Hal replied to my e-mail in 3 days!

Hflors

I had a less that memorable cruise this past holiday and it came up in some posts here Then someone said post on FB. I did and got a response almost immediately. The FB person told me to e-mail guest relations. I did this past Sunday 4/1/16. I detailed all my concerns concerning our cruise. Today on 4/4/16 I received a very, very nice reply to my e-mail. I know they read the whole e-mail as they noted each and every concern. I will not go into to all they told me, but I can tell you, both my dh and myself felt like valued customers and that raises HAL in our eyes. (they even went to the trouble to find our booking # which I no longer have)

I don't know if everyone's e-mails will be answered, but from these HAL cruisers we are just blown away. (even dh said we will be sailing on our booked cruise next year! YAY!!!!)

Glad you got a quick response and they addressed all your concerns.

It wouldn't help me -- I don't belong to Facebook and have no desire to join.

And trust me if you are not on Facebook, you are not missing much at all! ;)

I had a less that memorable cruise this past holiday and it came up in some posts here Then someone said post on FB. I did and got a response almost immediately. The FB person told me to e-mail guest relations. I did this past Sunday 4/1/16. I detailed all my concerns concerning our cruise. Today on 4/4/16 I received a very, very nice reply to my e-mail. I know they read the whole e-mail as they noted each and every concern. I will not go into to all they told me, but I can tell you, both my dh and myself felt like valued customers and that raises HAL in our eyes. (they even went to the trouble to find our booking # which I no longer have)

I don't know if everyone's e-mails will be answered, but from these HAL cruisers we are just blown away. (even dh said we will be sailing on our booked cruise next year! YAY!!!!)

I certainly have no complaints regarding a response from HAL. On our recent Noordam cruise there was an item which had been charged incorrectly. We only discovered it when we got our final accounts. I didn't want the hassle of lining up to speak to the front office people and so I waited until we got home and then emailed customer relations. I received an acknowledgement of my email within 24 hours, and the issue was passed on to the relevant department. It was then sorted out very quickly and our account credited with the overcharge (charged for a Pinnacle dinner which I had pre-booked and paid for). Like you, I was impressed.

Beejay4016

I'm glad you are happy with the response to the credit you received in good time. This is only what I expect from any merchant, however.

HAL must be worse than I thought if something this basic is cause for being impressed with their service.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Guess you just can't win Hflors. I for one am happy that you are happy! If you were grumbling folks would give snippy or "cute" (not) responses, if you are happy they apparently do the same.

After shopping regularly at Nordstroms since 1974, I still am happy and impressed with the wonderful customer service I have always received, and am glad to tell others.

OP said the quick response was to emailing guest relations, so it may help you if you email, even if not on FB.

Beejay4016

I'm glad you are happy with the response to the credit you received in good time. This is only what I expect from any merchant, however.

HAL must be worse than I thought if something this basic is cause for being impressed with their service.

Good service, like common sense, is becoming more and more each day, and so I am always impressed when I come across either. :)

Guess you just can't win Hflors. I for one am happy that you are happy! If you were grumbling folks would give snippy or "cute" (not) responses, if you are happy they apparently do the same.

After shopping regularly at Nordstroms since 1974, I still am happy and impressed with the wonderful customer service I have always received, and am glad to tell others.

Thank you wander. I an still amazed that Hal (which is a huge corp.) replied to an E-mail that fast. If it had been a local business I would have expected the matter to be replied to immediately, but a huge corp. three thousand miles away. Well you understand....

Thank you wander. I an still amazed that Hal (which is a huge corp.) replied to an E-mail that fast. If it had been a local business I would have expected the matter to be replied to immediately, but a huge corp. three thousand miles away. Well you understand....

They gave you a discount or future cruise credit? If not I really don't understand why you are so excited. Them answering your email is someone's job I'm sure.

HAL does many things well. This seems to be one of them. I have several times had a specific email within a few days when I have raised something on the end of cruise survey. By comparison I sent a question to Oceania several weeks ago and have not had a response.

They gave you a discount or future cruise credit? If not I really don't understand why you are so excited. Them answering your email is someone's job I'm sure.

I am excited because not only did HAL's rep look up our booking # they also got my address and used it in the return e-mail to me. I am excited that a huge corp. cared about how I felt and addressed all the concerned and named them in the e-mail to me.

Why would you ask me if I got a discount/future cruise credit? Do you also want to ask how much I make per year?? Both and neither are none of your business. I am excited that I as a small person wrote a review here and some one saw it. They said I should post it on fb. Someone from HAL said I should e-mail HAL's Guest relations and I did. And the best is HAL read and replied to my e-mail!!! And it is my hope that because of my e-mail another customer who books a holiday cruise will not be as disappointed as I was in the future! PERIOD!

I am excited because not only did HAL's rep look up our booking # they also got my address and used it in the return e-mail to me. I am excited that a huge corp. cared about how I felt and addressed all the concerned and named them in the e-mail to me.

Why would you ask me if I got a discount/future cruise credit? Do you also want to ask how much I make per year?? Both and neither are none of your business. I am excited that I as a small person wrote a review here and some one saw it. They said I should post it on fb. Someone from HAL said I should e-mail HAL's Guest relations and I did. And the best is HAL read and replied to my e-mail!!! And it is my hope that because of my e-mail another customer who books a holiday cruise will not be as disappointed as I was in the future! PERIOD!

Ignore the negativity. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

They gave you a discount or future cruise credit?...

... Why would you ask me if I got a discount/future cruise credit? Do you also want to ask how much I make per year?? ...

My dear mother told me that when people ask questions such as these, the best response is to ask in return, "What ever possessed you to ask such an impertinent question?" IMO, Hflors, your response, was almost as good.

And thank you for sharing your positive experience (with HAL) with us on CC.

Edited by avian777

So happy to see people standing up for other posters on here. The last time I cruised and used CC was 5 years ago and it astonishes me how rude, snobby, and know-it-all some posters have become. I thought we were to help each other have the best cruise(s) possible..... ~live, love, and laugh.

No need to get excited again. I'm not trying to brush you the wrong way. I asked if you got a discount or future cruise credit because that would benefit other people on the board if emailing corporate would help for a dissatisfied cruise customers. I do not want to know how much you make a year as that's wouldn't help anyone with thier next cruise. Also, people talk about discounts and OBC and things of that nature all the time and it's not a sensitive topic for most.

I belong to facebook. But I'm pretty inactive. I use it mostly when I need to contact a company like the OP did.

So happy to see people standing up for other posters on here. The last time I cruised and used CC was 5 years ago and it astonishes me how rude, snobby, and know-it-all some posters have become. I thought we were to help each other have the best cruise(s) possible..... ~live, love, and laugh.

No kidding. I joined CC to learn from others who have experience cruising. I've needed to take breaks from this board. The amount of negativity and rudeness is insane. After we take our first cruise this summer, I'll stay on for a little bit to share my experience, but not sure how active I'll be. It's just too much for me. People need to chill out and be more supportive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app