Bottled water package, available on ship?

GUT2407

Carnival introduced the low cost pre-cruise ordered water package when they started prohibiting passengers from bringing any bottled water or bottled soda on board.

Princess now offers it without that prohibition, but I wonder is this a hint of what may be coming in the future.

Carnival introduced the low cost pre-cruise ordered water package when they started prohibiting passengers from bringing any bottled water or bottled soda on board.

Princess now offers it without that prohibition, but I wonder is this a hint of what may be coming in the future.

It may well be a sign of things to come.

Booze smugglers can take at least some credit.

Can I leave it till I board to order the bottled water package?

Or do I have to pre order?

Thanks all.

Why not use the tap water and put some ice in it or fill up in the buffet. Much cheaper. I can never understand why people BUY water!:eek:

Why not use the tap water and put some ice in it or fill up in the buffet. Much cheaper. I can never understand why people BUY water!:eek:

Why not just stay home, and drink the tap water there?

Cheapest solution of all.

Mainly because Mrs Gut likes bottled water, and as far as I am concerned what Mrs Gut wants, Mrs Gut gets, if it is in my power.

Pretty simple really.

But then I have never asked none else to drink it.

I for one really like the new package. For years I would get a ~24pak to carry on board. For the few dollars more to have it in the cabin when I get there, priceless... I just paid 13.90 for 24 bottles. On the ship that would be over $50.00 for the same amount. It's less than 1/2 the price of their 1.5L bottles. Nice.

framer

A bucks save is a buck earned:D.

I tried the pre-ordered the water package for the first time on a recent Panama Canal cruise. It was well worth it -- we were already carrying 2 bottles of wine each as well as a couple of bottles of Perrier [need those afternoon spritzers on the balcony;)] and carrying on water was just too much! It was very convenient == we could just grab a bottle each as we headed out for the day. I've ordered 24 bottles for our upcoming Baltics cruise.

Do you know if the bottles are very flimsy ones, or ok to carry ashore?

Also did I read somewhere that they are not in the cabin when you arrive, just a voucher to be redeemed through room service? Is this correct?

Thanks

They are the same bottles of water that are sold on board - crystal geyser is usually the brand. They were not waiting in our cabin and we had to call room service.

I ordered two cases.. That's 24 bottles for a whopping $13.80.. Gee, I might have to take out a loan. After all I had to pay for flights to London, 4 nights in a hotel then a 12 night British Isles Cruise.. How could I possibly have any money left over? :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to contribute to the Kenswing water fund just let me know.. :D

Good news about the water package.

I saw it on the Princess website and considered getting 24 bottles for a10 day cruise we are booked for in October.

So convenient and a good price!

As to why we order bottled water and why I drink seltzer water in the dining areas- this may be too much information - it seems that tap water that I am not used to can cause me to have stomach distress.

Not something I want to deal with on vacation. Enough said!

I did the pre order recently.

Decent deal.

The ship's water,while it tastes okay,still has a lot more sodium in it than the bottled water. We took our bottles to the MDR too. We both did notice much less "swelling" in our ankles from drinking the bottled water versus the tap water in the MDR.

We just bought a case of water while in port to replenish what we drank from the preorder. Worked out great.

This is especially nice on cruises with lots of sea days if you preorder.

As has been said, you have to pre order. You will get a voucher and call room service to have it delivered.

Our Hawaii cruise had 10 sea days. Too long for me to drink tap water, and our cabin on the Ruby had water 'issues'.

Don't know how accurate this is, but I was told that the water you buy onboard is the liter bottles. The package has the smaller bottles which is what I wanted.

Patti

We ordered the water, coffee cards and bottles of vodka prior to our cruise. Thank goodness I had printed out my confirmation email. We had vouchers in our cabin on our arrival and every voucher was wrong. After multiple phone calls to room service with no success I went to passenger services and they looked at the email and solved the issue immediately. The water was a great price and more convenient than lugging a case onboard.

We ordered the water, coffee cards and bottles of vodka prior to our cruise. Thank goodness I had printed out my confirmation email. We had vouchers in our cabin on our arrival and every voucher was wrong. After multiple phone calls to room service with no success I went to passenger services and they looked at the email and solved the issue immediately. The water was a great price and more convenient than lugging a case onboard.

I ALWAYS take the email confirmations for everything.

Don't know how accurate this is, but I was told that the water you buy onboard is the liter bottles. The package has the smaller bottles which is what I wanted.

They sell both the liter and the smaller bottles on board.

Sailing on Diamond Princess on May 30, 2016. I read somewhere that they have beverage vending machines onboard. Is that true? Not looking to buy a lot of water but just need a bottle or two for those excursions with hour long bus rides or dry mouth at night. Do they have an onboard convenience type store to purchase drinks/snacks?