Tuscan grille

tori0417

Can anyone let me know if the Tuscan grille is family/child friendly?? We wouldn't want to bring our son to where it was an environment not suited for him, however, we do enjoy specialty restaurants. Regarding his behavior, he can easily sit through a meal; so that isn't a concern of mine. Thoughts??? TIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone let me know if the Tuscan grille is family/child friendly?? We wouldn't want to bring our son to where it was an environment not suited for him, however, we do enjoy specialty restaurants. Regarding his behavior, he can easily sit through a meal; so that isn't a concern of mine. Thoughts??? TIA!!

Children are allowed in the specialty restaurants. Many people do dine there for a special evening so if I were taking a child there I would dine earlier in the evening if possible.

Also being able to sit through a meal isn't the question really - can they do it quietly. We once had a lovely evening meal in Tuscan ruined by the toddler a few tables away. He entertained himself by throwing things down to the floor making a racket that never ended. His clueless parents never broke their conversation and just kept bending down and handing the toy back. They did this the entire meal. :mad:

I think that is a very subjective question that depends on the child's age and "energy level". Children are allowed, it is a quiet atmosphere so if they are loud or energetic it could be disruptive to others. Meals here often take a long time as most want to enjoy the atmosphere, the incredible view and the copious amounts of food.

If its a quiet child who doesn't mind sitting for a 2 hour meal and can entertain themselves, then yes. I didn't have any of those children but have seen other children who were very well behaved and not bored.

I agree with you both. He does sit quietly and will entertain himself with a coloring book and some non noisy toys. I wanted to make sure they allowed children. The normandie did not allow little ones. Trust me, i wouldn't be bringing him there if he was roudy; I wouldn't enjoy my meal and wouldn't want to put others through that. My hubby and I don't want to subject others to things that we would be bothered with ourselves. Lol

I agree with you both. He does sit quietly and will entertain himself with a coloring book and some non noisy toys. I wanted to make sure they allowed children. The normandie did not allow little ones. Trust me, i wouldn't be bringing him there if he was roudy; I wouldn't enjoy my meal and wouldn't want to put others through that. My hubby and I don't want to subject others to things that we would be bothered with ourselves. Lol

It's really wonderful to read about cruising parents concerned about those around them...you are to be commended! And you and your child are welcomed at the table next to mine any time! ~~Judy

We had our younger children dine with the Fun Factory while the adults ate at the Tuscan Grill.

11/10 to you for being a fantastic parent!

Children have absolutely zero interest in dining in a "specialty environment" - I own a bistro so know well -

Well done you for A) making your kids happy to enjoy THEIR specialty dining, B) For making time out for you as parents and C) for sparing other guests of the "spur of the moment" childhood tantrums which can and do happen naturally with every young child

well done you!

Tuscan will welcome your son, in fact they will spoil him...As others have said choose an earlier dining time. Yes, have those colouring books ready in case service is slow but then relax and enjoy a real family cruise..

Remember as well there is a baby sitting service if you fancy an adults only evening......or if he is old enough one of the children's club later night events.

Our adult son cruised with us a few months ago (large group of friends on the ship). He did say, which made us very happy, how much as a youngster he had enjoyed sitting out with us late at night on the balcony looking at the stars...and being really thrilled when we saw a shooting star...so make time for that too.

Have a really wonderful family holiday.

Edited by chemmo

We had our younger children dine with the Fun Factory while the adults ate at the Tuscan Grill.

I am not sure this is an option since her child is 17 months old. Isn't there a minimum age for Fun Factory? Honestly, I wouldn't risk it with a child that young, but, you know your child best. Have a great cruise.

