Elite Shoe Shine

Putterdude

Just out of curiosity, has any Elite member ever had their shoes shined? How do you go about doing this and who does the shining? Do you give the steward or whoever an extra tip for this service?

I've asked the steward for the shoe shine. They only have black (sometimes brown/no nuetral). He does the shoe shine. Usually returned in a couple of hours. And I give him a tip directly.

Edited by cr8tiv1

I used this perk one time. I told the cabin steward I would like a shoe shine. When I returned to the room the shoes were done. Later I noticed that they had applicator bottles of liquid shoe polish on the stewards carts. Shining the shoes with that type of polish would only take a minute so the shoe shine had no bearing on the tip I gave the steward near the end of the cruise.

I used this perk one time. I told the cabin steward I would like a shoe shine. When I returned to the room the shoes were done. Later I noticed that they had applicator bottles of liquid shoe polish on the stewards carts. Shining the shoes with that type of polish would only take a minute so the shoe shine had no bearing on the tip I gave the steward near the end of the cruise.

That is why I shine my own shoes.

I just do not like liquid polish.

I take a small can of shoe polish and a cloth

to shine my shoes.

That is a shoe polish not a shoe shine. Big difference. I admit that I'm lazy and don't shine my shoes - I use the liquid polish. That makes the shoes look better but it in no way shines the shoes.

I forgot to pack my dress shoes about 6 or 7 cruises ago, requested the "perk" and was amazed my daily shoes could look so good. That is the only time I ever had them shined, but very pleased with the fast great service from Stew......

I forgot to pack my dress shoes about 6 or 7 cruises ago, requested the "perk" and was amazed my daily shoes could look so good. That is the only time I ever had them shined, but very pleased with the fast great service from Stew......
Were your tennis shoes black or brown? ;)

Many years ago when we were first time elite members my husband asked the room steward if he could have his shoes shined. The steward said yes and that was that.

We were in Gatun lake and it was hotter than blazes when we got back from our tour. Got back to the cabin and the steward was outside on the balcony shining his shoes. The poor guy was sweating up a storm. Felt bad and asked him what he was doing. He said that he has to do the shoes himself and he did not want to get the cabin dirty.

That was the one and only time my husband asked for anyone to do that.

BTW: he was one of our best stewards ever:)

Just out of curiosity, has any Elite member ever had their shoes shined? How do you go about doing this and who does the shining? Do you give the steward or whoever an extra tip for this service?

Had it done years ago when it was for everyone.

Left our shows outside the door, returned next morning shining so bright I could see my face.

No idea whatsoever who did it.

I love it. A "free perk" for being Elite but you then pay for it anyway by adding a tip. USA, land of the tip-happy. :rolleyes:

Most of the Elite perks are the same way. We tip extra because of our Elite laundry. We tip extra for minibar change outs. We tip extra for Elite teas service. We tip extra if we get a free specialty dining experience for being in the top 10 on a short cruise or on a cruise with few Elites in lieu of an MTP party.

Elite. It's not a free lunch even after you've spent $50K getting there.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

Thanks for all the replies. Being a spit and polish guy I not sure about the liquid polish, it's been 50 years since I used it last so it's likely improved. As for tipping for an extra service like this, I am certainly all for that.

Your cabin steward will do it for you. It's free but I always tip him $5.00

Tony

Hey Tony, I'll do them for you for $3, will help to boost my income on board:D:D