Free bottle of wine in Steakhouse - questions.

BigB0882

I made a reservation for my husband and I in the Steakhouse on the first night of our upcoming cruise. We wanted to do it the first night because they have the free bottle of wine and 50% off bottles. Now we have another couple coming with us on the cruise. If they come to the Steakhouse will we only get 1 bottle of free wine for the entire table or will they give us 2 bottles since we are in 2 separate rooms?

I have not done this but I would have the other couple make their reservation and when you arrive ask for tables next to each other. That way you will be assured of your free wine. Remember the wine isn't what I call top notch but you may like it. I take advantage of the 50% off of the wine. On our last cruise I purchased b bottle of Dom Perignon for $120 which I could not touch on shore for that price. I suggest the higher price wines with the 50% off are a bargain.

Thanks. I am hoping they will go by room # so that we can each get a bottle but if not, it is no huge deal. We probably wont like the free wine that much anyway and may prefer to buy a bottle at 50% off.

Many of the prices are quite reasonable once you take off 50% :D

On both the Freedom and the Liberty, we were able to buy several bottles of wine to be used later in the cruise. The steakhouse sommelier delivered them to the main dining room on nights we requested them.

Don't know if that's the norm on other ships, but we're going to try on the Conquest next month.

I made a reservation for my husband and I in the Steakhouse on the first night of our upcoming cruise. We wanted to do it the first night because they have the free bottle of wine and 50% off bottles. Now we have another couple coming with us on the cruise. If they come to the Steakhouse will we only get 1 bottle of free wine for the entire table or will they give us 2 bottles since we are in 2 separate rooms?

It is 1 free bottle per table...we were in 2 different cabins also and couldn't get a second one free. We purchased another one 50% off though.

On both the Freedom and the Liberty, we were able to buy several bottles of wine to be used later in the cruise. The steakhouse sommelier delivered them to the main dining room on nights we requested them.

Don't know if that's the norm on other ships, but we're going to try on the Conquest next month.

Glad to hear this! I am going to be on the Freedom. I was looking at the "Cruise the Vineyards" package, but if the steakhouse will sell me the wine at 50%, I think I come out better, in price, selection and quality (and get a steak dinner!) How many is "several"? I'd like to get at least 4 additional bottles for later in the cruise.

On the Liberty in 2014 we had another couple with us. One reservation. Two cabins, two couples, two bottles of wine.

Personally we enjoyed the wine. I have had expensive wines that were awful and cheap ones that were great and vice versus. It all depends on what you enjoy. But hey - its free - if you don't like it I bet you can find someone who will happily finish it for you and you may even make a new friend.

Glad to hear this! I am going to be on the Freedom. I was looking at the "Cruise the Vineyards" package, but if the steakhouse will sell me the wine at 50%, I think I come out better, in price, selection and quality (and get a steak dinner!) How many is "several"? I'd like to get at least 4 additional bottles for later in the cruise.

We bought 2 additional bottles of Caymus on both cruises last year. The sommelier wouldn't let us take them with us however. We had to call the steakhouse and let them know we were going to the main dining room and she would deliver them directly to our table. Really hoping to do this again!

We also bought a couple bottles through the Fun Shops prior to boarding and had a couple bottles waiting for us when we boarded. There was a really good Barolo that was reasonably priced.

We bought 3 or 4 (it's a little hazy) at the 50% off on the Miracle. They said that they all had to be opened in the steakhouse but then we could take them with us. 50% off of the more expensive wines made them some of them a steal!! It seems like the mark up isn't as crazy on the better brands as it is on the cheap stuff.