RSSC Navigator Facelift

Zqueeze1

Thank you so much for offering to post some pics!

Excellent question!!! Thanks.

EVERYONE ELSE: PLEASE, let's not turn any responses to this great question into another mudslinging fest. It really is a turn-off.

Z and TB

Saw your deleted post earlier, glad to see you are still posting.

Thank you so much for offering to post some pics!

Excellent question!!! Thanks.

EVERYONE ELSE: PLEASE, let's not turn any responses to this great question into another mudslinging fest. It really is a turn-off.

Z and TB

Z, the response should be interesting but I've been told that the vibration isn't fixable. She is better since having the "ducktail" installed a few years ago. We just think of the Navigator as a "magic fingers bed".😹 Seriously, she should better than when she was launched.

Z, the response should be interesting but I've been told that the vibration isn't fixable. She is better since having the "ducktail" installed a few years ago. We just think of the Navigator as a "magic fingers bed".[emoji81] Seriously, she should better than when she was launched.

Jackie: I'm so sorry but you made me LMAO times infinity with your "magic" comment. In a flying squadron navigators are not known for their magic fingers.

-Z (no TB on this one)

Saw your deleted post earlier, glad to see you are still posting.

Pamela1:

I had actually written something worded a little more strongly but then realized that it was too much and too soon. Also, I hadn't had any coffee yet and was really cranky until I got a double shot of Cuban coffee that spun up my system to warp speed for a few hours.

Z and TB

Z, the response should be interesting but I've been told that the vibration isn't fixable. She is better since having the "ducktail" installed a few years ago. We just think of the Navigator as a "magic fingers bed".😹 Seriously, she should better than when she was launched.

;) we didn't have quite the same effect mid ship lol

Compass Rose looks nice but the suites are not well thought out. Total waste of space to not have cabinets to the right of tv. We always used drawers under desk. And yes, we have always been on level 10 penthouse on Navigator so know it well. I want my barrel chair back too. Desk chair has no arms. Not meant to be used relaxing watching the ocean go by or tv for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I must say I like the new layout. One of the disadvantages of Navigator is the lack of public space, so opening up a space that previously was only used by a few makes sense (sorry, smokers.) I love that central concourse, and I can also see they've added a little Coffee Connection, which is also great.

It is interesting to see the new "card room. When we have been on the other Regent ships this room has sat mostly empty while people that want to play cards or other games take up space in the Coffee Connection (leaving little space for those that actually want to drink coffee). It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Could not agree more that the Navigator needed more public space.

In terms of the deluxe room, I think it looks great and am a bit surprised that the cabinets are being mentioned. It has been a while since we were on the Navigator but weren't those cabinets for wine and other glasses? I'm wondering if there have been issues in rough seas with the cabinet doors opening. We never used the cabinets for anything. On the other hand, a desk without a drawer reminds me of Silversea's Silver Spirit - a ship that we did not care for. A desk (or dressing table) needs a drawer. IMO, the "chair" issue has been done to death -- like the chair better than both the barrel chair that used to be in the room and the desk chair.

Anchorbuoy - thanks for posting the new layout!

It is interesting to see the new "card room. When we have been on the other Regent ships this room has sat mostly empty while people that want to play cards or other games take up space in the Coffee Connection...........

The NAV card room is not new and has always been in the exact same place??

j

The NAV card room is not new and has always been in the exact same place??

j

Thanks - guess that I didn't notice it (nor do most people). The only "card" or game room that we have gone into (to play Scrabble) is on Oceania's Riviera. It is a lovely space and, since their equivalent to Regent's Coffee Connection is so tiny, no one would think of playing games there. My DH and I are still conflicted about the Navigator. We'd like to see the space but can't get over our last experience on the Navigator that was less than wonderful (and that was in a Master Suite!) Our total focus right now is on the Explorer (which, BTW, has some itineraries that are less $$$ than the older ships).

So the deck 6 plan for Navigator has finally been updated on the Regent website (only 5-6 weeks after the refurb :rolleyes:), and it also looks as though the website photos are gradually being changed to show the new arrangements; although not yet updated for the suites.

New Deck Plans and activity/amenity descriptions confirm that Connoisseurs is no more. I see that the new Coffee Connection shares its limited space with Cruise Sales and Club.com

The Cruise Consultant still has the private small office right next to reception as before. It is not part of the Coffee Connection or Computer area. Not sure why they lumped it all together on the deck plan.

The Cruise Consultant still has the private small office right next to reception as before. It is not part of the Coffee Connection or Computer area. Not sure why they lumped it all together on the deck plan.

Thanks, vitacura