Food service issues on the Empress

WOW and I'm on the same cruise as you. Maybe I should cancel.

Is this another attack post from another person who has been on a ton of cruises?!?!?!? I am entitled to feel the way I do. Again, if you have an issue with how I feel don't read my posts. This is highly frustrating. I do not want to be stuck on a cruise ship with no AC, running water, drinks, and a lack of food. I will say it again this whole situation is disgusting. I can stay at home and eat at a buffet for $10. Why would I pay $2000?????

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Why am I here? Because I'm interested in info about Empress. My life is far from horrible...what a stupid comment. I suggested you go on the cruise for yourself before whining to all of us how its going to be your last cruise. That's not an illogical process. For all I care, you can have a terrible time. Not my problem. Why don't you cancel your Empress cruise right now and go to the Golden Corral, since that is what you're expecting.

I get that things aren't all fine and dandy, but sometimes it helps to be optimistic.

Again, I am allowed to have my opinion. You know, just like you are doing. I will continue to state my opinion. No running water on deck 4, lack of food, cold food, rude staff, no AC, the inability to make common drinks is unacceptable. I get that you are "used" to cruising and are willing to settle for less. That doesn't mean I am. Thanks for wishing that I have a terrible time. That shows your level of maturity.

Edited by ctsharpie05

Of the Seas Cruiser is right..I don't know when your cruise is, but you may find that much has been corrected by the time you sail. I understand you being worried and upset, and if the situation hasn't improved then your anger is justified. However, unless you're willing to cancel and take whatever financial hit that would entail there really isn't anything you can do to change the situation.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All I said in my original post is that it is disgusting that I paid $2k for a buffet. What in the world is wrong with that post?!?!?!? Nothing at all. I am not worried. It is no different than anyone else on this thread. I was simply voicing my opinion and the cruise critic police had to jump in.

Again, I am allowed to have my opinion. You know, just like you are doing. I will continue to state my opinion. No running water on deck 4, lack of food, cold food, rude staff, no AC, the inability to make common drinks is unacceptable. I get that you are "used" to cruising and are willing to settle for less. That doesn't mean I am. Thanks for wishing that I have a terrible time. That shows your level of maturity.

Oh my... You claim you're being attacked, yet all I said in my first post was that you actually GO on your cruise before claiming that's it's your last cruise ever. This has nothing to do with being a frequent cruiser or not. It has nothing to do with you complaining either. It has to do with the fact that you came on here saying you're going to have a terrible cruise blah blah blah, you paid 2k for a buffet and so on. You continue to share your opinion, yet you scream victim when someone disagrees. And since you don't want people to read your posts, I think I'll just block you right now.

I hope it works out for you. I didn't wish you a terrible cruise. I stated that I wouldn't care if it was - mostly in response to you telling me not to read your posts and that I have a horrible life because "I'm telling people how to feel". (And from your first post, I think you're expecting a horrible time, too.)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Oh come on peeps, let's not jump all over ctsharpie05. If I had never cruised before and read this thread, I would not want to cruise as well. She is only stating her opinion and I kind of agree with her. I would not want to spend $2000 of my hard earned money on a ship that obviously is not ready to sail yet.

Here is my two cents about the Empress. I kind of got bamboozled (long story but it did have to do with a few drinks in the Concierge Lounge/LOL) on my Anthem cruise a few months ago. When I woke up the next day, I was really regretting it and wanted to cancel it immediately but blew it off and said ok, you will sail on this little ship and you will have fun.

Fast Forward to April when I got the word from my TA that the three sailings I booked were cancelled and I would not get any compensation from RC unless I rebooked for a future sailing. I was furious and decided at that point that this ship was not going to be in my future. It actually gave me a bad taste in my mouth and I am so happy I went with my gut feeling and didn't rebook her.

I actually feel really sorry for all the people who are on this sailing. It infuriates me that RC went ahead with this sailing knowing they were not ready. I hope that RC will do the right thing and compensate each and everyone on board and cancel the next few sailings until they get everything fixed. I am very disappointed with the decision making from upper management at RC. This is not right!

Oh come on peeps, let's not jump all over ctsharpie05. If I had never cruised before and read this thread, I would not want to cruise as well. She is only stating her opinion and I kind of agree with her. I would not want to spend $2000 of my hard earned money on a ship that obviously is not ready to sail yet.

Here is my two cents about the Empress. I kind of got bamboozled (long story but it did have to do with a few drinks in the Concierge Lounge/LOL) on my Anthem cruise a few months ago. When I woke up the next day, I was really regretting it and wanted to cancel it immediately but blew it off and said ok, you will sail on this little ship and you will have fun.

Fast Forward to April when I got the word from my TA that the three sailings I booked were cancelled and I would not get any compensation from RC unless I rebooked for a future sailing. I was furious and decided at that point that this ship was not going to be in my future. It actually gave me a bad taste in my mouth and I am so happy I went with my gut feeling and didn't rebook her.

I actually feel really sorry for all the people who are on this sailing. It infuriates me that RC went ahead with this sailing knowing they were not ready. I hope that RC will do the right thing and compensate each and everyone on board and cancel the next few sailings until they get everything fixed. I am very disappointed with the decision making from upper management at RC. This is not right!

