Anniversary Sale !

DaveOKC

Congratulations for all who were able to snag a good deal. It obviously is one of those things - some win, some don't!

I'm afraid I'm in the loser category : I looked up both the cruises we have already booked for 2016 and two or three we are considering. All of them have gone up in price so I'd lose more than I'd get. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles! Perhaps more luck next time - next promotion -next sale - there's always the pot on the foot of the rainbow ("price drop", "upsell fairy" ) possible!

I was happy to see a sale. However, we are booked on the Oosterdam 27 days October 22, 2016. Neptune SB. The price is now $800pp higher than when I booked 3 weeks ago. Even with the incentives, I am still better keeping my original booking. A sale is not always a sale. You really need to know what's been available previously and then do a comparison. We always book ASAP to get what we want and then make adjustments.

I was happy to see a sale. However, we are booked on the Oosterdam 27 days October 22, 2016. Neptune SB. The price is now $800pp higher than when I booked 3 weeks ago. Even with the incentives, I am still better keeping my original booking. A sale is not always a sale. You really need to know what's been available previously and then do a comparison. We always book ASAP to get what we want and then make adjustments.

Thats exactly what I like to do - book early when I see what I think is a decent price and then carefully watch for promotions along the way. Sometimes I get some great deals this way, other times just the original deal (which I was satisfied with in the first place).

It actually is a back to back... 10 and 11 day, but it's not going back to a homeport between pieces so for me it's an ideal B2B. Great find! I love this itinerary

CruiseDetails.action%3FtourId%3D%26webItineraryIdForAudit%3DC721SW%26fromSearchVacation%3Dtrue%26destList%3D%26dateCode%3D%26flexibleMonths%3D%26noOfFlexibleMonths%3D%26portCode%3D%26shipCodeSearch%3D%26voyageCode%3DT717%26

Yes, you're right about the terminology. I booked the full 21 day cruise, not realizing it was also offered in segments until later. I booked it the day it came out! We already have a roll call going so if you book, come and join us.

Funny enough, a cruise I have had my eye on - the 30 day Japan, S. Korea and transpacific crossing - is priced now $500 LESS per person on this anniversary sale. Add to that paid gratuities for two - that is $700 in savings on top of the price reduction! The $100 beverage card is just a little more icing on the cake.

Carol

Now on HAL website:

FREE US$100 Beverage Card*

FREE Gratuities* (Hotel Service Charges)

FREE or Reduced Fares for Friends & Kids*

(Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses are additional)

PLUS, receive 200 FREE Internet Minutes and up to US$500 FREE Onboard Spending Money for suites*

I just checked on our Sept. cruise to Alaska and it too qualifies for the freebies! As a bonus, the fare had actually GONE DOWN $20 pp. We "only" got $300 OBC because of the length of cruise (7 days). BUT, we kept our original $100 OBC for a total of $400. Not bad. Once again, Good Job Dave! :D

I wonder how long the sale will go on. I really would like to see if our PCC comes up with something for us herself, but I am tempted to call her today just to see if we can get some benefit from it. Our TA (back-to-back with the longer Collector's cruise) also has the promo, and the price may be just about the same as it was when we booked. We've already taken advantage of one promo to move to a veranda, (for the TA); I hate to bother her if nothing is going to come of it.

Edited by Vict0riann

I wonder how long the sale will go on. I really would like to see if our PCC comes up with something for us herself, but I am tempted to call her today just to see if we can get some benefit from it. Our TA (back-to-back with the longer Collector's cruise) also has the promo, and the price may be just about the same as it was when we booked. We've already taken advantage of one promo to move to a veranda, (for the TA); I hate to bother her if nothing is going to come of it.

I kinda felt the same way but DW said "We're paying good money for this, give it a try" So I called our PCC. I would suggest you do the same. I'm not sure he would have called me first. JMO.

I kinda felt the same way but DW said "We're paying good money for this, give it a try" So I called our PCC. I would suggest you do the same. I'm not sure he would have called me first. JMO.

Thanks. You've persuaded me.:) I'll call her when the office opens.

