Question about noise from adjoining cabin

Heather1972

I have not noticed any difference between noise from the next cabin that had a connecting door and one without.

Both rooms have there own door, so it is twice at thick as a single door.

I would not worry about it.

Have a great cruise! :)

We had an adjoining cabin on the NCL Sky. There was a lot of noise from the room next door. Lots of wind wooshing under the door from them leaving their balcony door open all the time and I could hear their tv and most of what they were doing. Seemed to be a family with two kids. It was very annoying especially the wind effect. We had an adjoining cabin on Royal Caribbean Anthem of the seas, there was no noise at all, it was rock solid (no gap) and very quiet. So it may depend on how old or new the ship is.

We've heard "noises" coming from folks next door to us in the early morning hours; and, it wasn't adjorning staterooms - came thru the wall partition. Mrs M was sound asleep and for whatever reason, I heard all the "OMG's :) :D ;) as I seldom hear anything at all ...

I figured they're enjoying their intimate privacy and get a little too loud, well - good for them, I went back to sleep in a few moments (maybe minutes, don't really remember ... "and, they're at it for the duration" after I turned being a side sleeper. )

I supposed that I could've "tap" the wall a few times and let them know to chill out a bit on their honeymooning activities, I think :p - but, then - maybe not, as I might end up waking up Mrs. M, LOL.

If the neighbors are really inconsiderate and creating problems with noises, a call down to reception/front desk usually will suffice and let them deal with it - we've also had security in our nearby hallway-corridor addressing matters as appropriate.

OP, stop worrying about it, is it a good deck location and convenient to most venue - enjoy the cruise.

I was on the Sun twice with shared doors to adjoining cabins. Once we heard nothing. The second time we had some of the most inconsiderate neighbors ever. We heard them daily, and at all hours of the day and night. They had little kids screaming and thumping and apparently never reminded them that they weren't at home and that this was a shared space. One night at around 2:00 in the morning, just as I had had it, and was about to call guest services, I heard their phone ring...they quieted down a little after that. Bring earplugs - I wish I had.

We've heard "noises" coming from folks next door to us in the early morning hours; and, it wasn't adjorning staterooms - came thru the wall partition. Mrs M was sound asleep and for whatever reason, I heard all the "OMG's :) :D ;) as I seldom hear anything at all ...

I figured they're enjoying their intimate privacy and get a little too loud, well - good for them, I went back to sleep in a few moments (maybe minutes, don't really remember ... "and, they're at it for the duration" after I turned being a side sleeper. )

I supposed that I could've "tap" the wall a few times and let them know to chill out a bit on their honeymooning activities, I think :p - but, then - maybe not, as I might end up waking up Mrs. M, LOL.

If the neighbors are really inconsiderate and creating problems with noises, a call down to reception/front desk usually will suffice and let them deal with it - we've also had security in our nearby hallway-corridor addressing matters as appropriate.

OP, stop worrying about it, is it a good deck location and convenient to most venue - enjoy the cruise.

Only time I've heard someone was on an older ship. I could hear someone talking in one other cabins about 6 am. Not really worried about it. I've just avoided getting connecting rooms, but this time I was assigned one.

I was on the Sun twice with shared doors to adjoining cabins. Once we heard nothing. The second time we had some of the most inconsiderate neighbors ever. We heard them daily, and at all hours of the day and night. They had little kids screaming and thumping and apparently never reminded them that they weren't at home and that this was a shared space. One night at around 2:00 in the morning, just as I had had it, and was about to call guest services, I heard their phone ring...they quieted down a little after that. Bring earplugs - I wish I had.

I wear ear plugs at home. Hubby and son are LOUD when they get up. I guess I'll be bringing them on vacation too! :eek:

Edited by Glitter nails

Prejudging the situation - just maybe the guests next door will be quiet as a church house mouse (mice) !

Now if they bring the Spinnaker Lounge entertainment with them then it really is time to raise an equal fuss with the Front Registration Desk !

If it gets too bad inquire (no demand) about being moved to a more quiet area !

Does anyone know if the balcony partition between connect rooms open up? We have a connecting room with friends and I was curious about this.

SEARCH "Balcony Partition"

Best Thread answering this question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2085800

When on board ask your cabin steward if and when it can be done !

You will probably be advised not since you can use the interior door

connecting the cabins and the partition makes it awkward for one or

the other cabin blocking the door and hitting deck chairs loungers etc.

But it never hurts to ask !

Duck-tape, I never leave home without it.

Great idea. I will seal around door edges. I can hear noise in adjoining cabins, usually tv, some talking, laughing.

I use duct tape to seal some of the air vent if it is too cold and you can't change temp. Sometimes I cover it with the dailies to deflect breeze.

On Escape (deck 9) balcony, we found the sound insulation pretty poor. Our state room was not an adjoining one. Late night music from one adjoining state room was a problem which we, after a few nights, complained of with guest services. They dealt with it quickly and effectively. 10 out of 10 on that. Their was no re occurrence. Sound on a day to day basis from adjacent state rooms was noticeable but not a big deal.

Whatever you do - do not try to fix the noise issue on your own !

Let NCL handle it and stay out of the fray !

The difficulty is if your cabin neighbors find out it is you who complained the

pleasantness of the cruise could go south in a hurry and for the rest of the voyage !

Party ? - What Party ? - Why wasn't I invited (tongue in cheek) ?

For noise suppression good idea about altering the ventilation.

Try to increase the air flow (white noise) without increasing/decreasing the temperature !

Have a balcony cabin open the balcony door a bit (this turns off the AC) and

listen to the lullaby of the waves !

OR not really recommended but if you have the UBP take two of these and wake me in the morning !

Pleasant dreams - good luck finding rest for the wicked ! LOL !

• 3 weeks later...