Marie

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Idk how we feel about the babysitting since he is little and not old enough for the kids club ( first time worried parents). We think we are going to just see how the week plays out and see how he does in the main dining room first. If we do go, we will definitely be making earlier reservations so hopefully the restaurant would be more empty and possibly have more diners with children. And thank you islandgirl4242! We are firm believers that yes, this is our vacation, but we want to take into account the others around us as well; and we hope that others would do the same.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Idk how we feel about the babysitting since he is little and not old enough for the kids club ( first time worried parents). We think we are going to just see how the week plays out and see how he does in the main dining room first. If we do go, we will definitely be making earlier reservations so hopefully the restaurant would be more empty and possibly have more diners with children. And thank you islandgirl4242! We are firm believers that yes, this is our vacation, but we want to take into account the others around us as well; and we hope that others would do the same.

Like you, I would hesitate to leave him with a babysitter(stranger). He is so young.

It sounds like you know your child and you are preparing to make decisions that will be positive for all involved. I hope you get your dinner at Tuscan. Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As long as he doesn't get out of control(which you say he doesn't) then you should be fine. I've seen times where kids go off & one of the parents takes the child out. Which is the proper thing to do.Then I've seen the one where a child is ballistic, runs around etc. & the parents do nothing. Until we as diners speak up.

We have not been on Celebrity, much less the Tuscan Grill. But we will be on the Summit in August. We have eaten at Chops on RCL several times and there one can choose as many Appetizers, Soups, Deserts as one wants since the portion size is relatively small. Only one Entree is allowed without extra charge.

I was looking at the menu for the Tuscan Grill on the Summit and there are so many different categories. Am I correct in assuming that we are allowed one choice from Pasta or Sea or Butcher categories. All the rest of the categories we could choose as many items as we want. Of course this does not include the extra cost items.

We have not been on Celebrity, much less the Tuscan Grill. But we will be on the Summit in August. We have eaten at Chops on RCL several times and there one can choose as many Appetizers, Soups, Deserts as one wants since the portion size is relatively small. Only one Entree is allowed without extra charge.

I was looking at the menu for the Tuscan Grill on the Summit and there are so many different categories. Am I correct in assuming that we are allowed one choice from Pasta or Sea or Butcher categories. All the rest of the categories we could choose as many items as we want. Of course this does not include the extra cost items.

I don't know anything about being allowed to only order one entrée. On our last cruise, we ate in Murano and asked if we'd like an additional lobster tail. Only if I wanted to pop, would I order a second entrée, though. They give you tons of food and don't think the appetizer portions are small. You won't go hungry!!

On the Connie back in March, my husband and I were at Ocean Liners the same night that two parents were there with a kid who was maybe 3. He was eating chicken nuggets and french fries. He was perfectly well-behaved, but I overheard the mom say that he'd had to pay the full cover charge.

I don't know how much a babysitter for two hours would have cost, but would it possibly have been higher than $50 for chicken nuggets and french fries?

While Tuscan does allow kids, it is not a good idea. When we ate at Tuscan last week, we had the kids eat with the Fun Factory crew. Fun factory lets kids eat with the staff free on sea days. My grand kids koved it. We enjoyed a nice dinner without the kids.

Would you take your child to a nice steakhouse such as Ruth's Chris or Morton's? If so, by all means take him to the Tuscan Grill if you think he would not get fussy. We started taking my granddaughter out to eat when she was young and she learned at an early age how to behave in restaurants. If she became restless or started making noise, one of us would leave with her until she calmed down so we didn't disturb anyone else.

On the Connie back in March, my husband and I were at Ocean Liners the same night that two parents were there with a kid who was maybe 3. He was eating chicken nuggets and french fries. He was perfectly well-behaved, but I overheard the mom say that he'd had to pay the full cover charge.

I don't know how much a babysitter for two hours would have cost, but would it possibly have been higher than $50 for chicken nuggets and french fries?

Just saw a flyer posted on another thread that Celebrity now offer kids under 3 to eat free and kids 4-12 to eat for a small cover of $10 at speciality restaurants. They can also order of the regular menu or a kid friendly options will also be available!

Thank you for being wonderful parents.