checking in to airlines while onboard

micro yaya

we will be leaving the ship in venice to fly home.does hal have a way to contact the airlines to check in or should I have my son in law in the states do this, and just print my boarding pass at the airport??? thank you so much

United allows me to check in for both out and return flights at the same time. The boarding passes are delivered to my iPhone. The return boarding passes appear 24 hours before scheduled departures. I must admit I have not tried this on international flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we will be leaving the ship in venice to fly home.does hal have a way to contact the airlines to check in or should I have my son in law in the states do this, and just print my boarding pass at the airport??? thank you so much
HAL will not do this for you ... you must buy enough internet time to do it yourself. Often on the last day before debarkation day there are so many people trying that the system is extremely slow. I have twice spent as much as 15 minutes trying and failed to complete it, so now I ask someone at home to check us in, and we get boarding passes at the aiport.

I've always checked in from the ship if we were flying on disembarkation day. Did it in the Neptune Lounge in January with zero problems and have done it from the internet center in the past, where I raised heck about running out of minutes trying to log on and they comp'd me my check-in minutes.

I always use the internet the day before to get my boarding passes but you do not have to, you can check in at the airport. I would be careful with this option as your reserved seat assignment could be given away if you do not check in the day before.

I always use the internet the day before to get my boarding passes but you do not have to, you can check in at the airport. I would be careful with this option as your reserved seat assignment could be given away if you do not check in the day before.

I have not experienced this. What airline takes away seats if you don't check in 24 hours out?

Yes, I know Southwest's procedure, but that is not (typically) an international flight situation.

We have never checked in prior to arrival at the airport on a return flight and have never lost our seat assignments.

Not all airline assign seats when you purchase them. If you haven't checked in, and the flight is overbooked, some do bump you even if you make the check in at airport on time. If you have paid for seat assignment/or been assigned a seat in advance, you may be less likely to be bumped than those who do not have a confirmed seat.

There is also the chance of flights changing with short notice. I would not feel comfortable not having someone check me in 24 hours before. Granted, my flights are international, but I have even had changes within 24 hours of departure,so even on in-country flights, I always check in on line early and check flights several times before leaving for the airport; if possible. I haven't decided what to do with my upcoming cruise.

Edited by mef_57

Not all airline assign seats when you purchase them. If you haven't checked in, and the flight is overbooked, some do bump you even if you make the check in at airport on time. If you have paid for seat assignment/or been assigned a seat in advance, you may be less likely to be bumped than those who do not have a confirmed seat.

There is also the chance of flights changing with short notice. I would not feel comfortable not having someone check me in 24 hours before. Granted, my flights are international, but I have even had changes within 24 hours of departure,so even on in-country flights, I always check in on line early and check flights several times before leaving for the airport; if possible. I haven't decided what to do with my upcoming cruise.

I no longer bother getting internet aboard as I can survive sea days without access and can check my email while in port. When arriving at our final port, I use my iPhone to check in, usually 6 hours or more ahead of the flight departure time. That's more than enough lead time to avoid being bumped, and as I preselect our seats when booking, there's no issue of getting stuck in a bad seat.

As for changing flight information, I have several apps that push notifications of flight time or gate changes, so I don't worry about changes.

Didn't HAL do this as part of the paid luggage option at the end of the cruise....check you in, print your boarding passes for you and get the bags to the airport? I thought HAL did. Maybe it was only Disney.

HAL does it at a couple of, but not all of, their ports.

Didn't HAL do this as part of the paid luggage option at the end of the cruise....check you in, print your boarding passes for you and get the bags to the airport? I thought HAL did. Maybe it was only Disney.

HAL does it at a couple of, but not all of, their ports.

Not only not all ports but not all airlines or destinations.

Sorry to change the subject but just 1 question for you specifically. What is your sign-in picture of?

Been wanting to ask you for a while and see you're on line now.

To me it looks like a picture of the Eagles (The Band) during the Long Road to Eden tour.

Probably not even close am I?

MacBraces

Again sorry for the interruption.

There is no requirement you check in 24 hours in advance. As long as you meet the airlines requirements (usually an hour, or perhaps 90 minutes in advance for a international flight).

I disagree with this statement. Now days, airlines are over booked, if you don't check in you may lose your seat. We fly both American Airlines and Air France and both request that you check in and you can do so about 24 hours befaore your flight.

When we are on board a ship, it is easy, use the computer center on board, same at a hotel, we use the business center.

There is no requirement you check in 24 hours in advance. As long as you meet the airlines requirements (usually an hour, or perhaps 90 minutes in advance for a international flight).

I disagree with this statement. Now days, airlines are over booked, if you don't check in you may lose your seat. We fly both American Airlines and Air France and both request that you check in and you can do so about 24 hours befaore your flight.

When we are on board a ship, it is easy, use the computer center on board, same at a hotel, we use the business center.

Apples and oranges.

Sorry to change the subject but just 1 question for you specifically. What is your sign-in picture of?

Been wanting to ask you for a while and see you're on line now.

To me it looks like a picture of the Eagles (The Band) during the Long Road to Eden tour.

Probably not even close am I?

MacBraces

Again sorry for the interruption.

That is exactly what my picture is. Good get!! DW and my favorite band. Seeing Don Henley in July at Tahoe.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I agree with Fouremco. This is a request, not a requirement. United encourages, but doesn't require until 60 or 90 minutes prior.

That is exactly what my picture is. Good get!! DW and my favorite band. Seeing Don Henley in July at Tahoe.

Wow, do I get a prize?? Have seen the Eagles 3 years in a row in Vegas & Salt Lake city once.

Road trips from Birmingham AL..

Seeing Don Henley alone will be nice but just not the same as the group. :(:(

I no longer bother getting internet aboard as I can survive sea days without access and can check my email while in port. When arriving at our final port, I use my iPhone to check in, usually 6 hours or more ahead of the flight departure time. That's more than enough lead time to avoid being bumped, and as I preselect our seats when booking, there's no issue of getting stuck in a bad seat.

As for changing flight information, I have several apps that push notifications of flight time or gate changes, so I don't worry about changes.

You are wrong about not loosing your selected seats. Our flight was booked with preferred seats eight months ahead. Arriving at check in were told are seats were changed. We would be 20 rows apart. After some discussion we were seated together but not in the selected seats.

You are wrong about not loosing your selected seats. Our flight was booked with preferred seats eight months ahead. Arriving at check in were told are seats were changed. We would be 20 rows apart. After some discussion we were seated together but not in the selected seats.

When did you check in? I've never experienced any change in seating, but I always check in 6 to 24 hours out.

Wow, do I get a prize?? Have seen the Eagles 3 years in a row in Vegas & Salt Lake city once.

Road trips from Birmingham AL..

Seeing Don Henley alone will be nice but just not the same as the group. :(:(

Yep, a totally worthless newlywed gift...:D:D;)

Seeing Don is perhaps all we have left, sadly...

Edited by CruiserBruce