Cruises to Aruba and Curacao question

S.S.Oceanlover

Why does Carnival do 1 island 8am to4 or 5pm and then the next day doesn't get to the next island until 1pm .

All the other cruise lines hit thise 2 islands in consecutive days just like Carnival but they arrive at each island at 8am?

Getting to 1 island at 1pm is a waste to me.

Bill

I enjoyed getting to Curacao at 1. We rented a car and drove to westpunt to the beaches for about 4 hours and still had time to get back to the ship and shower and get back to the town at night for some dinner and drinks. Had an amazing time

agreed.

Think it is because they insist on dragging us to La Romana and that screws up the time. Itinerary would be so much better with extra day at sea and longer port times in Aruba and Curacao

Is La Romana that bad? We stop there on the Splendor in August.

Is La Romana that bad? We stop there on the Splendor in August.

Take the worst aspects of Freeport, Nassau, and Ochoa Rios, subtract the beaches and add the poverty of Dominica and St Lucia without the natural beauty, and you can see the picture. The only place I ever went where I actually felt unsafe. Either take an excursion to a guarded beach, a snorkel excursion (mediocre snorkeling at best, OR STAY ON THE SHIP.

Sorry but I disagree with you all. I love LA Romana. I can see how some feel unsafe because of the cultural differences and the poverty but the people are extremely welcoming. After spending a beautiful day at Dominicus beach we headed to downtown LA Romana and walked around and felt very safe talking with the locals. It does help that we speak spanish

Sorry but I disagree with you all. I love LA Romana. I can see how some feel unsafe because of the cultural differences and the poverty but the people are extremely welcoming. After spending a beautiful day at Dominicus beach we headed to downtown LA Romana and walked around and felt very safe talking with the locals. It does help that we speak spanish

We also had a great time in La Romana, we went to Sanoa Island, wow what a beauty, that was one of the best excursions we have ever done, so much fun and a full day, LOVED IT! Dominica was also a great day this past Jan, Rain forest/black sand beach, lots of info and was so nice to see different parts of the beauty of Dominica, it is what one makes of it, I mean you are in the Caribbean, relax man have fun! Not sure what some people want when they go to these Islands, 5 star resorts at every step?

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

My southern itinerary has us with Aruba as our first port 1-10 pm, with Curaçao the next day 8-4. I just assumed it was because Aruba was the first port and it took that long to get there? But if you have one of those places 8-4 first then the other 1-10 it really doesn't seem to make sense because they're so close.

Cultural differences.... I like that. I don't feel unsafe anywhere. All the people are so helpful to us when we go.

Its what you make it. Im determined to have a good time no matter where i go. I treat the locals with respect and that is returned to us

Why does Carnival do 1 island 8am to4 or 5pm and then the next day doesn't get to the next island until 1pm .

All the other cruise lines hit thise 2 islands in consecutive days just like Carnival but they arrive at each island at 8am?

Getting to 1 island at 1pm is a waste to me.

Bill

Ireally enjoy the late time.carnival does this to make it more fun for us all. its all about the fun baby !!!!!!!!!!

Cultural differences.... I like that. I don't feel unsafe anywhere. All the people are so helpful to us when we go.

Its what you make it. Im determined to have a good time no matter where i go. I treat the locals with respect and that is returned to us

Never felt unsafe but after going to artist colony in La Romana which was an interesting place no great interest in going back.

We do feel that Aruba and Curacao are two of the best ports of call in Caribbean and we would rather maximize our time there.

When we went to Aruba and Curacao we were in Aruba from 1pm to like 11 pm and Curacao the next day at 8-4 or 5. It took us a long time to get from Grand Cayman to Aruba so I figured that is why it was at 1, because thats just when we finally got there. And Curacao is so close that we were there the next morning.

When we went to Aruba and Curacao we were in Aruba from 1pm to like 11 pm and Curacao the next day at 8-4 or 5. It took us a long time to get from Grand Cayman to Aruba so I figured that is why it was at 1, because thats just when we finally got there. And Curacao is so close that we were there the next morning.

Same for us, we did a sunset cruise in Aruba that was OUTSTANDING