Well, our PCC just called back, said she is monitoring the cruises for us, and there would be no benefit for us on this sale - we did take advantage of a previous one, and final payment isn't until July, so maybe something will come up. We shall see!

Thanks OP for the heads up on the sale. We were able to rebook our 48 day South Pacific cruise. Our cruise fare increased $600 for the cabin but with the free gratuities and beverage card, we came out $700 ahead. :D

Cheers, Denise

I would never wait on my PCC or TA to find the deal for me, I always call them if I see something interesting. They just have too many people to cover every sale deal that comes along.

I would never wait on my PCC or TA to find the deal for me, I always call them if I see something interesting. They just have too many people to cover every sale deal that comes along.

You're right!:) I don't mind bugging her, although she said she is on the lookout for anything good. I don't really think we are at the top of her agenda! I used to have to call our travel agent, when we had one, and that was one of the reasons we changed to using a PCC, but I still think we are better at looking out for ourselves. "Dam"med if you do and "dam"med if you don't!:D

Amen. It's folks like you that keep me on the ball. I'm grateful.

Cheers, Denise

I'm the same way. When I used a ta I never expected them to do it for me. I take that responsibility for myself as its not difficult.

Now on HAL website:

FREE US$100 Beverage Card*

FREE Gratuities* (Hotel Service Charges)

FREE or Reduced Fares for Friends & Kids*

(Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses are additional)

PLUS, receive 200 FREE Internet Minutes and up to US$500 FREE Onboard Spending Money for suites*

David - You are a Cruise God to be revered by all!

On a whim, I checked the HAL CC board late last night and saw your post and immediately e-mailed our TA.

Our Nov 2016 W/E Caribbean back-to-back on the Nieuw Amsterdam had gone up by $600 dollars and the perks for our VF cabin were only $450 - so no luck there.

BUT - Our April 2017 Eurodam re-positioning Panama Canal cruise (FLL to Seattle) had gone down by $600 and the VF perks were $625!!

If we ever sail together, I am buying you some drinks (with the free beverage card of course!). I let our traveling companions (getting off in San Diego) about the sale and they got a similar deal through HAL directly.

Another "hopeful" here! We're booked on the Dec. 31st Eurodam Tropical Caribbean 7 day. It wasn't eligible for the View and Verandah Sale when we booked, but now looks like we are eligible for the Anniversary Sale. The prices I see are a little higher than when we booked. I've emailed our TA, and anxiously await her reply! I'll keep you posted.

Cindy

I phoned HAL regarding my two SA bookings. Got the fare reduced by AUD$640 on one and a small increase on the other (VA to BA) Each booking got the USD$100 drink voucher and USD$562- in total gratuities paid . Overall about $1600 AUD in savings. Thanks for bringing my attention to this sale. Worth the call to HAL

David - You are a Cruise God to be revered by all!

On a whim, I checked the HAL CC board late last night and saw your post and immediately e-mailed our TA.

Our Nov 2016 W/E Caribbean back-to-back on the Nieuw Amsterdam had gone up by $600 dollars and the perks for our VF cabin were only $450 - so no luck there.

BUT - Our April 2017 Eurodam re-positioning Panama Canal cruise (FLL to Seattle) had gone down by $600 and the VF perks were $625!!

If we ever sail together, I am buying you some drinks (with the free beverage card of course!). I let our traveling companions (getting off in San Diego) about the sale and they got a similar deal through HAL directly.

Thanks for the nice compliments! I hope we do sail together one day and can enjoy a drink together.

Edited by DaveOKC

I had booked onboard last week. My TA was able to get all the Anniversary amenities added, the cruise fare remained the same. Our only change - we had $400 OBC as we had booked a suite on board the ship, that was reduced to a $200 OBC. However, we were given from HAL as a result of the sale: an additional $400 OBC, 2 $50 beverage cards, complimentary gratuities, and 200 complimentary internet minutes. My TA's company added $50 OBC and a Navigator wine package.

I can live with this, I figure the added amenities are worth about $650.