Live from the Divina May 7, 2016

maureencruiser

Let's see what you say after you ACTUALLY meet me! Who's that crazy person with the Boston accent? :D

You just now tell me about your accent??? I'm now going to have to go back and reread all of your reviews, but add a north east accent. After studying how to speak with a Boston accent it will definitely make them even betah.

Thanks to Urban Dictionary we have the following definitions/explanations of the Boston Accent.

1) A complete disregard for the letter "R". One of the most noticeable accents in the US. Primarily used around boston and its suburbs.

Spelling bee anouncer: "your next word is 'car'"

boston accent: "Cah, C-A-..... Cah"

anouncer: "your a dumbass"

2) It sounds like someone cut out a chunk of their tongue, making it impossible for them to pronounce "r" when appropriate, and inserting the "r" sound into words where it doesn't exist.

Example of a Boston Accent in conversation:

Sean: "Hey, wheah's Pawlie?"

Patrick: "I dunno, I just sawr him the uddah day at dah pahty. He was wicked drunk."

Sean: "Yeah, I sawr him theah too. He was pukin next to a pahked cah. Musta had a hawrrible hangovah the next day."

Patrick: "Yeah, I bet it was wicked. Hey, you going to da Sawwwx game dis Satahday?"

Sean: "Of couahs I'll be theah. Varitek is playing awrsome at catcha lately.

EDIT: Maureen, all joking aside I can't wait to tag along on this cruise.

Edited by A&L_Ont

You just now tell me about your accent??? I'm now going to have to go back and reread all of your reviews, but add a north east accent. After studying how to speak with a Boston accent it will definitely make them even betah.

Thanks to Urban Dictionary we have the following definitions/explanations of the Boston Accent.

1) A complete disregard for the letter "R". One of the most noticeable accents in the US. Primarily used around boston and its suburbs.

Spelling bee anouncer: "your next word is 'car'"

boston accent: "Cah, C-A-..... Cah"

anouncer: "your a dumbass"

2) It sounds like someone cut out a chunk of their tongue, making it impossible for them to pronounce "r" when appropriate, and inserting the "r" sound into words where it doesn't exist.

Example of a Boston Accent in conversation:

Sean: "Hey, wheah's Pawlie?"

Patrick: "I dunno, I just sawr him the uddah day at dah pahty. He was wicked drunk."

Sean: "Yeah, I sawr him theah too. He was pukin next to a pahked cah. Musta had a hawrrible hangovah the next day."

Patrick: "Yeah, I bet it was wicked. Hey, you going to da Sawwwx game dis Satahday?"

Sean: "Of couahs I'll be theah. Varitek is playing awrsome at catcha lately.

EDIT: Maureen, all joking aside I can't wait to tag along on this cruise.

Lol. Andrew is there is definition/explanation of a Canadian accent too?

Lol. Andrew is there is definition/explanation of a Canadian accent too?

Yes, and it isn't Terrance and Philip from South Park.;)

I know how we speak because I am Canadian. I live in Ontario and I've talked to an American a couple times.;) In Utah they think we say;

-Sorry (Sarry)

-House (How ess)

-Outside (Owwwtside)

We do say EH, at the end of a sentence but not all the time, indicating interest. For example, three friends are talking in a group and the two leave and walk a way and the one day says ''That dude was an idiot eh?''

Edited by A&L_Ont

Maureen,

I actually just booked cabin 10262 for November. I guess I made a good choice by accident.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by seabeew

Love the balcony photo. I am sailing in this same cabin (10262) June 4th and can't wait. I did the same as you and called to change cabins as soon as I saw this one open up. Have a great cruise.

The wifi has a timer that you use the start on each time you log in its for 30 mins each time. I would like to add a screenshot but "it"won't let me! I can't explain better than that. I am sat on my balcony now in my black card perk bathrobe sat drinking coffee looking at the sea and knowing that we are now on the return leg of our journey and back to a cold UK at the weekend! And we have no more free holiday time available to book again till next year! Bug!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a blast Maureen! You were wise to book that small laundry package ahead of time because that one was not available on board ship (only the 20 items which was too much for me so I ended up doing some hand laundry instead.) Enjoy that aft balcony- So amazing !! :-)

Maureen,

I actually just booked cabin 10262 for November. I guess I made a good choice by accident.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Love the balcony photo. I am sailing in this same cabin (10262) June 4th and can't wait. I did the same as you and called to change cabins as soon as I saw this one open up. Have a great cruise.

