yes they did reduce the drink package price

Just got off Navigator and if there are two adults in the cabin and one purchases the drink package, the other one must also purchase it.

You all know why this is the rule.....no sharing of one package!

Where did the previous poster think only one can purchase it?? Perhaps on other cruise lines but not this one.

Did an employee on the ship actually tell you that?

Just got off Navigator and if there are two adults in the cabin and one purchases the drink package, the other one must also purchase it.

Where did the previous poster think only one can purchase it?? Perhaps on other cruise lines but not this one.

When were you on Navigator? You're active in a bunch of other roll calls, but nothing for Navigator recently. Just wondering if you were referring to this year. Although you were just on Serenade. Maybe you meant that?

Edited by tlatrice

I think you might believe this is Carnival. RCCL does not require everyone in the room to get one, and they offer 5 different packages so that everyone can pick what is best for them or pick non at all.

Math and reading comprehension is on a downward spiral. Really? I beg to differ with you! For the few of us who have been looking at purchasing the drink package in the last few weeks...the website listed the higher price and also noted gratuities would be added to the cost. I get they are just marketing it differently. Maybe they have been marketing it incorrectly for the last few weeks but for those who were deciding to purchase in the last few weeks the price is lower that what had been advertised. I also noted the pricing was back to what it was originally in my first post. I think your comment is very rude!

We just got off the Enchantment and I was able to purchase the package without my sister buying it. I have also reserved the package only for me on the Anthem cruise in October and we have 4 in the cabin and only one package has been purchased.

On grandeur right now and if you buy a package noone else needs to buy one that is in your stateroom. Best part of this sailing is you could buy any package for a 24 hour period. By one at 6:00pm for one day and it is good till 6pm next day. Awesome value as you can get drinks for 2 dinners and buy just for sea days.

I always get a drink pkg and my hubby didn't have to purchase one. Guess someone got one over on you!

Edited by Lvscruzn
want to change wording

Math and reading comprehension is on a downward spiral.

Math and reading comprehension is on a downward spiral. Really? I beg to differ with you! For the few of us who have been looking at purchasing the drink package in the last few weeks...the website listed the higher price and also noted gratuities would be added to the cost. I get they are just marketing it differently. Maybe they have been marketing it incorrectly for the last few weeks but for those who were deciding to purchase in the last few weeks the price is lower that what had been advertised. I also noted the pricing was back to what it was originally in my first post. I think your comment is very rude!

We all know how "good" Royal's website is - in defense of cruisefar - when they were advertising the higher price that included gratuities it DID say that gratuities would be added. I knew from the "odd" price that they were already included and, sure enough, nothing was added at checkout when I purchased it.

In fact, just for grins, to be absolutely sure, I did cancel my drink package and repurchase it just on the VERY remote chance that the new "lower" price would ring up as if gratuities were included. No such luck...:(:p

• 1 month later...
Marketing, Marketing, Marketing....the price didn't go down. They just pulled the gratuities out, making it look like the prices went down. Take $49 and add 18%, comes out to $58. Price before the new ad.

And it worked. Now you can see how it clearly works & why its done. No one was hurt as the cost to the cruiser remained the same. It's really no different from the many differing versions of the BOGOHO Sales & Promotions.

I've only been on 5 cruises & none of the sales or lack of have prevented us from cruising. If we want to go, we shop for the best possible price, hammer our TA a bit, but we go & just enjoy then take what's being promoted at the time.

My husband is legit allergic to alcohol - gets very sick. There is NO WAY they can get away with forcing people to buy two packages. They are at risk of a BIG problem if they were to try enforce something like that!!.

Royal does not require this, but on Carnival they do require all persons of age in the stateroom to have the same package. They are well within their right to force everyone to purchase it ridiculous as it is, they just can't force anyone to actually drink.

Thankfully I don't drink enough anymore to justify the packages in any sense.

On grandeur right now and if you buy a package noone else needs to buy one that is in your stateroom. Best part of this sailing is you could buy any package for a 24 hour period. By one at 6:00pm for one day and it is good till 6pm next day. Awesome value as you can get drinks for 2 dinners and buy just for sea days.

First I have heard of this option. If that is the case we will buy one everyday except for port days.

Only happened for us on the grandeur cruise 10 day. I was surprised as heck also. Didn't have to buy it for min of 4 days from end of cruise. Was great but this cruise was definitely slow at the bars so i think that had some reason for it. Have never had this option on the 8 cruises with rccl before.

Also had the 10 drink card but it was $89 plus gratuities so wasn't that great of a deal.

Only happened for us on the grandeur cruise 10 day. I was surprised as heck also. Didn't have to buy it for min of 4 days from end of cruise. Was great but this cruise was definitely slow at the bars so i think that had some reason for it. Have never had this option on the 8 cruises with rccl before.

Also had the 10 drink card but it was $89 plus gratuities so wasn't that great of a deal.

Oh ok. We are on a 7 night Liberty. Other recent Liberty cruisers only reporting the 10 drink punch card and it's $79 plus grats.

Thx for the follow-up.

Weird I just checked on my upcoming Liberty cruise and , the select package is now being offered at the 20% off . But all other packages have completely disappeared, .... Kind of a shame would have totally jumped on a premium or select package ... Not sure if I could handle just beer for a week

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It isn't a tax but gratuities. But you will pay a VAT tax on this and everything you buy.

Not necessarily correct. EU VAT rules are a complicated subject but simplistically most of those Vision cruises visit a non-EU port (Turkey, Montenegro, etc.) as part of their itineraries which can exempt them from VAT to a large extent. Purchases whilst in an EU port would normally be subject to VAT regulations for that country but often on-board shops etc. will be closed whilst in port to avoid this.

Itineraries that stay permanently within EU waters (e.g. Harmony doing the loop between Barcelona and Civitavecchia) will be subject to VAT throughout.

Weird I just checked on my upcoming Liberty cruise and , the select package is now being offered at the 20% off . But all other packages have completely disappeared, .... Kind of a shame would have totally jumped on a premium or select package ... Not sure if I could handle just beer for a week

You can get the package with a discount now and upgrade once onboard. You would pay $11.80 per day to upgrade from Select to Premium, so you would still end uo with a discount.

You can get the package with a discount now and upgrade once onboard. You would pay $11.80 per day to upgrade from Select to Premium, so you would still end uo with a discount.

Woohoo you just made my day

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app