Thank you! I was just venting lol.

As another new cruiser, booked on the Empress July 18th, I agree with Colorado Babe and would like throw out some words of support to ctsharpie. I'm kind of freaking out about it too. Who wants to go on your vacation when we are hearing that there's A/C problems, no food, no water, crappy menus, not even good booze drinks so you can self-medicate yourself into oblivion?

I didn't book the Empress at a rock bottom price, (paying for two good cabins, drink packages, and excursions have me upwards of $4K) and unfortunately, it was right before the first cancellations or I might have been more cautious. I don't think there's anything I or my TA can even do at this point, so I'm hoping and praying for the best. But it's a major downer that's for sure. I felt terrible for all the folks who were being cancelled in April and May and should have followed my gut instinct to switch to another ship then, but my TA talked me out of it. The only thing I CAN do, is send emails to RCCL higher ups demanding answers. Hopefully I can put pressure on them to get it rectified before the next cruisers go out. I want it fixed for them NOW, and will not give RCCL a pass to have weeks of unhappy cruisers until they open up for Cuba god knows when.

As another new cruiser, booked on the Empress July 18th, I agree with Colorado Babe and would like throw out some words of support to ctsharpie. I'm kind of freaking out about it too. Who wants to go on your vacation when we are hearing that there's A/C problems, no food, no water, crappy menus, not even good booze drinks so you can self-medicate yourself into oblivion?

I didn't book the Empress at a rock bottom price, (paying for two good cabins, drink packages, and excursions have me upwards of $4K) and unfortunately, it was right before the first cancellations or I might have been more cautious. I don't think there's anything I or my TA can even do at this point, so I'm hoping and praying for the best. But it's a major downer that's for sure. I felt terrible for all the folks who were being cancelled in April and May and should have followed my gut instinct to switch to another ship then, but my TA talked me out of it. The only thing I CAN do, is send emails to RCCL higher ups demanding answers. Hopefully I can put pressure on them to get it rectified before the next cruisers go out. I want it fixed for them NOW, and will not give RCCL a pass to have weeks of unhappy cruisers until they open up for Cuba god knows when.

Thank you!

I am sailing tomorrow and just hope my AC works after hearing the complaints here on CC. I can deal with the food issue. As long as I can get a sandwich or something to eat I am good. My expectations are very low for this cruise. Thank goodness I didn't pay much for it, feel bad for those who did.

Desserts seem to have enough variety IMO.

Normally I would agree but when you factor in 3 of the 5 were unavailable due to the fact that they either were ice cream on its own or had it as a component that only left 2, which is poor.

Cross posting from another thread:

I have sent emails to the CEO, the Director of Fleet Maintenance and Hotel Ops, and the Chef for RCCL to inquire about these issues and asking for reassurance that they will be fixed before any other cruises take place. Even if these messages are filtered out somehow, at least I feel like I am doing something. I encourage others to do the same. The emails are MBayley@RCCL.com, KTsompanellis@RCCL.com and JSoley@RCCL.com

Cross posting from another thread:

I have sent emails to the CEO, the Director of Fleet Maintenance and Hotel Ops, and the Chef for RCCL to inquire about these issues and asking for reassurance that they will be fixed before any other cruises take place. Even if these messages are filtered out somehow, at least I feel like I am doing something. I encourage others to do the same. The emails are MBayley@RCCL.com, KTsompanellis@RCCL.com and JSoley@RCCL.com

They responded to my FB post and said they were aware of the issues and are working to fix them.

Good-at least you got a positive response. I still can't believe that they haven't offered something to the current cruisers. Just something small-after all, they weren't expecting to be on the inaugural cruise. It's so unfortunate.

Everybody's that is a first time cruiser I understand can be a little upset. But let's stop poking fingers at each other and calling each other out a personal crap. That's not cool

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good-at least you got a positive response. I still can't believe that they haven't offered something to the current cruisers. Just something small-after all, they weren't expecting to be on the inaugural cruise. It's so unfortunate.

Acknowledgement of the problems is a good first step to guest service recovery. How they follow through over the next few days we may never know except through guests who volunteer to share their stories with us. In the longer term the current food, A/C, water and service problems will be resolved one way or another; they can't continue indefinitely.

In any event it seems that expectations for Empress will need to be calibrated differently than for the other ships - she is in a class of her own so to speak and literally too. Here's hoping for the best, and I'm interested in hearing how things eventually shake out. The appeal of this ship is that she is different, but hopefully in good ways rather than bad ones!

Everybody's that is a first time cruiser I understand can be a little upset. But let's stop poking fingers at each other and calling each other out a personal crap. That's not cool

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree.

We go to Key West on Friday so I plan on posting a lengthy update while on local data and/or wifi. I've made my travel agent aware and she will be going to bat for us if our trip is not up to Royal standards. We are stuck with this weekend so we either go and make the best of it or lose a bunch of money. I hope that they can make use of the time that the ship is in Miami and solve a bunch of the issues. Maybe they will cruise home a little faster and maximize the time in port in order to fix as much as possible. I can deal with almost anything except a lack of AC. We are in an interior cabin this time so we are screwed without AC.