Rising Tide Bar

We'll be sailing on Harmony in the fall, on deck 8. I've been looking at the deck plans and I see "Rising Tide Bar" on deck 8. I've also been looking at youtube videos of Central Park on Oasis class ships, and what I thought might be the top of the Rising Tide actually appear to be skylights. Am I correct?

How many decks does the bar stop at? Can you hop on and off on different decks, or do you stay on for "the ride?"

We'll be sailing on Harmony in the fall, on deck 8. I've been looking at the deck plans and I see "Rising Tide Bar" on deck 8. I've also been looking at youtube videos of Central Park on Oasis class ships, and what I thought might be the top of the Rising Tide actually appear to be skylights. Am I correct?

How many decks does the bar stop at? Can you hop on and off on different decks, or do you stay on for "the ride?"

The bar only stops at decks 5 and 8. You can get on/off in Central Park on deck 8.

Edited by clarea

The bar only stops at decks 5 and 8. You can get on/off in Central Park on deck 8.

Thanks, Bob. Other than the novelty of it moving, is there anything special about the bar itself? Special drinks? Do they have entertainment?

Thanks, Bob. Other than the novelty of it moving, is there anything special about the bar itself? Special drinks? Do they have entertainment?

No entertainment besides the novelty of going up and down. Not sure about special drinks. You do get to see what's going on in Schooner Bar though. Was particularly funny once when Matt Yee was performing in Schooner.

The biggest novelty of this bar is that it has THE most uncomfortable chairs/seats on the entire ship. ...but it's fun to do once.

That's exactly what I was gonna post. I think the chairs are designed to keep you from hanging out there all night. A trip or two up and down then get off to go book a massage...

The biggest novelty of this bar is that it has THE most uncomfortable chairs/seats on the entire ship. ...but it's fun to do once.

That's exactly what I was gonna post. I think the chairs are designed to keep you from hanging out there all night.

It works. :D

Although I am 58, I am a child at heart! When we were on the Allure, My biggest thrill was chatting up the operator at the computer screen terminal, and she actually let me push the buttons to make it move!! :):)

On Oasis at least, it seems to be managed as part of the martini bar. The same supervisor and staff seemed to share between the two.

We actually did a martini class on the rising tide. Went up to the top in central park, but didn't open the doors. The supervisor running the class said he would arrange to use the bar for another class later in the cruise as well.

I was on the Allure last week. We were on the rising ride bar around 6pm. There was a card on the table explaining that there was a $40 charge per person if you wanted to be there starting at 8pm which included drinks. That is when the 70s party was happening on Promenade. I guess RCI charges a premium for a view. Before someone asks, the charge was $20 if you had a drink package.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I was on the Allure last week. We were on the rising ride bar around 6pm. There was a card on the table explaining that there was a $40 charge per person if you wanted to be there starting at 8pm which included drinks. That is when the 70s party was happening on Promenade. I guess RCI charges a premium for a view. Before someone asks, the charge was $20 if you had a drink package.

I remember them charging much more if you wanted to be there on New Year's Eve.:eek:

No entertainment besides the novelty of going up and down. Not sure about special drinks. You do get to see what's going on in Schooner Bar though. Was particularly funny once when Matt Yee was performing in Schooner.

Oh that must have been a hoot! I didn't know he was still around. Saw him about 5? yrs ago on the Adventure. I would love to have him on a cruise again. Definitely a very R rated show though. :rolleyes::D

I think on the harmony it will be the champagne bar.

:(