new booking engine.. is i just me???

I don't care for it. Definitely designed and built by someone who doesn't use it. Folks who cruise regularly might just need a different engine than a first time cruiser. Regular cruisers don't want or need all the fancy information just the necessary facts.

Folks might get bored with the same old thing but let your regular grocery store move everything around every month or so and see how long they remain your regular grocery store.

Edited by travler27

It sucks! My husband and I had been shopping the same cruise for two months, but we couldn't book until a work date got confirmed.

Finally, we were able to book. He clicked and booked. Moments before, they had rotated the graphics, and he booked the wrong cruise. We only realized because the price was much less expensive.

We called Carnival and they fixed it no problem, but said it's been happening to everyone with the new graphical booking system.

Count me as another with a harsh dislike for the new site. It is impossible to quickly see what I want to see. The huge graphics drive me nuts.

For the first time, I now have to go to OTHER sites to look for my next cruise, and of course that puts me comparing Carnival to other brands at the same time. Good move Carnival, send me to the competition!

I have been going to other sites also. I like to print potential itineraries for comparison purposes, and I can NOT figure how to print them on Carnival's new site.

The good news is that I have found some price-competitive cruises on the oter sites.

I detest the new site also..please go back to the old one! I loved how if you had VIFP special offers you could go look at cruises and if your offer applied to that cruise it'd say SPECIAL OFFER on the side...

It's sad when the mobile site is easier to use than the regular site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Whenever I try to use the mobile site I always get "no itineraries found." And it automatically refreshes the page like every 3 seconds so you can't do anything unless you do it really quick.

Edited by Saint Greg

I detest the new site also..please go back to the old one! I loved how if you had VIFP special offers you could go look at cruises and if your offer applied to that cruise it'd say SPECIAL OFFER on the side...

true! I also miss the place it shows special offer...

And I liked having a list cruises with dates and prices...

Add me to the unhappy with the new site. The IT people must be the bottom of the barrel if this is the best they came up with. The old way, I was able to QUICKLY look up what I wanted. Now it a pain in the you know what.

Whenever I try to use the mobile site I always get "no itineraries found." And it automatically refreshes the page like every 3 seconds so you can't do anything unless you do it really quick.

It's been fine for me recently. Instead of doing from, to and date, just do to and date. The from seems to be an issue. Or after you get into No itins found, do a 'Refine Search'

Count me as another with a harsh dislike for the new site. It is impossible to quickly see what I want to see. The huge graphics drive me nuts.

For the first time, I now have to go to OTHER sites to look for my next cruise, and of course that puts me comparing Carnival to other brands at the same time. Good move Carnival, send me to the competition!

There is a set of buttons at the top right of the results screen that allows you to switch from the "box" display mode to a "list" mode. You can also refine you search by using the selection boxes at the top of the search screen to chose ports, duration, ships, dates, etc. Look at how the whole thing works before you post that you don't like something because it doesn't do something which, in fact, it does if you read the instructions.

It's been fine for me recently. Instead of doing from, to and date, just do to and date. The from seems to be an issue. Or after you get into No itins found, do a 'Refine Search'

I don't have time to do anything on the refine screen because it refreshes every 3 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a set of buttons at the top right of the results screen that allows you to switch from the "box" display mode to a "list" mode. You can also refine you search by using the selection boxes at the top of the search screen to chose ports, duration, ships, dates, etc. Look at how the whole thing works before you post that you don't like something because it doesn't do something which, in fact, it does if you read the instructions.

Wow. I have read the instructions, used the site, and I don't like it. I think I'm allowed to say that.

I am a loyal Princess cruiser, but have cruised also on RCI and Celebrity. My cousin wants us to join her on the Vista next year, so I got on Carnival website to check it out. As a newcomer and not knowing the old, I agree this is HORRIBLE!! It is completely non user friendly.

Anyone know how to request a handicap room? Do I have to call? On other websites there is a box to check and the available ones come up. The deck plans are so small I can't read them.

I just gave up and eventually called my travel agent. I like to check things out first then call him to get add'l info that I may have missed.

I am a loyal Princess cruiser' date=' but have cruised also on RCI and Celebrity. My cousin wants us to join her on the Vista next year, so I got on Carnival website to check it out. As a newcomer and not knowing the old, I agree this is HORRIBLE!! It is completely non user friendly.

Anyone know how to request a handicap room? Do I have to call? On other websites there is a box to check and the available ones come up. The deck plans are so small I can't read them.

I just gave up and eventually called my travel agent. I like to check things out first then call him to get add'l info that I may have missed.[/quote']

Someone lists them in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157929

It's interesting to see all the negative comments on the booking engine because I thought it was really handy and fairly well done. That's because I've never seen the old booking site since Carnival wasn't a consideration until very recently and now I'm checking it daily to try to find a trip that matches my available time and budget.

Edited by Captain Underpants

I agree completely! The old engine was much easier, and simpler to use, and swap single things, to compare, but the new one really SUCKS! I go into the site most every day, to check prices, etc., on two, or three different ships, ports, and days, and it's maddening to change. BRING BACK THE OLD ENGINE,,,,PLEASE! :mad:

"SKY"

Exactly!