Diamond Lounge on the Allure of the Seas

We just returned for a wonderful cruise aboard the Allure but, as a Diamond Level cruiser, we have to comment on the Diamond Lounge. As many Diamond level and above can attest, this lounge is is packed each day. On this ship it is two levels. We went there 5 of the seven days of our cruise and were appalled at what we found. Three quarters of the upper level was crammed full or service carts! To make matters worse, they were all cabled together as if we were going to run away with them. With space as a premium in the lounge, one would think they would have it clear, especially for Diamond and above cruisers. ImageUploadedByForums1463151877.676027.jpg.2787e71b2a5f31f615b759196109602e.jpg

Yes. That is what annoyed us. There was nowhere to sit so many folks just came in got a drink and a bit of food and left to sit somewhere else around the ship. We asked the waiter and he of course, had no idea. We also asked one of the dining officers and she said she would look into it. That was Monday. everything was still there on Friday.

We were on the Allure in Jan and upper level was storage the entire cruise. They did move the evening event to Dazzles each night but the upper level there was also used partly for storage. Bob

One additional item... RC scanned everyone's card that got a drink ( one drink - one scan) in the Diamond Lounge. There was no cost but it was clear they were trying to get a feel for the number of folks in the lounge. From talking with crew, it seems RC is reevaluating the Diamond Lounge concept. I guess changes are coming...

We just returned for a wonderful cruise aboard the Allure but, as a Diamond Level cruiser, we have to comment on the Diamond Lounge. As many Diamond level and above can attest, this lounge is is packed each day. On this ship it is two levels. We went there 5 of the seven days of our cruise and were appalled at what we found. Three quarters of the upper level was crammed full or service carts! To make matters worse, they were all cabled together as if we were going to run away with them. With space as a premium in the lounge, one would think they would have it clear, especially for Diamond and above cruisers. [ATTACH]385160[/ATTACH]

I'm quite certain they didn't cable them together to prevent theft. It is a moving ship and that is done for safety reasons I'm sure.

I was on that week as well and only went to the lounge a couple times in the evening but we had no trouble finding a seat when we went (7:30 ish). I have been on Allure before and that space used to be a CL (for suite guests and D+ and above) and the second floor was not actually used as part of the D lounge as I recall. Wasn't it where they did the Chef's Table dinner? I'm wondering if it actually is supposed to be part of the D lounge now? Was it actually open for guest seating during D hours or did you just walk up there during off hours and see that? And by the way if you think the DL was crowded, it was far worse in what used to be the DL before the last renovations. Of course the new DL is now for D and D+ whereas before D+ could go to either lounge and D couldn't go to the CL (which space is now the D lounge). The crowding is why they now give you three free drinks at other ship bars each night. This is a somewhat newer perk that didn't exist when I first hit diamond level.

I'm quite certain they didn't cable them together to prevent theft. It is a moving ship and that is done for safety reasons I'm sure.

I was on that week as well and only went to the lounge a couple times in the evening but we had no trouble finding a seat when we went (7:30 ish). I have been on Allure before and that space used to be a CL (for suite guests and D+ and above) and the second floor was not actually used as part of the D lounge as I recall. Wasn't it where they did the Chef's Table dinner? I'm wondering if it actually is supposed to be part of the D lounge now? Was it actually open for guest seating during D hours or did you just walk up there during off hours and see that? And by the way if you think the DL was crowded, it was far worse in what used to be the DL before the last renovations. Of course the new DL is now for D and D+ whereas before D+ could go to either lounge and D couldn't go to the CL (which space is now the D lounge). The crowding is why they now give you three free drinks at other ship bars each night. This is a somewhat newer perk that didn't exist when I first hit diamond level.

Yes, it was previously used for the Chef's Table.

Yes, it is now supposed to be part of the Diamond Club.

Yes, it was previously used for the Chef's Table.

Yes, it is now supposed to be part of the Diamond Club.

Quite interesting that they had all those carts up there. I wonder if they are making other changes or if it is just temporary.

Quite interesting that they had all those carts up there. I wonder if they are making other changes or if it is just temporary.

If I were to guess - and it is only a guess - I would guess that it's quite temporary.

I know that the room service kitchen is right next door, so my guess is that those are room service carts.

Not really getting a good look through the small picture, I wonder if these carts are the new travelling bars for the Star class suites to have their personal cocktails made at the cabin by the bartenders when the genie sets up the time.

Like I said do not know for sure, just wondering.

Sea Ya

I know that the room service kitchen is right next door, so my guess is that those are room service carts.

Yes they were there on our cruise also and they are indeed room service carts.

We are Diamond+ and are booked in an Owners Suite. Will be on Allure for the first time soon (prefer Radiance Class so this is our first time on these giant ships!). So please set me straight...there is no Concierge Lounge on Allure...correct? There is only one lounge Diamond+ and Suite Guest can use...the Diamond Lounge...correct?

We are Diamond+ and are booked in an Owners Suite. Will be on Allure for the first time soon (prefer Radiance Class so this is our first time on these giant ships!). So please set me straight...there is no Concierge Lounge on Allure...correct? There is only one lounge Diamond+ and Suite Guest can use...the Diamond Lounge...correct?

Correct, no CL on Allure, just a Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge. You will have access to both. Your OS gives you access to the Suite Lounge and your D+ level gives you access to the Diamond Lounge.

Edited by clarea

I guess this is something new

We were in the DL almost everyday, during our Oct TA and never saw carts upstairs.

We went upstairs because almost every seat was taken downstairs, during the day, by people reading books or snoring:p

We also did Chefs table up there

Clarea, what is the crowd level in the Suite Lounge? What deck is it on?

The Suite Lounge on Allure is on deck 17, in the former Viking Crown lounge. On our Oasis cruise, it was not crowded at all, because it was only suite guests and Pinnacle club members.

We were on Oasis in late August. Our first time in the new DL there. We did find seats upstairs the first night (no storage that we saw), but since it was so difficult to get a server we never went back. Even when we went downstairs for snacks that first night, there wasn't much left. I'm sure we were there around 5:00. Same thing on Anthem last month. No where to sit. I'm guessing they really want us to use those vouchers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I guess this is something new

We were in the DL almost everyday, during our Oct TA and never saw carts upstairs.

We went upstairs because almost every seat was taken downstairs, during the day, by people reading books or snoring:p

We also did Chefs table up there

Did you do Chef's Table there after the remodeling