive. I ordered the plastic luggage tag holders advertised above. It appears you can just slip the paper tags into the plastic holders. Now I am prepared for not receiving mailed luggage tags.

Edited by jeno

I just called Celebrity, after ordering our luggage tags three times! Rep told me that there was no order for tags but that the system has been having problems lately. Do not like going to pier without tags. I did print some out just in case but she said I should have them in plenty of time.

I ordered them twice for our Nov 1 TA. They never did arrive. I ordered the plastic luggage tag holders advertised above. It appears you can just slip the paper tags into the plastic holders. Now I am prepared for not receiving mailed luggage tags.

I use these. Good for any line and I don't worry about finding tape or staple at the precruise hotel or port.