What's your take on Concierge Anoop on Haven

There was no priority boarding for suite guests--it was a cluster *.

Gave me incorrect show info.

Only saw him the first and last day.

Pretty much everything had to have been booked way before sailing, so most isssues were not a big deal, but IMHO there was very little management of the haven area going on, compared to my previous sailings.

Didn't look up from his computer screen when the guests were leaving on the last day.

I would rate him poor, though others have had superstar service. This was the first sailing of reduced port times and who knows what else, so I would guess that there was a lot of things going on behind the scenes. It was the most unhappy crew I have ever sailed with and I have been sailing with NCL since 1998.

Flying to Bermuda this year:)

I was extremely impressed. The guy seemed to be everywhere, had an incredible memory, efficient and got things done immediately. I don't think he's the type to sit and chit chat all day but would check on us most meals, regardless of where we were dining, and if we had any needs they would just be taken care of. I swear it got to the point where if I thought I had a question he would show up. This was a couple years ago on the Pearl. The Haven is smaller so perhaps the concierge has more time to devote. I've not been on a mega ship Haven.

Anoop is a very good concierge. He took care of all of our needs on the Epic in 2013. We were running late for an excursion and he took us down the freight elevator. He allowed us to use the ship phone at sea to call a dentist on St Maarten. Good guy.

He is not a bubbly over the top concierge. He may not go out of his way and trip over himself to provide services but he will take good care of you. He is not going to fawn all over you if that is what you want or need. He may not have a bubbly personality but does a great job.

I thought Anoop was leaving or left NCL. I thought someone wrote that about a year ago. I guess that was incorrect.

Anoop is a very good concierge. He took care of all of our needs on the Epic in 2013. We were running late for an excursion and he took us down the freight elevator. He allowed us to use the ship phone at sea to call a dentist on St Maarten. Good guy.

He is not a bubbly over the top concierge. He may not go out of his way and trip over himself to provide services but he will take good care of you. He is not going to fawn all over you if that is what you want or need. He may not have a bubbly personality but does a great job.

I thought Anoop was leaving or left NCL. I thought someone wrote that about a year ago. I guess that was incorrect.

That's it!. I'm trying to gauge his personality and you nailed it. He's not bubbly, poor P.R. but he gets the job done. The room steward and butler were friendlier...which reflected on the tips.

Thanks!.

I bumped into Anoop on my last Breakaway cruise. It was my first non-suite cruise in a while. I had Anoop as a concierge on a previous cruise. I do not recall much about the service on that cruise, but on this last cruise I was sitting in a bar having a cocktail and Anoop approached me because he recognized me, introduced himself and shook my hand. He was friendly and personable, gave me his card and told me to call him if I needed anything. I was impressed that he remembered me and even though I was not in a suite, he still offered his services.

I think a lot may depend on your history with concierges. We sailed Haven for the first time out of NYC late February, and he accomplished every task I asked ... There just wasn't much I needed.

I didn't particularly feel "known" - no one checked on us at dinners - but I really don't need more.

Anoop was our Concierge on the Pearl in 12 - we were in an SF suite - but every time we saw him in the passageways (and it seemed like he was everywhere) he always called us by name and was always asking how we were doing and if there was anything he could do for us.

He met us on our wedding anniversary dinner and gave us a cake - yes our real anniversary was on the cruise.

He was always around Cagney's in the morning.

We did not ask that much of him, but he was always willing to help.

We first met Anoop when he was our butler (SF suite) quite a few years ago....and have sailed wth him since as our concierge. He is professional, funny, on top of things and a delight. He always knew where we were eating and made it a point to stop and say hi. Would love to sail with him again.....if only he would sail Pearl, Jewel or Dawn again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We liked him very much. He was professional and personable ...he wasn't a perky , "oh i really wanna be the cruise director " kind of man, but extremely pleasant.

He did interact with my teens when they would hang out in the lounge playing cards and helped us switch reservations several times.

We are low key so it was a great fit .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anoop was one of the best things About our cruise on the Pearl in 2012. We keep vaguely hoping he will transfer to the Escape before our cruise this year. I can't say I was ever aware of not being bubbly enough, but I guess I have always judged friendliness far more by what you do than how you speak. He worked his tail off to improve our vacation and remembered everything relevant and took initiative. Even things that were not something we expected to happen he made happen. Only thing I could say is that almost every time he would say ”I'll try" instead of "I will", but then he always came through. I'm fine with someone not promising something until they know they can deliver. Better than the opposite.

Now that I'm thinking about it I think being bubbly sounds kinda unprofessional or disingenuous. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I have always liked Anoop, he is pleasant & efficient, he will always seek us out to check on us, we do not spend much time in the Haven complex so he will track me down at dinner to see if we need or want anything, I never do as I have a great relationship with Rogin & Nelson (butlers) and will ask them for whatever I need.

We had Anoop on our Breakaway cruise in October 2014. I was impressed as he handled an issue I had with the photography staff. He went out of his way to resolve the situation beyond my expectations. He told me that I was on vacation and I should not worry about a thing.

Anoop was our concierge last week on Breakaway. I thought he was fine and took care of the few things we needed. We actually worked more with the assistant concierge, whose name I can't remember. We too are low key and just don't require much from the concierge. But they came through each time we needed reservations changed or added.

We had him on the Dawn from NYC years ago, i believe he left NCL for a period of time and came back.

He was more than adequate, actually i thought he was a great concierge, would like to have him again

We had him on the Dawn from NYC years ago, i believe he left NCL for a period of time and came back.

He was more than adequate, actually i thought he was a great concierge, would like to have him again

The only time Anoop has left NCL was for scheduled vacations.

We have known Anoop for about 12 years since we met him as our butler aboard the Norwegian Crown. Anoop, Adrian Bica, and John D'Souza are amongst the best at what they do.

The only time Anoop has left NCL was for scheduled vacations.

We have known Anoop for about 12 years since we met him as our butler aboard the Norwegian Crown. Anoop, Adrian Bica, and John D'Souza are amongst the best at what they do.

Hi beaver,

I could not have written your comments any better. Agree 100%

We would pick a cruise simply based on wether Anoop of Johny was on board.

Cheers mark

He was fantastic!! My first NCL cruise and Haven experience. I pre booked nothing. Everyday he took great care of us getting us into all restaurants and shows. Stopped by when we were having dinner outside the Haven often just to check on us.

He did his job and did it well with a smile.

• 4 months later...

Anoop...ANOOP! Fantastic concierge.

I sailed on Getaway in the Haven during her inaugural season (May 2014). Anoop MADE the cruise. I could go on and on about how he took care of every little thing I could have possibly wanted, but one story says it all.

During our port call in St. Maarten, I rented a Jeep. On returning to the ship, I realised that I left a cell phone battery charger on the floor of the vehicle. On reporting it to Anoop, without hesitation he made a ship-to-shore call to the rental agency. Later that day he informed me that the item had been recovered and that he would retrieve it during the next week's stop. Not only did he retrieve it, but once he returned to Miami, he arranged for it to be sent overnight to me.

I wouldn't sail NCL again without being in the Haven simply because of Anoop. LOVE THE GUY!!!

If this is the same Anoop who was on the Pearl in March 2013, he was fabulous. We got married on that cruise and had an SF suite. He showed up everywhere we had reservations, took care of some Niro problems for us, made sure we were scheduled for our wedding dinner at Le Bistro, helped us reserve the chapel, took care of canceling some shore excursions and getting us refunds, and more. He made the cruise a wedding cruse to remember.

We heard he is on the Breakaway. I'm hoping he will be our concierge on the August 28 cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk