Anniversary Sale !

DaveOKC

Can anyone comment if the prices went up in order to provide the 'free' amenities?

It sounds good on the surface but I haven't priced many cruises lately so can't tell if the prices last week were lower than now with this offer.

Dave, Thank you so much for sharing notice of this offer with us.

Edited by sail7seas

Our January 2017 Caribbean cruise isn't listed, but even if it was, it has gone up over $600/pp anyway. :eek:

I concur, pricing has gone waaaaay up. For my cruise on the Koningsdam in Feb '17, by $1400 for the two of us!

I suspected that could be the case. :(

Thanks Dave!!

For a $200 fare increase for our Panama Canal, Nov 20, got $500 OBC, $250 savings with no HSC, and $100 Beverage Card, it was a good trade-off.

That is a good deal.

Perhaps you had a higher price to begin with?

Can anyone comment if the prices went up in order to provide the 'free' amenities?

It sounds good on the surface but I haven't priced many cruises lately so can't tell if the prices last week were lower than now with this offer.

My price came down over $1100 for the cabin! Plus I get free gratuities and the beverage card. And got to keep OBC I had (but I think I should have kept that since it's the ZN or ZM or whatever it is).

I looked at this too for my cruise although the fares have gone up as well. The free gratuities is good, I didn't realise they have gone up to $12.50.

The terms & conditions say "Free US$100 Beverage Card: Card may be used to purchase beverages or other eligible items at payment terminals aboard the ship. Participants may order non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the card if misused and refuse service for any reason, including service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Beverage cards expire at the end of the cruise, are not transferable or refundable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and are not replaceable if lost or stolen. Beverage cards exclude purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay.".

I wonder if they would be really strict about these rules on board - technically you can't use the card in happy hour since you have to order the 2 drinks at the same time. And I couldn't use it to order a bottle of whisky for the cabin either ?

I looked at this too for my cruise although the fares have gone up as well. The free gratuities is good, I didn't realise they have gone up to $12.50.

The terms & conditions say "Free US$100 Beverage Card: Card may be used to purchase beverages or other eligible items at payment terminals aboard the ship. Participants may order non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the card if misused and refuse service for any reason, including service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Beverage cards expire at the end of the cruise, are not transferable or refundable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and are not replaceable if lost or stolen. Beverage cards exclude purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay.".

I wonder if they would be really strict about these rules on board - technically you can't use the card in happy hour since you have to order the 2 drinks at the same time. And I couldn't use it to order a bottle of whisky for the cabin either ?

Sounds like this statement confuses different kinds of beverage cards. This $100 one is good for $100 in credit, so I do not see why you cannot get more than one beverage at a time or use them at happy hour.

Of course, using either type of card would not work at Half Moon Cay, the mini-bar, or in room dining since HAL is not set up to charge you at time of service for these.

On my two upcoming cruises, both are on the Anniversary Sale. One had a price increase (do not know exact amount) but the other was unchanged.

We were getting ready to book 2017 Panama Cruise. Price increased $600 from pricing last week but we get $1113.00 of promo's plus 100 minutes each of Internet. Booked using this promo as it is over $500.00 net to us. First time this has worked in our favor. Our 2 existing cruises were not listed for the Annv Promo. Thanks for the heads-up Dave

I am on the Maasdam August 29. Not only did my stateroom go down $200.00 per person, I got prepaid gratuities and 2 $50.00 beverage cards. The best thing is that I called yesterday because I saw my stateroom price had gone down, not even knowing about the Anniversary sale yet. The nice reservation lady told me about it! So, I just made out like a bandit. LOL. I love HAL.

Edited by dmcfad2

Thanks those who commented their prices went up, down or stayed the same. For those who have the same price or even lower, it's a wonderful deal. :) The extras being offered are good.

I just checked my in box and found I received the e-mail as well. :) I may have to 'go shopping' on the HAL site.

Thanks those who commented their prices went up, down or stayed the same. For those who have the same price or even lower, it's a wonderful deal. :) The extras being offered are good.

I just checked my in box and found I received the e-mail as well. :) I may have to 'go shopping' on the HAL site.

I haven't been able to check yet if the Anniversary Sale is for the cruises I'm considering right now but what I noticed last week ( right after View&Verandah promo ended) was the fact that prices for many of the cruises I have been monitoring went up by approx. 200-300 $ p.p. which once again would show that quite often the "free" perks are not free at all.

But obviously some have been lucky and could add the new promotion to their booking at no cost which is great to hear.

No, I don't think I've ever had your email address. If you could check the Rotterdam, in the Caribbean, on Feb 12/17, that would be great. It's a true 21 day cruise, not a B2B.

It actually is a back to back... 10 and 11 day, but it's not going back to a homeport between pieces so for me it's an ideal B2B. Great find! I love this itinerary

CruiseDetails.action%3FtourId%3D%26webItineraryIdForAudit%3DC721SW%26fromSearchVacation%3Dtrue%26destList%3D%26dateCode%3D%26flexibleMonths%3D%26noOfFlexibleMonths%3D%26portCode%3D%26shipCodeSearch%3D%26voyageCode%3DT717%26

Join us in April, 2017 on the Amsterdam for 18 days - FLL to Seattle. Prices are very reasonable IMO and you get the sale deal. More sea days than normal, but thats OK with us as we skip visiting alot of minor ports, plus we spend a day in San Francisco!

:) You are so kind to make me feel welcome and I greatly appreciate it. The only reason I probably will not is that long flight home from Seattle to Boston. Ugh....

I really like the itinerary though.

Edited by sail7seas

Have a SB (5191) on the Westerdam for an Alaskan cruise in August. Previously was under the View and Verandah promotion. Now I'm under this new Anniversary promotion. Saved $450 on the cabin fare for the 3 of us, plus now have free gratuities, the $100 beverage promotion, the free 200 minutes of internet, and was able to keep the $300 of onboard credits I already had with the previous promotion. Awesome deal!

Have a SB (5191) on the Westerdam for an Alaskan cruise in August. Previously was under the View and Verandah promotion. Now I'm under this new Anniversary promotion. Saved $450 on the cabin fare for the 3 of us, plus now have free gratuities, the $100 beverage promotion, the free 200 minutes of internet, and was able to keep the $300 of onboard credits I already had with the previous promotion. Awesome deal!

Kudos for scoring one of the two fully-covered verandahs. The verandah table takes a 70-inch round tablecloth if you are planning on dining on your verandah. 5191 and 5190 are our favorite cabins.

I lost a beverage card one time. Front desk just looked up my account and gave me a new card. Pretty easy. They know how much you spend and if you go over...it just goes on your bill.

Now on HAL website:

FREE US$100 Beverage Card*

FREE Gratuities* (Hotel Service Charges)

FREE or Reduced Fares for Friends & Kids*

(Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses are additional)

PLUS, receive 200 FREE Internet Minutes and up to US$500 FREE Onboard Spending Money for suites*

Thanks Dave,

I just got off the phone with my PPC. For our April 2017 Panama Canal cruise, (we booked a Sig. Suite back in Oct 2015) We got ALL THE FREEBIES! The fare had only gone up $100pp so it was an awesome deal! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Thanks Dave,

I just got off the phone with my PPC. For our April 2017 Panama Canal cruise, (we booked a Sig. Suite back in Oct 2015) We got ALL THE FREEBIES! The fare had only gone up $100pp so it was an awesome deal! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Glad you got it! Sure makes your day, doesn't it?