Reserved Deck Chairs for suite guests?

Hi, this winter my wife and I sailed on Independence of the seas and are thinking about going again this year. We noticed that there were reserved deck chairs at the main pool every day for suite guests. I would be willing to step up and pay for a suite just for this perk but are they included in a junior suite? I can't seem to find much information. Other than the reserved deck chairs I don't have much interested in the other perks that come with a suite. I just don't feel like getting up to the deck at 8 to get a decent seat.

Thanks for any information.

Hi, this winter my wife and I sailed on Independence of the seas and are thinking about going again this year. We noticed that there were reserved deck chairs at the main pool every day for suite guests. I would be willing to step up and pay for a suite just for this perk but are they included in a junior suite? I can't seem to find much information. Other than the reserved deck chairs I don't have much interested in the other perks that come with a suite. I just don't feel like getting up to the deck at 8 to get a decent seat.

The reserved chairs are for Gold Card holders, so it´s full suites only. With a Junior Suite you get a silver Card.

The reserved pool seating was my husband's #1 loved perk of being in a Grand Suite on the Independence! Never wandering around looking for a seat & close to the bar ;) But you don't get it with a Junior Suite :(

We are in a GS on the liberty of the seas, do they have an area by the pool also?

Thank you, Janet Rae

We were on Indy last year and the only spots I recall seeing reserved were the tiered seats others have been referencing. Everything right around the pool (both main and in the Solarium) was first come first serve, which essentially meant up at 5am or get lucky. My wife and I always found chairs, just were rarely poolside.

We are in a GS on the liberty of the seas, do they have an area by the pool also?

Thank you, Janet Rae

if you mean poolside then no. like other ships, LIBs is above the pool in two small sections with 3 or 4 rows of about 5-6 loungers in each row. it sort of splits the different between being pool side and the next deck higher. speaking of which, the next deck higher is perfect for sun worshippers who do not need to be poolside watching Sally and Junior splashing about.

If you are in a suite that gives you a gold card, but are wearing the bands instead, how do they know that you are in a suite? I am going on the Anthem and have a grand suite and planned on just wearing the band and leaving my card in the room.

Thanks for the help.

We were in a GS last year on Explorer so had the reserved seating, however there was one family who at least had one suite that got up every morning at 7am and put towels, books, shoes etc on the 3 or 4 rows on one side so taking up the whole section which only left the other side available for all other gold card holders, it was consequently a nightmare trying to get a sun lounger. Also that one family who had saved all those loungers never even showed up till after lunchtime and there was about 16 of them - don't even know if they were all in suites.

Reserved seats on Liberty are often referred to as the bleacher seats. If like Navigator, they are located to the left and right of the stairs between Sky and Pool bar.

Anyone know if it's the same for Adventure?

Not sure which ship this is, but location will be similar to the gold loungers...

PoolBarandSkyBar.jpg

We've been on all three Freedom Class ships and I never understood why Freedom of the Seas was the only ship of the three that had the reserved seating above the Sky Bar. It's far from a prime location.

Reserved seats on Liberty are often referred to as the bleacher seats. If like Navigator, they are located to the left and right of the stairs between Sky and Pool bar.

Anyone know if it's the same for Adventure?

Not sure which ship this is, but location will be similar to the gold loungers...

Same for Adventure.

Thank you, Janet Rae

Last time we sailed Liberty .O.S. was April 2015 and the reserved deck chairs for gold card holders was the sundeck area above the sky bar. Very Very windy up there. Not a very nice location.

Last time we sailed Liberty .O.S. was April 2015 and the reserved deck chairs for gold card holders was the sundeck area above the sky bar. Very Very windy up there. Not a very nice location.

Same for us a year ago on Liberty. Never saw more than a couple of people up there.

Same for us a year ago on Liberty. Never saw more than a couple of people up there.

So the suite guest pool seating on Liberty is not the gold loungers in my above pic? I hope it's not on top of the Sky bar.

Also thank u for info on Adventure?

So the suite guest pool seating on Liberty is not the gold loungers in my above pic? I hope it's not on top of the Sky bar.

Also thank u for info on Adventure?

That was our experience last year on Liberty. Top of the Sky Bar for gold cards.

Regarding the suite reserved seating on the Freedom Class, on our November 2014 cruise we were renting OS 1340 for a week. At the suite guest and officers cocktail hour, I asked one of the officers why the reserve seating was above the Sky Bar. With a smile on his face the answer was, "Because we can." I smiled back and said, "Thank You."

Pretty much sums up Royal's recent attitude lately towards guests.

However, I still cruise with them in suites, but I no longer expect to be "WOWED." With that attitude I have not been disappointed with my cruises anymore, but I no longer only cruise Royal!

That was our experience last year on Liberty. Top of the Sky Bar for gold cards.

Ugh...they were between pool & sky bar on Navigator. Wife was looking forward to using them in Nov. if chairs close to pool were all taken. I agree it's too windy on top of sky bar.

If you are in a suite that gives you a gold card, but are wearing the bands instead, how do they know that you are in a suite? I am going on the Anthem and have a grand suite and planned on just wearing the band and leaving my card in the room.

Thanks for the help.

When we were on the Anthem back in September and in a GS you enter the suite deck area through deck 15 by tapping your seapass / band on the door which will then open and you walk up to deck 16. Lovely area and you are provided with cold drinks / fruit and the bar tenders will visit that area aswell.

Hope that helps.

Steven