January Family Cruise with Young Adults?

keylimepie

Hello, I have a cruise in mind for next January on the Regal. We have cruised many times as a family on the CB, Emerald and Crown, however, my sons very much enjoyed themselves in the teen centers at that time...due to the oldest being a Marine the last 6 years, we haven't had a real family vacation in a very long time.

Sons will be 25 and 21 at the time of this sailing the second week of January. It is about the only time we can work out everyone being out of college, work, etc...at the same time.

My concern is that there will not be too many young adults on the ship at that time to socialize with. I am quite sure we will have a great time regardless, but would welcome any insight on cruising with young 20-somethings in a slower time of year.

Thank you!

There will always be someone, maybe not a lot, but some.

We did a B2B Panama in Dec/Jan (34 days). There were several 20-30 somethings on both legs. The 2nd leg was the start of the World Cruise and we talked to a couple of people in that age group who were staying on for the World.:eek:

You won't know till you go.;)

He/they will fond plenty of folks to mingle with. A 7-night sailing has a wide mix of age ranges, including a solid sector of 20-30 year Olds.. Regal is a beautiful ship with loads of venues for fun and mingling - you ALL should have a wonderful time, both together and meeting new folks..

The Regal is gorgeous and there are many activities onboard. It's never a dull moment. The food was terrific. Go without hesitation. Everyone- young and old will be "Wow'd" by the ship.

I agree that Regal is a wonderful ship. I have been on her five times and this year we were on the 1/10/16 cruise. There were some young people in your sons age group. I only became aware of them because they were ball room dances. They had a great time as far as I could see.

I am also sailing on her 1/8/17. You can check out the Roll Call of the cruise that you are looking at to see if there are any other CC their age going.

Edited by geocruiser

I'm a devoted Princess fan and especially love the Regal. That being said I found the nightlife geared towards an older crowd,which is what Princess mainly draws. By comparison the NCL Breakaway had a million things going on at night and definitely appealed to younger folks. Same with RCI Anthem of the seas. I would think Regal could be a bit old and quiet for young twenty-somethings.

I'm a devoted Princess fan and especially love the Regal. That being said I found the nightlife geared towards an older crowd,which is what Princess mainly draws. By comparison the NCL Breakaway had a million things going on at night and definitely appealed to younger folks. Same with RCI Anthem of the seas. I would think Regal could be a bit old and quiet for young twenty-somethings.

I think the 20 somethings can enjoy the music, shows and dancing on the Regal. The ship was hopping in the evenings while I was on it.. They are also old enough to drink, gamble and amuse themselves without their parents.

Actually, there might be more young adults than you think. Colleges often don't resume classes after the holidays until around MLK day (at least around here). So families with college aged kids, which includes early 20's, might well go in early January.

If the kids go to different colleges, their break weeks are often different. But they are all off in early January. We just took a family cruise like that this past January with my daughter, a niece, and a nephew who were off from college.

I think the 20 somethings can enjoy the music, shows and dancing on the Regal. The ship was hopping in the evenings while I was on it.. They are also old enough to drink, gamble and amuse themselves without their parents.

When we were on Regal, they had a opera singer on board. At her show that night six young adults about 25 and under came to the show and sat in front of us. I thought that they may not enjoy the show. They just watch and at the end they were all up on their feet clapping. While leaving the show one of them turn to me and said that she never thought that she would enjoy the show so much.

Actually, there might be more young adults than you think. Colleges often don't resume classes after the holidays until around MLK day (at least around here). So families with college aged kids, which includes early 20's, might well go in early January.

If the kids go to different colleges, their break weeks are often different. But they are all off in early January. We just took a family cruise like that this past January with my daughter, a niece, and a nephew who were off from college.

Yes, exactly why this one week works with us...kids are attending college in different states and this times works with both.

I booked this on Leap Day when Princess was having the sale plus $1 booking and OBC. I think we got a pretty good deal so as of now we are going.

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated!

When we were on Regal, they had a opera singer on board. At her show that night six young adults about 25 and under came to the show and sat in front of us. I thought that they may not enjoy the show. They just watch and at the end they were all up on their feet clapping. While leaving the show one of them turn to me and said that she never thought that she would enjoy the show so much.

That is wonderful to hear. We also enjoyed the Bravo production as well as the soprano. Kudos to Princess for bringing this form of entertainment onboard.:D