RSSC Navigator Facelift

Zqueeze1

I started to upload this right after the previous post. Looks like 30 minutes, ouch, but no worries. As long as it goes through! :)

Which room category is this?

Hoping you can get better wifi and post more...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So without chairs where are you supposed to sit if they serve dinner course by course or if you order room service? Sitting on the bed and using deck chairs is not an option for us. Storage is an important factor in any suite regardless of the ship. Are they expecting us to use the closet for all storage?

What were they thinking???

I have tried to post another set of pictures, but unable to. Gets stuck in the upload phase.

As for room service, I believe the table seems a tad bigger than previous one, so no need for them to pull out the wooden top from behind the couch as before. For now, one of us sits on the couch while the other turns the chair around from the desk area, works for us.

I am in a PH C.

Thanks for the update Vitacura! I guess the subliminal message from Regent is don't plan on eating in your suite and don't invite any guests over since there is not enough seating.

Would love hearing from Regent on why they thought it was important to remove the chairs!

Don't know how or why, but able to upload a few more.

First picture is where they closed off the entrance to CR from the forward staircase. The menu is still there. Second and third pictures were taken inside the CR right before dinner service. The lights change color, at lunch they were white and at dinner pink.

Hope the pictures aren't too small, otherwise they won't upload. Once I get back home I will put some nice big pictures up!

IMG_0145.jpg.2a3ea866c186578f43fcee0288216451.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg.84f81ce8f52e0ea3f04109cd262920fa.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg.551cb784461b2c7dd608e6aaa59bae7b.jpg

Thanks for trying to post refurb pictures.

Sounds like the Wi-Fi is frustrating your efforts.

Wonder what happened to the promised upgrade to support the offer of included Wi-Fi for all? :rolleyes:

The Navigator is now offering free wifi to all onboard. (One login per suite, other packages can apparently still be purchased for additional log-ins) I have spoken to several crew members as well as B2B guests who were on the first voyage after dry dock and many had complaints. Lights not working, toilets not flushing, while doing work, contractors cut cables that affected routers/wifi and other systems. So in Compass Rose they are unable to use the small tablets/phones to take orders, they are back to pen and paper.

The phones are hit or miss for calls, I have gotten cut off several times calling back home.

Many are saying that more time was needed in dry dock before the first cruise out of Barcelona two weeks ago. There are still several contractors on board, we see them here and there working on different projects. They are not in the way, but definitely visible at times.

Most problems from the previous voyage have been fixed, but some still linger.

The staff have been outstanding, the food and service impeccable. JAR seems to be gone. Now the entertainment crew is introduced as the Regent Navigator Production Cast and this evening was the premier of their new show "Vegas the Show". Now cameras and picture taking are strictly prohibited during the shows.

Edited by vitacura

Internet seems to be a bit better this evening. Here is the closet, mostly unchanged, and the nightstand. Will try for the living area tomorrow.

Thanks for the photos! We will sail on her this December. So with the new "night stands" it looks like we lose 2 more drawers with each one. 😒

Internet seems to be a bit better this evening. Here is the closet, mostly unchanged, and the nightstand. Will try for the living area tomorrow.

Closet looks wonderful - lots of drawers, two shelves and plenty of hanging space. ...And 4 more drawers - 2 in each night stand. It will work for me. Thanks for the photos, vitacura!

Closet looks wonderful - lots of drawers, two shelves and plenty of hanging space. ...And 4 more drawers - 2 in each night stand. It will work for me. Thanks for the photos, vitacura!

Did I miss the drawers on the nightstand? Looked like open shelves to me. (Or maybe my eyes need to be checked?)

The new brochure shows the suites nicely. Anyone notice that the Penthouse Suite which is exactly the same size as the Deluxe Veranda has 2 chairs plus the desk chair? Hope we can request one chair for our Deluxe suite while on longer cruises. I like the new colors and the rest of the refurbishment looks very nice.

