Diamonds kicked out of DL

jonbgd

Agree with the above posters that it has everything to do with sitting with new people amenable to making new friends- that just does not happen in any location, despite the 'free drink' coupons. In the lounge, you see the same people night after night, and on the best cruises, the furniture gets moved around to make larger and larger circles as the week goes on. That is what it is really about, and RCCI is doing itself a real disservice by limiting access. They should be making the lounges larger as they did on the Anthem.

They are probably just kicking me out of the DL:eek:

The Concierge wasn't to fond of my flashing tie last time:o

:p

Poor Jon. I hope you enjoy yourselves in spite of the disappointment. :(:(:D

Must be me, but never understand this obsession with meeting people in the Diamond Club (note I stated 'club' because that's what the door sign says on a lot of ships, not 'lounge'). Having been in many Diamond Clubs, I still haven't met as many people as I have in the larger venues on board such as Vintages, Schooner Bar, Boleros, Viking Crown etc where there are many people. I've made more long lasting friends on cruise critic than I have from a dedicated lounge!

For disclosure, D+ here and I couldn't care less if RCI deny me access to a CL, if I'm not in a suite, or even a Diamond Club. I'd only be bothered if I paid for a suite and couldn't get into a Suite Lounge (which was the case a couple of years ago when I was in a GS).

Must be me, but never understand this obsession with meeting people in the Diamond Club (note I stated 'club' because that's what the door sign says on a lot of ships, not 'lounge'). Having been in many Diamond Clubs, I still haven't met as many people as I have in the larger venues on board such as Vintages, Schooner Bar, Boleros, Viking Crown etc where there are many people. I've made more long lasting friends on cruise critic than I have from a dedicated lounge!

For disclosure, D+ here and I couldn't care less if RCI deny me access to a CL, if I'm not in a suite, or even a Diamond Club. I'd only be bothered if I paid for a suite and couldn't get into a Suite Lounge (which was the case a couple of years ago when I was in a GS).

Very nicely put. I have never understood the logic behind the belief, often expressed on these threads that one needs to sit in a dedicated lounge in order to meet nice people on a cruise.

We are currently on the Independence. Jacki, the diamond concierge tells us there will be 1100 d, d+ & p on the crossing. She will have an assistant and all d and up members will have DL, viking crown lounge and pyramid lounge for drinks and snacks.

Pete.

We are currently on the Independence. Jacki, the diamond concierge tells us there will be 1100 d, d+ & p on the crossing. She will have an assistant and all d and up members will have DL, viking crown lounge and pyramid lounge for drinks and snacks.

Well there ya go. Thank you for this info.

I now declare this thread null and void. :p:p:p heehee

Very nicely put. I have never understood the logic behind the belief, often expressed on these threads that one needs to sit in a dedicated lounge in order to meet nice people on a cruise.

Well, if Ds get kicked out of the DL, then all those folks will be doing their meetings somewhere else - RCI would be doing them a favor and forcing them to mingle outside of the DL.:cool:

My hunch was there would be a bunch of us on board tomorrow. Does anyone know the name of the Concierge Manager on deck 10 and whether or not we will have overflow for D+ and above?

Well, if Ds get kicked out of the DL, then all those folks will be doing their meetings somewhere else - RCI would be doing them a favor and forcing them to mingle outside of the DL.:cool:

While the DL is a nice place to meet new people, the wife and I go for some high quality cocktails before dinner :D. The pours in the DL are much more generous than the measured shots at the other bars that the vouchers provide.

We enjoy meeting interesting people all over the ship, not just in the DL. In fact we made some friends on our last cruise at the muster drill and hung out alot that week.

Pete.

Wow that's a lot (not as many as our Allure TA thou)

Thank You for the first hand info

Hey wait

We may not be let in for starting this thread:eek::o:p

Ive been kicked out:eek:

Actually first time I tried my card it didn't work and I thought I was kicked out

So the second time I slowly inserted and than pulled out slower and it worked:o

So I guess I can be tossed overboard by everyone on CC:p

Ive been kicked out:eek:

Actually first time I tried my card it didn't work and I thought I was kicked out

So the second time I slowly inserted and than pulled out slower and it worked:o

So I guess I can be tossed overboard by everyone on CC:p

:D Enjoy the lounge!