Classic Drink Package on Celebrity summit

Patty Kott

I too when I cruised in February on Constellation was concerned about the Classic and Premium drink packages.

We upgraded my wife to premium she likes martinis and I stayed with classic, yes it's true you can get a smaller martini with classic. If you get the classic beverage pkg included the 18 % gratuity is included. Otherwise you upgrade to premium and its $11.80 a day including gratuity. Peanuts when you look at total cost of cruise and ease of ordering cocktails with no worrys.

The bartenders are very intelligent and incredibly professional. Once they know your drink package and what you drink they seem to remember it. You just tell them you have the classic drink package and can I get a whiskey 7 under this package.

I don't know how much of a high end booze you drink but rail whiskey was crown royal and vodka was absolute at least on this ship.

There was never an issue of watered down drinks or not being waited on. They were all outstanding bartenders and made best ever cocktails. One quick story my wife told the bartender in the martini bar she was allergic to strawberrys after he offered to make her a strawberry martini. He remembered that every single night of the cruise.

You can upgrade at any time after boarding ship. I'd just check it out for a day or so.. BUt.. One tip is tip the bartenders extra. They bust their tails to put on a show and get paid little. A $10 or $20 tip and you will have a bartender friend for the cruise... Trust me!!!

I have another 'upgrade' tip. Our sommelier was very snooty but our barista was as sweet as she could be.

Guess who I upgraded with?? When they upgrade you they do get some sort of kickback/credit.

I think you can upgrade up until the last 2 or so days, after that, too late.

Is there any drink package that is worth it if the person doesn't drink alcohol?

FYI, O'Doul's is included in the Classic tier. Last time I ran into a few service issues (not all bars stock a large quantity of it) but by the 3rd day our regular bartenders knew me and made sure they had enough on hand.

Thank you Thank you!! You are the first person to answer this one, I cant even get an answer when I call Celebrity and I have emailed them twice and they don't reply:(

Apparently this has changed so I'll be upgrading to the Premium package.

The bartenders are very intelligent and incredibly professional. Once they know your drink package and what you drink they seem to remember it. You just tell them you have the classic drink package and can I get a whiskey 7 under this package.

Yes ! This is my best tip , tell the server which package you have and what you want .

They will do their best to accommodate you .

So it's not required for the upgrade to include the whole week? Hmmm......maybe by Day 3 when DH is tired of the classic beer selections he can upgrade. That might work!

Have a great weekend,

Maureen

I might have to upgrade for this very reason . Since our previous Celebrity cruises the beer selection included within the classic package has been greatly reduced . :mad: As an example , one of my favorites Leffe is no longer included . :(

My recommendation is to wait till you are on board. You will then see what's available and be able to make an easy decision to upgrade or not. Another advantage would be using your OBC, if you have any, to pay for the upgrade. :)

The Classic is fine, but if you like a Big Martini or Better Wines upgrade when you get on board and use your non-refundable OBC!

The Martini Bar is often very busy and they will direct you to another bar if you ask for something that is covered on the classic package. YMMV but that should be the general rule of thumb. You should never expect that they'll serve you anything unless you're willing to pay or you have the premium package.

This is not true. They will make you a drink if it falls in the classic that is "not" a martini. You will only pay if you order a martini or anything under premium. Beers, champagne, wine, rum n coke, etc will be happily served to you. Only place that can't make anything under classic is the molecular /wold class bar and will direct you to another bar.

This is not true. They will make you a drink if it falls in the classic that is "not" a martini. You will only pay if you order a martini or anything under premium. Beers, champagne, wine, rum n coke, etc will be happily served to you. Only place that can't make anything under classic is the molecular /wold class bar and will direct you to another bar.

Not my experience just in February (I hung out at the Martini Bar a lot and saw people turned away during busy times). And of course I saw it at World Bar as well. That's what YMMV means. A lot of this depends on how busy they are and what ship you're on and who is working.

Not my experience just in February (I hung out at the Martini Bar a lot and saw people turned away during busy times). And of course I saw it at World Bar as well. That's what YMMV means. A lot of this depends on how busy they are and what ship you're on and who is working.

Interesting. I wonder if a couple is together at the bar and only one of them have the premium, then they just go ahead and make both drinks (classic and premium) and that is the reason i never experienced this since I am always with my husband at the M bar.

Question SPECIFICALLY about the summit (as I know the REAL answer to this tends to be ship-specific). Alcoholic coffees: Classic or premium. AGAIN, ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR RECENT EXPERIENCE ON THE SUMMIT. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Question SPECIFICALLY about the summit (as I know the REAL answer to this tends to be ship-specific). Alcoholic coffees: Classic or premium. AGAIN, ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR RECENT EXPERIENCE ON THE SUMMIT. Thank you!!

We were on the Feb 12th as well as the Feb 19th sailings and enjoyed alcohol containing coffees on the Classic package.

We were on the Feb 12th as well as the Feb 19th sailings and enjoyed alcohol containing coffees on the Classic package.

Awesome-- thanks. Seems to be different on different ships, so appreciate the info for summit.

Awesome-- thanks. Seems to be different on different ships, so appreciate the info for summit.

It used to be different when the "free packages" started been offered but it has been consistent from ship to ship for awhile now.

I would also like to ask if any recent Summit Cruisers can answer if they will serve you a Martini (smaller version) and with liquor in the classic package at the Martini Bar? I have heard yes they will and no they won't. I am fine with a smaller version of a martini but still would like to be able to get them. Just saw someone asked about coffee cocktails on the Summit so thought I would ask if anyone just experienced this on the Summit.

Thank you!

I would also like to ask if any recent Summit Cruisers can answer if they will serve you a Martini (smaller version) and with liquor in the classic package at the Martini Bar? I have heard yes they will and no they won't. I am fine with a smaller version of a martini but still would like to be able to get them. Just saw someone asked about coffee cocktails on the Summit so thought I would ask if anyone just experienced this on the Summit.

Thank you!

When the Martini Bar is busy, they will make their normal large Martini's. If

it's slow, I think you could get a normal Martini! Any of the other bars will make you a normal size Martini! Enjoy!

If husband and I both have the classic package, can he get two drinks at one time if he has both of our cards or do I need to be with him? He isn't a two-fisted drinker but just wondering if he can do a drink run without me and come back with drinks for both of us.