Still confused regarding Bistro on Five--

Jetswdo

I understand that on the Reflection, the ship changed from the Bistro to a sushi place-- is that only at night? Is the old Bistro still available during lunch?

Also, is this change to sushi in the first place just on the Reflection?

Unfortunataly, I hate sushi, but loved the Bistro and ate there a few times when I was on the Reflection and the Summit?

I understand that on the Reflection, the ship changed from the Bistro to a sushi place-- is that only at night? Is the old Bistro still available during lunch?

Unfortunataly, I hate sushi, but loved the Bistro and ate there a few times when I was on the Reflection and the Summit?

The Bistro on 5 had been pretty much empty on our cruise on Reflection. Then it closed and opened as a sushi place. What was interesting was that the staff were making crepes and offering samples early in the cruise. Then, it closed later in the same week becoming a sushi place. Sorry, no more Bistro on Reflection.

i am a sushi lover and sashimi too, but can totally wait until 5pm and get it free. hope the new restaurant fails otherwise I see the free sushi which is OK going away.

We did not see any free sushi on our recent Reflection cruise. We had enjoyed it in the past around 5pm on the Summit.

1. NO, it is full time.

2. NO. Bistro is gone lunch and otherwise.

3. So far Reflection only, stay tuned.

And the "free" sushi on the buffet, (which is really NOT free) is no more either.

The buffet sushi would undermine the new "sushi on five"

I was on the March 5th cruise on Reflection. The called Sushi on 5 a pop up restaurant. Time will tell what happens to the whole fleet. I didn't ate at Sushi on 5, but the menu look real nice. We ate at The Porch instead.

Bistro on Five has become our embarkation day lunch spot. It was easily worth the price to have lunch there and avoid the massive crowds in the buffet. We love meeting members of our roll call for lunch right after boarding. Unfortunately, if they switch to sushi, we are done with that. Even though I love it, my bride can't eat it. Seafood allergies. I know some sushi is vegetarian but not enough for her.

I am encouraged by the talk of it being a "pop-up" restaurant because that means they may change it again. We don't sail until August (and then on Silhoutte) so hopefully Bistro will still be there for lunch then.

We just got off the Eclipse 2 weeks ago and the Bistro was empty the whole week. At $10pp, people just are not interested. We ate lunch there once and thought it was very ordinary.

Our last cruise it had at least a few people in it most of the time at lunch (a lot of crew ate there) but embarkation it was packed as people are learning about skipping the buffet which is usually slammed. I like the food and they give you a TON of it.

Our last cruise it had at least a few people in it most of the time at lunch (a lot of crew ate there) but embarkation it was packed as people are learning about skipping the buffet which is usually slammed. I like the food and they give you a TON of it.

I know, right? I always saw at least a few people too. I wonder about people who say it's always empty. At times it was almost full. Well worth the $10 upcharge and especially love it on relaxing days at sea..... Yummy crepes, delicious soups, and Mike loves the entrees too.

Was on the Silhouette first week in March. The Bistro on 5 was available - we ate there on embarcation day. However - it took over half an hour for any food to come after we ordered, and the service continued to be very slow. Only a few tables were occupied. The menu was greatly reduced from the menu we had on the Summit in September.

So far, just on Reflection

I just got an offer for my June 7th sailing on Silhouette that mentioned Sushi on Five, so it must be coming to Silhouette soon.

To be honest, if it's decently priced, I would love some nicer sushi than the free buffet sushi, but only if it's decently priced and I have OBC.