Food service issues on the Empress

It just keeps getting better. I just took a cold shower after returning from the beach because we have NO HOT WATER.

My SO summed up the entire cruise pretty well when I crawled under the covers to warm up after my shower and he said, " You're ****ing kidding me!"

It just keeps getting better. I just took a cold shower after returning from the beach because we have NO HOT WATER.

My SO summed up the entire cruise pretty well when I crawled under the covers to warm up after my shower and he said, " You're ****ing kidding me!"

Here is a review I just found on Facebook:

I'm on it right now it's awful the excursion sucked and where a waste of money in grand Cayman, they have ran out of food multiple times, toilets aren't flushing sinks aren't draining if u have insurance use it [emoji35]we are all filling complains everyday at first services and when we get off with corporate the only saving grace is the staff and how friendly and hard working they are and those poor people have been sleeping in temperatures of over a hundred degrees due to no air it in humane

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This wont go over very well but I will say it anyway. This ship sounds like a heaping POS that should have been scrapped. You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig :cool:

Most of these complaints are legit and absolutely unacceptable. I would be LIVID with no AC or hot water :mad:

This wont go over very well but I will say it anyway. This ship sounds like a heaping POS that should have been scrapped. You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig :cool:

Most of these complaints are legit and absolutely unacceptable. I would be LIVID with no AC or hot water :mad:

Another Facebook review:

employees walked off today & quit due to conditions and people demanded to fly home from grand Cayman and today from key west they couldn't wait another day to get to Miami they wanted off that bad

Another Facebook review:

employees walked off today & quit due to conditions and people demanded to fly home from grand Cayman and today from key west they couldn't wait another day to get to Miami they wanted off that bad

Wow :( No excuses for this whatsoever. I can see why you are leery. You have EVERY damn right to be. I sure hope they can get this mess straightened out before your cruise. At this point, after reading all this, I would almost be willing to just take the loss or use the "cancel for any reason" part of my travel insurance. There is no way Im staying on a ship without AC, toilets that wont flush and all these other issues. This ship should not have sailed. Period

Edited by ryano

Not on the ship but just following along and wondering if there is no hot water and toilets aren't flushing in some areas of the ship, are they making provisions for extra hand sanitizer stations to be set up?

The last thing these pax or crew need is a Norwalk type bug on top of everything else.

I feel bad for them. People work hard and just want to relax on their vacation and for some it seems as if they are experiencing a nightmare situation.

Not sure if it allowed or not on cruise critic but if it is allowed wouldn't it be beneficial to have a cruise representative active to respond to some of these negative comments and experiences. I believe it would be of benefit to all involved including RC. I cannot believe they do not care about these experiences unless they are somehow unaware. Just MHO please no flames I am looking at this in a positive way.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many funny things I could write right now, if only this weren't a "family friendly" message board! ;) :D

I can tell you about the kids information. The kids menu is limited right now. No actual menu but even for my very picky son I have been able to get him food he will eat. I have now been able to get him grilled chicken and French fries at dinner. On the buffet they have hot dogs and hamburgers.

The kids ages 6-11 are all together in a smallish room but they seem to be having fun and they don't want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Their goal is to cut service and raise the the prices,to pay for all the the new ships.And this will continue as long as we keep filling their ships.We are looking into other cruise lines.Have a great next cruise,on another cruise line.:mad:

Princess! Buffet is open continuous from 6 to 11. Food is terrific and creative. MDR is terrific. The crew aims to please. Room service includes hot items at no cost except for pizza.

There is one pool with a maximum capacity of 20 people & one splash pool for kids that is about 8 feet by 12 feet. Since the other pool is so small as well adults like to sit in the splash pool to cool off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The pool is 5'8" deep. At 8:30 a.m. there were few people on the pool deck, but many towels saving chairs. By 10:30 when I normally left, there were people on most of the chairs. By mid-afternoon I saw no available seats anywhere.

The pool is 5'8" deep. At 8:30 a.m. there were few people on the pool deck, but many towels saving chairs. By 10:30 when I normally left, there were people on most of the chairs. By mid-afternoon I saw no available seats anywhere.

5'8 is the deepest or is that the depth of the whole pool?