Breeze

djhsolara

Going on the Breeze in just over a month. We've been on Freedom, Pride (pre and post reno) and Splendor and have enjoyed things from all of these ships/cruises.

Is there anything special on Breeze that you'd consider things not to miss? We're in a Spa Suite, so we're aware of the basic spa amenities.

What is anyone's experience on this ship?

We're very much looking forward to this cruise for my Mom's 80th Birthday.

My favorite was the Tandoor Grill, awesome! Loved the deck above the main pool, nice comfy chairs and relaxing in the shade. Loved deck 5, when all other decks were crowded it was a nice place to go and relax. It has large hot tubs that over hang the side of the ship.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I second the Tandoor grill. The ropes course. Always something going on in Ocean Plaza (Deck 5, Mid) The promenade around Deck 5, and 4 hot tubs on that level. The Breeze is easily my favorite Carnival ship...

The Breeze is a wonderful ship! Sailed her three times and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here are a few things to try.

Cucina de Capitano - Wonderful for dinner $15. Free pasta station at lunch.

Thrill Theater - Fun short movies. Try to get an unlimited pass for $15 instead of paying $7 a show. Ride the rides is the most fun show. Feels like you're on a roller coaster.

LOVE the spa and thelassotheraphy pool.

Red Frog Pub on deck five has rocking picnic tables on the lanai. Grab a cold beer and snacks to relax out there.

I heard Sea Dogs and the BBQ is good, but I never had the chance to try it.

Enjoy the Breeze!

The Breeze is a wonderful ship! Sailed her three times and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here are a few things to try.

Cucina de Capitano - Wonderful for dinner $15. Free pasta station at lunch.

Thrill Theater - Fun short movies. Try to get an unlimited pass for $15 instead of paying $7 a show. Ride the rides is the most fun show. Feels like you're on a roller coaster.

LOVE the spa and thelassotheraphy pool.

Red Frog Pub on deck five has rocking picnic tables on the lanai. Grab a cold beer and snacks to relax out there.

I heard Sea Dogs and the BBQ is good, but I never had the chance to try it.

Enjoy the Breeze!

I forgot about Cucina del Capitano for lunch, we went every day almost. Also loved the sea dogs...best hot dog I ever ate. Loved Fat Jimmy's BBQ.

We loved the Breeze. We had a spa cabin too. It was very nice. We loved the Italian restaurant for lunch (it was free), the burritos, Guys Burgers and the poolside bars with music. The sports deck was a lot of fun, miniature golf, pool tables, the rope course. My DH loved the slides. The ocean plaza is very nice, they even have a table shuffleboard. The outside promenade is a great place to relax. We enjoyed the seaside bbq. There is a lot to do. We missed the thrill theater but it is on our list for our next cruise. I would just explore and find things you like.

I also loved the layout. After having been on the Dream, you will find them very similar but yet, the Breeze just does it better. For example, Ocean Plaza was a great space to sit and people watch for me. Or at night, listen to the bands and play trivia. The hot tubs right outside Ocean Plaza on the Lanai never seemed crowed like the ones by the main pool. Outside Liquid Night Club is also a great place to relax away from the crowds. There is nice seating out there similar to Serenity deck.

Today is our final payment day for our group and we leave in 75 days! It has gone SO fast! Let's hope it keeps going then slows down on June 5th for just the week! LOL!

I have been on many CCL ships, including the Magic. I hope this has a new feel to it, but I will enjoy it either way! Can not wait to just RELAX (something I am not good at!)

READY TO SAIL!!!!

Today is our final payment day for our group and we leave in 75 days! It has gone SO fast! Let's hope it keeps going then slows down on June 5th for just the week! LOL!

I have been on many CCL ships, including the Magic. I hope this has a new feel to it, but I will enjoy it either way! Can not wait to just RELAX (something I am not good at!)

READY TO SAIL!!!!

Going on the Magic in 29 days when she arrives in Florida. Looking forward to comparing her to the Breeze. Breeze has the Thrill theatre (which we missed) and Bonsai sushi (which we did once in 8 days) going for it.

Magic will be nicely spiffed up from dry dock and the Alchemy Bar should make a new unique experience... but watch we will only visit it once :rolleyes:

First time on nearly identical sister ships.

OK I will give you the biggest peice of advice I wish I had before cruising on the breeze.

You have to put your S&S card in the slot by the door for the lights to come on.

Yeah I know but took me damn near an hour to figure that out.

:lol:

At this point, the best piece of advice I can give you is to not set your expectations so immensely high, as this thread might have already done. When expectations go through the roof, you are likely to be disappointed, which is what happened to me with the Breeze, although it was only disappointing in a few ways. Before Breeze, I sailed Dream, hearing terrible things about it beforehand, and Dream became my very favorite ship of all, by a mile. And it still is, even after sailing Breeze. So many things were done wrong on the Breeze by comparison, but she is still a great ship.

The waterpark & ropes course are great. I enjoyed the 3D theater. Plenty of great food options by day, but be aware that many things shut down early, so later on in the evenings, it's pizza only. I also loved the free pasta bar for lunch, and people who pay for the dinner there seem to really like that as well. The lanai BBQ wasn't that great, didn't try the hot dogs, great burritos for both breakfast & lunch at the Cantina, good Girls burgers. Don't expect good theater shows. That was the main disappointment. No live music for the shows, half the performers, only 30 minutes, animation instead of props.

