BIG ships

The four of us are in our late 60's and mid 70's and we usually cruise on smaller ships (see signature). Even though we enjoy the smaller ships, we are thinking of trying one of those 'Mammoth' size ships but we feel somewhat overwhelmed by the sheer size of those things. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

My then 86 year old Dad & Mom when on Allure a few years ago. They had no issues, except budgeting more time to get from one end of the ship to the other. They enjoyed the shows and my Dad even did the zipline.

My then 86 year old Dad & Mom when on Allure a few years ago. They had no issues, except budgeting more time to get from one end of the ship to the other. They enjoyed the shows and my Dad even did the zipline.

Kudos to your Dad? Did you get video? ;)

My parents also love Oasis and Allure. This past Christmas when I gave them their cruise present (Oasis) my mother's response was... I'm so glad we are going back on one of the big one's.

Very nice gift.:)

Thank you, and everyone who replied, we may just give it a try and go BIG.

:) :) :) :)

The four of us are in our late 60's and mid 70's and we usually cruise on smaller ships (see signature). Even though we enjoy the smaller ships, we are thinking of trying one of those 'Mammoth' size ships but we feel somewhat overwhelmed by the sheer size of those things. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

I'm in your age group and DH is over your age group, and our favorite ship is Allure. You're going to love it!

It makes Christmas shopping so much easier than going to the mall and trying to figure out something to get them.

Plus, you get to spend quality time with them, something you will remember forever.

A psychologist that I know very well has told me that money spent on experiences means so much more than money spent on material things.

Plus, you get to spend quality time with them, something you will remember forever.

A psychologist that I know very well has told me that money spent on experiences means so much more than money spent on material things.

Trust me I know these cruises will me some of my best memories of them some day. I always take my parents along when we cruise. My mother and I are the only early risers. Neither of us would ever miss a morning sitting out on deck together with a cup of coffee chatting and taking in the ocean. That is our alone time together. I'm very thankful that I'm able to make these cruises happen.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I don't walk enough at home between joint problems and breathing issues. Central Park and Boardwalk make the walk feel shorter and much more entertaining than stateroom doors. I walked miles on Oasis and enjoyed it. Built up a little stamina while doing it. DH is 82 and I'll be 80 in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

for sure our best cruises have been spent with family. It seems like you have to make excuses to get together with family so when we do cruise together it is special

Thanks

We are in your age bracket and enjoy the big ships so much that we have been on them many times and currently have many booked for the future.

Go for it.

Wife 77 & I am 82 & you will get your exercise just like home with a better view ( me the young ladies & better half the younger guys ) going on the ALLURE for the 5th time in Sept & looking forward to another GREAT cruise.

george35

We are seniors going on Oasis next month just to see what a mega ship is like. Then we will go back to the Freedom class. Already sure Oasis won't match Freedom for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You might be surprised. We really liked Freedom, but Central Park is unique, and some of the entertainment dazzling. Especially the Aqua Theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are seniors going on Oasis next month just to see what a mega ship is like. Then we will go back to the Freedom class. Already sure Oasis won't match Freedom for us.

One thing we really missed from Freedom class was the open Solarium and decent sized pool.

Bobbye and I are both 85, and we used to sail only Holland America (see signature) because we enjoyed the smaller ships.

But last year we sailed the Oasis and we loved it. We are completely hooked now and will be on the Allure next month!!

Bob

We are in our 60's. We cruised on Allure last year right before I had a left hip replacement. Unfortunately, I had way too much pain to fully enjoy the big ship and spent a lot of time in our cabin (beautiful boardwalk cabin 4 from the end) or sitting somewhere, as it was very painful to walk. I should have rented a scooter!:o Anyway, we are very excited that we booked for October 2017 on the brand new big ship, Harmony of the Seas!!!!!!:cool: This time, I intend to inspect every nook and cranny of that ship, and we snagged cabin #12329 on the very end of the boardwalk!!!:D On the Allure, DH and I ate lunch everyday at the Park Café, where they made big salads to order.:p Anyone know if the Harmony will have a Park Café or similar?