The new brochure shows the suites nicely. Anyone notice that the Penthouse Suite which is exactly the same size as the Deluxe Veranda has 2 chairs plus the desk chair? Hope we can request one chair for our Deluxe suite while on longer cruises. I like the new colors and the rest of the refurbishment looks very nice.

Is the brochure you're referring to the Regent website or a hard copy?

This confirms what I said a while ago....... you get what you pay for. I suppose that people in Deluxe suites can request a chair - just not sure that it will be same type of chair that PH suites have. In terms of drawer space, let's wait to see what people on the Navigator have to say. It is pretty clear from Regent announcements that all the ships will have the same "look". An exception will be the Explorer (and whatever the next Explorer type ship is called). There will be significant differences between the different level suites.

IMO, if having upper shelves to store books (for the few that still read real books rather than e-books) is a deal-breaker, then Regent passengers will have to look at other cruise lines. When we were in a Seven Seas Aft suite on the Mariner last year, the lack of drawer space was very apparent. However, we learned to live with it....... stored some things in our suitcase under the bed. For us, it was an inconvenience but not a deal-breaker.

IMO, if having upper shelves to store books is a deal-breaker, then Regent passengers will have to look at other cruise lines.

You have missed the point. The upper cabinets (before drydock) stored the glassware, plates, napkins, binoculars, etc. The lower cabinet (before drydock) had 3 drawers for storing clothes or personal items of each guest.

After drydock, the 3 lower drawers are gone. In its place, on one side of the desk, is what used to be the upper cabinet. The paraphernalia that clutters the room is now in that lower glass-doored cabinet. Gone is personal storage space in those drawers. Above the desk is just a big blank wall with a TV that looks lonely...and wants its cabinets back.

Edited by Anchorbuoy

As I posted, we had no drawers in a Seven Seas suite (except in the closet) - no shelves either. We got used to it. Didn't love it but did not complain. Since there is nothing that we can do about it, we may as well accept it. For the future, the best thing to do is mention the lack of storage on our Comment Cards.

It is a hard copy brochure. The same brochure show 2 chairs in the Deluxe suite on the Voyager. . So it shows a difference between the same class of suites between the ships. And it shows only one chair in another Class of suite on the Voyager. One wonders about what is really in each suite on each ship. If Regent is trying to make all ships the same, they are still works progress

As I posted, we had no drawers in a Seven Seas suite (except in the closet) - no shelves either. We got used to it. Didn't love it but did not complain. Since there is nothing that we can do about it, we may as well accept it. For the future, the best thing to do is mention the lack of storage on our Comment Cards.

You missed another point. This drydock remodeled all the standard sized suites, A thru H, into the identical new configuration. Your Seven Seas suite is irrelevant as it is a "named" suite and it was remodeled 2 years ago (on Mariner). The A thru H suites are smaller and space is at a premium. Your Seven Seas Suite has larger closets, and presumably MORE space to store personal items. The A thru H suites have gone backwards with respect to usable space.

The best we can do NOW is mention it publicly, before they mess up Voyager next. Regent can do better, and the prototype cabins on Voyager had ample time to see the problems.

It is a hard copy brochure. The same brochure show 2 chairs in the Deluxe suite on the Voyager. . So it shows a difference between the same class of suites between the ships. And it shows only one chair in another Class of suite on the Voyager. One wonders about what is really in each suite on each ship. If Regent is trying to make all ships the same, they are still works progress

The Voyager has not been refurbished yet. The Press Release I read some time ago indicated that the ships will look the same after refurbishment. So, it is likely that there will no longer be two chairs.

Anchorboy. Actually, the Seven Seas suites had a tiny closet and narrow drawers - very little space for storage in a very large suite. As mentioned, the top suites were refurbished during the last dry dock while the lower suites were not. I suspect that we got a taste of the direction that the decor was going.

According to one of the G.M.'s, furnishings, carpeting and fabrics for chairs and sofas are purchased in bulk so they can be used for at least two years. Based on that, I doubt if our comments will change anything for the Voyager or Mariner. On the other hand, if they wanted to, they could add an extra chair in the suites.

Edited by Travelcat2