new item - buttered popcorn pot de creme?

Out of Iowa

Will someone who has been brave enough to select the new dessert off the new menus please describe "buttered popcorn pot de creme?" A photo would be a bonus!

I love chocolate, creme brulee, Grand Marnier souffle - but do not like popcorn in the least. Might I dare try this dish?

Thanks!

ok, I just ate this a few days ago. It was not one of my favorites ... but it was good. It's a ramekin of sweet, "caramel popcorn flavored" cream, almost as thick as a Flan, but not quite that consistency. There are 2-3 pieces of popped caramel popcorn on top, but they are more for decoration. There may have been a sauce you pour in there too, I can't remember. I ordered multiple desserts a night. This dessert was def worth trying tho.

I am like you, I love crème Brule, Grand Marnier soufflé and Bitters and Blanc.

I tried the pot de crème in December. Recoverydude did a good job of describing it. Carmel corn is there for decoration. The pot de crème has a pudding consistency with a vanilla/caramel flavor and mine did have a layer of thin caramel sauce. (the sauce was thin not the layer)

I am not a popcorn fan but do enjoy caramel corn on occasion. I certainly think it worth trying this dessert.

• Like 1

I want Creme Brulee every night.

On our last cruise on the Sunshine, a lady sitting beside us in MDR told us that she requests 2 creme brûlées every night for dinner. She lets them know the first night of the cruise and they honor her request every night. Then she takes one back to her room to put in the refrigerator for a late night snack.:D I wish I had enough nerve to ask for this, because I too love it!

It has a blueberry marmalade as well. Not sure if it's pored over the top or if it's inside. At least that's what my menu says.

It may vary from ship to ship because I can promise you if it said anything about blueberries I would have avoided it like the plague. I don't do blue berry anything.

The blueberry was on the plate next to the bowl the pot de creme was in. It was really good, like Cracker Jack Pudding.

We had a chef with us who was impressed by the execution, it was the only time he was actually impressed by the food (he never actually complained, but he wasn't exactly gushing over the food quality either). He said it could easily be found in any high end restaurant that was trying to take a whimsical take on dessert and enjoyed it more than any other dessert he had on the ship.

It may vary from ship to ship because I can promise you if it said anything about blueberries I would have avoided it like the plague. I don't do blue berry anything.

51043e659b47a7444cc3c17a738de229.jpg

The blueberry was on the plate next to the bowl the pot de creme was in. It was really good, like Cracker Jack Pudding.

We had a chef with us who was impressed by the execution, it was the only time he was actually impressed by the food (he never actually complained, but he wasn't exactly gushing over the food quality either). He said it could easily be found in any high end restaurant that was trying to take a whimsical take on dessert and enjoyed it more than any other dessert he had on the ship.

Thanks. I didn't have it that night, but knew it said blueberries on the menu [emoji4]

51043e659b47a7444cc3c17a738de229.jpg

Thanks. I didn't have it that night, but knew it said blueberries on the menu [emoji4]

I didn't doubt you firemanbobswife, you are spot on with your info. I just know I didn't have blueberry with mine. It is possible my hubby asked them to leave it off the plate. Yes, I hate blueberries that much.

Blueberries and Brussels sprouts are about the only two things I will NOT eat. Things I don't care for I will nibble on to be polite but those two don't even make it to the plate.

I didn't doubt you firemanbobswife, you are spot on with your info. I just know I didn't have blueberry with mine. It is possible my hubby asked them to leave it off the plate. Yes, I hate blueberries that much.

Blueberries and Brussels sprouts are about the only two things I will NOT eat. Things I don't care for I will nibble on to be polite but those two don't even make it to the plate.

I'm with you on the Brussels sprouts. Yuk! But I do love blueberries!

All I knew is what I saw on the menu like I said I didn't order it. I had the yummy cheesecake [emoji1]! I was just glad to see that someone could confirm that the blueberries were supposed to be there in some way, shape, or form. It very well could be that your DH asked to leave them off.

At least now you know for next time that it does come with it so make sure yours doesn't [emoji4]

• 2 years later...