At this point, the best piece of advice I can give you is to not set your expectations so immensely high, as this thread might have already done. When expectations go through the roof, you are likely to be disappointed, which is what happened to me with the Breeze, although it was only disappointing in a few ways. Before Breeze, I sailed Dream, hearing terrible things about it beforehand, and Dream became my very favorite ship of all, by a mile. And it still is, even after sailing Breeze. So many things were done wrong on the Breeze by comparison, but she is still a great ship.

The waterpark & ropes course are great. I enjoyed the 3D theater. Plenty of great food options by day, but be aware that many things shut down early, so later on in the evenings, it's pizza only. I also loved the free pasta bar for lunch, and people who pay for the dinner there seem to really like that as well. The lanai BBQ wasn't that great, didn't try the hot dogs, great burritos for both breakfast & lunch at the Cantina, good Girls burgers. Don't expect good theater shows. That was the main disappointment. No live music for the shows, half the performers, only 30 minutes, animation instead of props.

Killjoy!

Entertainment is never the reason to sail Carnival. No real surprise it was the biggest disappointment.

Entertainment is never the reason to sail Carnival. No real surprise it was the biggest disappointment.

What you said is definitely true...now. It didn't used to be that way with Carnival. They used to have good entertainment that was very enjoyable. Dream still does, as does a few other ships. And the new style of entertainment is still enjoyable for some people, and they do look forward to it on their cruises.

Like I said, if we send someone's expectations through the roof, we're setting them up for disappointment, not just in regards to entertainment, but with everything. If we present a balanced report, that will be better for them & their overall experience.

Edited by k2excursion

I will be onboard in 3 more days!!! I love the Breeze and was very upset when I learned she was moving to Galveston. We wanted to go one more time before she left. I live in central Florida so I'm spoiled in being able to drive to all Florida ports - can't see me flying to Texas to see the Breeze again - but, you never know.

I do agree that if you set your sights too high you can set yourself up for disappointment, but only if you expect everything to be wonderful. Don't like the entertainment - maybe you'll love the lanai or the ropes course.

Go with an open mind - I hope that you fall in love with her like I did.

3/6/16 was our 1st cruise in 11 years. We went on the Breeze with a group of friends and had a good time. The entertainment used to be excellent, now it is just OK. We used to sprint from the MDR to the theater to get a good seat, you could stroll up at showtime and sit in the 1st couple of rows this time. We missed the dancers in their Carmen Miranda head-dresses. The main attraction is the comedy now. Small, intimate club setting that appeals to the younger crowd. Arrive early because all the seats will be saved. Standing room only will get very hot and stuffy in a hurry. Ocean Plaza area was out hang-out at night. Good live music with real instruments. They have one brass band on the whole ship and they get around. Bad Apple Horns was their name and Carnival brought them on board after so many people complained about taped music during shows. It is a good thing the pizza is very good because after 11pm there is not much offered except room service. The decor of Breeze is what makes the ship so special, very beachy. The crew members were extremely nice and polite, especially Housekeeping. The only rude people we encountered were at the airport and Port of Miami. I had to laugh when I read a sign directed at the TSA workers to be nice to the travelers. Going thru security to board the ship a young, female officer took my wife over to a table to check her purse. She instructed my wife to stand back, opened her purse, then turned around and walked away. My wife was so stunned I had to tell her to close her purse and keep moving. If you fly in to Miami use the airport check in. Even if you did not buy the tranfers you can get your Sail and Sign Card and get your boarding passes stamped. So few people do this the Carnival workers at the port are a little unsure how to handle you. Our plane touched down at 11:15 and we were walking on board the ship at 1pm. Never stood in a line.

OK I will give you the biggest peice of advice I wish I had before cruising on the breeze.

You have to put your S&S card in the slot by the door for the lights to come on.

Yeah I know but took me damn near an hour to figure that out.

:lol:

Any card will do.

3/6/16 was our 1st cruise in 11 years. We went on the breeze with a group of friends and had a good time. The entertainment used to be excellent, now it is just ok. We used to sprint from the mdr to the theater to get a good seat, you could stroll up at showtime and sit in the 1st couple of rows this time. We missed the dancers in their carmen miranda head-dresses. The main attraction is the comedy now. Small, intimate club setting that appeals to the younger crowd. Arrive early because all the seats will be saved. Standing room only will get very hot and stuffy in a hurry. Ocean plaza area was out hang-out at night. Good live music with real instruments. They have one brass band on the whole ship and they get around. Bad apple horns was their name and carnival brought them on board after so many people complained about taped music during shows. It is a good thing the pizza is very good because after 11pm there is not much offered except room service. The decor of breeze is what makes the ship so special, very beachy. The crew members were extremely nice and polite, especially housekeeping. The only rude people we encountered were at the airport and port of miami. I had to laugh when i read a sign directed at the tsa workers to be nice to the travelers. Going thru security to board the ship a young, female officer took my wife over to a table to check her purse. She instructed my wife to stand back, opened her purse, then turned around and walked away. My wife was so stunned i had to tell her to close her purse and keep moving. If you fly in to miami use the airport check in. Even if you did not buy the tranfers you can get your sail and sign card and get your boarding passes stamped. So few people do this the carnival workers at the port are a little unsure how to handle you. Our plane touched down at 11:15 and we were walking on board the ship at 1pm. Never stood in a line.

lol.

The Breeze is a great ship and you will have a great time. Check out my review in my signature below for lots of pictures and information.

Having said that, the Breeze is not our favorite ship. We love the Pride, or any of the Spirit Class ships much better, but would not hesitate to sail on the Breeze or her sisters again. In fact we are booked on the Magic next year.