Diamonds kicked out of DL

jonbgd

So I just opened an email for our upcoming May 1st cruise from RCCL

It was a dear Jon letter:rolleyes:

Dear Jon:

As a Diamond member, you'll receive exclusive benefits and privileges on your upcoming voyage, including:

• Priority Check In & Complimentary Water: Enjoy priority boarding & a bottle of complimentary water in your stateroom upon arrival.

• Onboard Offers: Be sure to reference the Welcome Letter in your stateroom on embarkation day to view the great onboard offers for shopping; VitalitySM Day Spa, Internet Café, and other activities.

• Nightly Happy Hour: Enjoy three complimentary drink vouchers during the nightly happy hour (times vary by ship).

• Next Cruise Bonus: Up to $500 credit in instant onboard credit, when you book your next cruise onboard. Visit the next cruise desk for details.

• Balcony & Suite Discounts: Book your next cruise onboard in a Balcony or Suite stateroom and enjoy savings; combine this offer with the Next Cruise Bonus and save more!

Thank you for your continued loyalty and have a wonderful voyage!

No mention of DL access :eek:

Im not trying to mislead anyone I posted what I received

And as the email I received mentioned I am only receiving 3 drink vouchers

No mention of DL access

Maybe I should have put a question mark after but Im watching my Warriors beat up on the Rockets

Im sailing on the Indy May 1st

the same day the same day the new gratuities start and the new CL/DL rules:eek:

jonbgd we are on the same cruise no email yet.

You're + he/she is D. Funny, I've never received an e-mail prior to my cruise being that specific. He/she will find out when boarding or if some of the rumors will be put in print by RCL.

Why is it misleading?

Because it say's they have been "kicked out" of the Diamond lounge and there is NO indication that is true. A really stupid assumption and thread title. But what the heck, the thread might now get 500 posts.:rolleyes:

Because it say's they have been "kicked out" of the Diamond lounge and there is NO indication that is true. A really stupid assumption and thread title. But what the heck, the thread might now get 500 posts.:rolleyes:

Okay, maybe the thread title could be "No Lounge Access for Diamonds mentioned on benefits page any longer"

I guess it's a case of don't shoot the messenger

How about just a flesh wound? (Just as I'm getting ready to enter the DL for the first time ever Saturday :D My review might be titled. "Diamond Lounge goes Blue collar"

As discussed in the other thread the RCI website does not mention the Welcome Back Party anymore.

But as onboard reward it does say:

Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge Access (on select ships) 13 (D+)

Diamond Lounge (on select ships) 13 (D)

So I bet we have to wait for the first people to report back (in case D is really "kicked out") or not (in case D can still use the DL).

steamboats

Just off the Anthem. The list of Diamond benefits in our cabin noted the 3 vouchers with no mention of the Diamond Lounge. On the back of the daily was info that the Diamond Lounge was available to Diamond and up cruisers from 5pm-8:30pm. I found the list confusing but found clarification once I read that note in the daily.

Edited by hancock

Last cruise on the Anthem we got our letter with no mention of Concierge Lounge access and we are Diamond Plus. We called the front desk and was told that as Diamond Plus we had access. We tried our card and it worked in the Concierge Lounge all cruise long. Let's face it..the information from RCCL Sucks and is often misleading!

Im not trying to mislead anyone I posted what I received

And as the email I received mentioned I am only receiving 3 drink vouchers

No mention of DL access

Maybe I should have put a question mark after but Im watching my Warriors beat up on the Rockets

Im sailing on the Indy May 1st

the same day the same day the new gratuities start and the new CL/DL rules:eek:

jonbgd we are on the same cruise no email yet.

I did receive the email. However where it lists benefits of being Diamond it does say clearly Diamond Lounge.

I remain optimistic:D