Upsell Offer - Good deal?

emmysmom

It really depends on where you're coming from. I'm in a mini for a June sailing, and briefly considered a full suite when booking. Ultimately, we decided it wasn't worth the added $2200 to jump to a suite. But, if they gave me an offer like yours ($900 extra), I'd probably be all over it.

If it doesn't strain the finances too much, I'd go for it. You only get one 25th anniversary.

We took a similar upsell in October and really enjoyed the perks, Sabatini's breakfast, free laundry, etc. Part of our feeling was that we'd probably never get a more affordable chance to try a suite.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

I think we will pass. Our mini-suite we have is the last one on the side - E730 with side and aft views. We had the same one on the Sapphire and loved it, which is why we chose it again. Now if they were to upgrade or upsell at a lower price we might take it!

I just received an email for an upsell from our Emerald Deck mini-suite to a deluxe suite category S4 for $449.00 more per person. Is this a good deal?

S4 suites are all on the Riviera deck below Lido mid ship. Nice view and high up.

If you could get a suite say on an aft balcony that would be a better deal IMHO.

You would get the Sabatini's breakfast , laundry, mini bar set up and specialty dining first night.

We did the upsell on both the Pacific and Ruby the last 2 AK cruises we did. They were wonderful and just did the upsell on the Regal Baltic cruise next month.

To us it is worth the $$.

On the Baltic cruise it is still $2000 cheaper than the current Mini prices and $11000 cheaper than the current price of the suites. We also have 3 people in the cabin.

I would say go for it:)

I think we will pass. Our mini-suite we have is the last one on the side - E730 with side and aft views. We had the same one on the Sapphire and loved it, which is why we chose it again. Now if they were to upgrade or upsell at a lower price we might take it!

I will do the same as you did. A mini-suite for Alaska is good enough for me.

My husband and I have decided we would rather keep the mini-suite with the huge balcony that we love and spend the dollars on excursions instead!

Alaskan excursions tend to be pretty pricey and the money can be better used. I think you made a great decision since you already have one of the best mini-suites on the ship.

And we booked on the "Sip and Sail" promotion ~ specialty restaurants are included! [emoji4]

Uhhhhhhh I would definitely call Princess about that because it was my understanding that the the promo included free drinks but nothing about specialty restaurants. Sometimes, ONE dinner at a specialty restaurant is included with a promo, so maybe that's what you're meaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Uhhhhhhh I would definitely call Princess about that because it was my understanding that the the promo included free drinks but nothing about specialty restaurants. Sometimes, ONE dinner at a specialty restaurant is included with a promo, so maybe that's what you're meaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Sip and Sale promo did include a Speciality Restaurant for booking

Mini suite and above [emoji4]

My husband and I have decided we would rather keep the mini-suite with the huge balcony that we love and spend the dollars on excursions instead!

Great decision! Those mini suites are great! We only book those and if none available, we sail another line.

Enjoy your Alaska cruise!