Oh my! I'm gonna see if I can find a little hiding spot in the cabin and leave you a little gift. :D Especially you, June 4th! :D

For Saturday, Sunny with scattered accents, eerrrr, clouds.

Safe travel to the ship, see you all on board.

See you there! Look for a "fluffy" redhead eating pizza and drinking wine in the buffet. Scattered accents, funny!

The wifi has a timer that you use the start on each time you log in its for 30 mins each time. I would like to add a screenshot but "it"won't let me!

I saw your pic on the other thread, thanks!

OK, I'm out of work now and have to start packing. I'm exhausted, if only there was some magical elixir which would give me the energy I need to do this.

13151923_10208274024559972_5300770531252612707_n.jpg?oh=a389466f4fa483d73318b3be56706cdf&oe=57A3C2E3

On my way home, I stopped and bought the winning Powerball ticket. How many cruises could I take with $450M?

13178009_10208274025279990_3119448606151305782_n.jpg?oh=ea6366f5cbc165173d03e89cd820720e&oe=57B22600

Well, since I'm holding things up and taking pictures of them, might as well take a picture Of Pirate Hello Kitty.

13177372_10208274025079985_8613925993945769076_n.jpg?oh=31413040886d28f4490b0597a85fdcbb&oe=57A5FD36

I usually take my Dinosaur, Rusty on my cruises, but, he got lost in the shuffle when my Mom passed and all her belongings came to my house. He's here , somewhere, I just can't find him. Besides, pirates belong on the water and I bought PHK for 39 cents, I might as well get my money's worth.

One other thing I did today was message the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and request an oceanview room. I made sure to mention I was doing a review, so, maybe they will come through for me. I also looked at various Cuban restaurants near the hotel and made myself very hungry. If anyone has any suggestions for a restaurant nearby, Cuban or otherwise, I would be thankful. Also, a grocery store or drugstore to pick up sundries.

I booked the precruise package with the hotel, which includes 2 drinks upon arrival, breakfast for 2 and transfers to the port. I probably could have done those things for less money, but, I just wanted to keep things simple.

OK, I have finished my elixir, let the packing begin! :D:D

Hey, It just occurred to me, if they give me a hard time about not having a roommate for the BOGO sale, I will tell them PHK is my TBD. :eek:

Remember last year, the makers of HK said she is not a cat, she is a little girl dressed up like a cat? :confused: I'll tell them PHK is my daughter. They will think I'm crazy, so, they will just wave me through. :D

Well, I would say don't sweat the packing...under my You Will Never See These People Again theorem... But since you are a well known Cruise Critic-er....that obviously won't work!

Edited by helen haywood

Hey, It just occurred to me, if they give me a hard time about not having a roommate for the BOGO sale, I will tell them PHK is my TBD. :eek:

Remember last year, the makers of HK said she is not a cat, she is a little girl dressed up like a cat? :confused: I'll tell them PHK is my daughter. They will think I'm crazy, so, they will just wave me through. :D

LOL Maureen! We have 6 kids in our group....you can borrow one for the check in :D

Another thought for you re the WIFI it seems to work better on our balcony and in public areas and bars than in our cabin.

I actually don't recall...as I signed up for a "social" package only for myself for the full week, but that's what my voucher says. I tried to get more info from website...but nada.

Ah, OK, I think they are in transition from the minute plans to the "social" weeklong plans. I asked because I was going to tell you the social package was only 16.50 for the whole week and includes Facebook, I didn't want you paying more for less minutes. :)

So, PHK and I are ready to head to the airport.

13151821_10208278388909078_3832621117456905410_n.jpg?oh=6fea1dec1b5b0ee7202fad0d70fe1d74&oe=57B2D61A

Even my real kitty, Nutmeg, is getting in on the action, helping me pack.

13124668_10208278386509018_7092639382968862774_n.jpg?oh=ee21e193c4bab17d16fd95e0d64175e8&oe=579F4CBF

I got all that candy on clearance yesterday from work. Since catnip is a member of the mint family, she always shows up when I have anything minty. I figure the candy might come in handy if I see any kids heading my way at the airport. Throw it far away and say, Look, kids, candy! :eek:

OK, next time you hear from me, I should be at the Marriott. Safe travels to everyone. :)