25th Milestone Cruise

kkaren

I read on Carnival's FAQ page that I will receive a special Milestone Sail & Sign card. "We want to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable."

I would be interested to hear from previous Milestone cruisers what Carnival did to make this experience extra special and memorable.

I read on Carnival's FAQ page that I will receive a special Milestone Sail & Sign card. "We want to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable."

I would be interested to hear from previous Milestone cruisers what Carnival did to make this experience extra special and memorable.

I had my milestone 25th Carnival cruise on the 1st leg of a Glory Journeys B2B this Jan & Feb They gave me a white card with the number 25 in the lower right corner.

For the 2nd leg, I was upgraded from an inside cabin on deck 7 to a balcony cabin on deck 6. When I picked up my new room key at guest services, I asked if there was a reason why I was chosen for the upgrade (esp. since I was solo), but Guest Services didn't have an answer.

I am still waiting for the letter from Carnival recognizing this achievement, and explaining how the 25% OBC works on a future cruise. I'm planning to use it on the Vista this November. Carnival told me I would receive it in March.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by evandbob

I am still waiting for the letter from Carnival recognizing this achievement, and explaining how the 25% OBC works on a future cruise. I'm planning to use it on the Vista this November. .

Book a room at the best available rate. Then call Guest Services and give them your old booking number. They will see there's a 25% credit, and fill out a form to apply it to your new booking. The form will go to Guest Administration where it is usually processed in 3-5 business days.

You might never get a letter. I got a letter, Mom was emailed an odd looking invoice, Sis received nothing.

Look for the Milestone Desk phone number. And call a few weeks before your cruise. The OBC will appear on your about two days before your cruise. The OBC is based on your cruise fare, not including taxes etc.

You can hold off using it. We used it on our 28th cruise- to Hawaii. Got lots of OBC for that cruise-Milestone, Shareholders, Book Onboard and those mysterious port refunds.

Edited by SadieN

If you are not Diamond already, you will get a white card with 25 Milestone printed on the lower right hand corner.

We were already Diamond when we had our 25th cruise so no change for us other than the 25 Milestone printed on it. Even though our card was different, no one ever acknowledged our milestone.

You may get a letter in the mail to notify you that you will get 25% OBC based on your cruise fare for the cruise you choose to use it on. Some have reported not getting it but we did.

Got the white card and the letter came later. Called and cashed it in for the next cruise.

We didn't get anything else beyond any other cruise, nor were we expecting anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did #24 last cruise but am not using my OBC on the Vista inaugural since I'm sharing a cabin with 3 others (to keep costs down since the whole thing's so expensive).

There have been several threads here and I'd read different comments about some getting a letter, some not, so I emailed my PVP and asked him. He said just to let him know when I wanted to use the OBC (yes, I'm hoping for something special like a Panama Canal) but haven't found anything yet. Since I'll probably be solo, I can't bankrupt myself just to get an OBC!

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I got the strange fax (via email) that said nothing, really, then a separate e-doc attachment (that I actually opened because I suspected it was this "invoice") that shows nothing much.

Sure would be nice if I got some sort of recognition on Vista, but there are going to be tons of Diamonds and Platinums, and probably Milestones (and the cruise has been sold out for a while). I don't ever seem to get any of the common perks that others seem to get. Oh well. I'm probably moving on once I get my 25% OBC.

FTR, you don't have to have sailed #25 to get the credit.

You can use it ON #25. I'm just not doing that for reasons already stated. But #25 (and #50, #75 etc) are The Milestone cruises. You have the option of using it on the Milestone sailing or applying your credit to a later cruise.

So if you've been on #24 already, just contact your PVP or whomever if you want to use it on #25 and haven't received anything from them yet.

I first got a strange email and invoice from Carnival that made no sense then I got the letter.

You need to edit your profile and take that handful of cruises off. Nobody cares you have cruised a few times and it's annoying trying to read messages to have to scroll through that nonsense. I have turned off that option but many others have to suffer. If you need help just message me and I can walk you through how to edit your profile. I have ran message boards for years. It's very easy to do. Happy Easter!

You need to edit your profile and take that handful of cruises off. Nobody cares you have cruised a few times and it's annoying trying to read messages to have to scroll through that nonsense. I have turned off that option but many others have to suffer. If you need help just message me and I can walk you through how to edit your profile. I have ran message boards for years. It's very easy to do. Happy Easter!

Troll.

My hubby just recieved his Milestone letter. He sailed on his 24th cruise last October so it took about 5 months to get the letter. States he does not have to take the Milestone award on the 25th cruise but that it expires 18 months from the date of the letter. The credit is the milestone % of your cruise ticket price back in nonrefundable onboard credit. Hope this helps those with Milestone questions.

If DW and I get to 25 at the same time can we use it on the same cruise for 50% OBC or do we have to use it in 2 different cruises.

Also is this OBC non refundable?

If you think you can use all the OBC, you can. She will get 25% of her fare and you will get 25% of your fare.

Just make sure you apply for it on the most expensive cruise you gave booked.

My hubby just recieved his Milestone letter. He sailed on his 24th cruise last October so it took about 5 months to get the letter. States he does not have to take the Milestone award on the 25th cruise but that it expires 18 months from the date of the letter. The credit is the milestone % of your cruise ticket price back in nonrefundable onboard credit. Hope this helps those with Milestone questions.

Even though it states on the letter that it expires in 18 months, I have had it confirmed by the Milestone department that they will honour it after the 18 months.

I applied for mine for an upcoming cruise. Our next cruise after this one is 19months after the date on the letter so I wanted to make sure if we held onto DH's, he would be able to use it after 18 months. I was told most definitely as we have earned this and it is an one time only perk.

We will probably wait to use his on a cruise 22 months after the date on the letter as that is the most expensive cruise we have booked.

I have read that you can use it from cruise 25-49. However, I wanted to make sure it was true and not just hearsay.

As noted, I received the funky emailed invoice but still haven't received a letter.

I last sailed on 11/28. One would think that Carnival would see that I have #25 booked and would attempt to get the letter out before I actually sail on #25.

You know. Just in case there are folks out there who sail often but aren't on Cruise Critic and have simply never heard of this. Of course, that may be intentional on Carnival's part.

As noted, I received the funky emailed invoice but still haven't received a letter.

I last sailed on 11/28. One would think that Carnival would see that I have #25 booked and would attempt to get the letter out before I actually sail on #25.

You know. Just in case there are folks out there who sail often but aren't on Cruise Critic and have simply never heard of this. Of course, that may be intentional on Carnival's part.

My 24th was the end of January and I received mine about a week ago. Will probably use it on my Vista Med cruise.

Pat

I booked a balcony guarantee for my 25th cruise. Just received my cabin assignment. Its an obstructed view balcony. Well that's a disappointing start.