Princess Excursions On Sale

beg3yrs

Just noticed in the Personalizer that most excursions are on sale for 10% off.

I was able to rebook maybe 90% of our already booked excursions for the reduced price.

The ones I didn't rebook were for two reasons.

1) Current booking was waitlisted so cancelling would put us at the back of the line.

2) Price for current booking was less than what the sale price would have been. The latest price before markdown had increased since we booked.

Still, we saved over $200.

I was able to rebook maybe 90% of our already booked excursions for the reduced price.

1) Current booking was waitlisted so cancelling would put us at the back of the line.

2) Price for current booking was less than what the sale price would have been. The latest price before markdown had increased since we booked.

Thanks for the notice about the sale. I just rebooked the excursions for our August cruise and saved $121. I also noticed that Princess had raised the non-sale prices on the excursions from when I had originally booked them.

Edited by PSCSkipper

We leave Monday and aren't able to make any changes at this stage! Oh well maybe next time!

Wow I didn't even know that Princess had an excursion mark down!

I checked my personalizer for my two reservations (October 2016 and February 2017) and see nothing about a 10% discount on shore excursions. Am I not looking in the right place?

On the "Excursion Reservations" link across the top of the main page there is a red box placed at the bottom of the link which says "Sale".

I click on that link and get a banner across the top of the page which says "Pre-Cruise Special". Ah yes, it says "This voyage" and "Limited capacity on select shore excursions." This was good on both my cruises for August of this year.

Sounds like it isn't good on all sailings though.

Thanks for the heads up.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for the info beg3yrs. I checked both my reservations and I get no red box, so I looks like my cruises are not included -- sigh --

Me either. Six upcoming bookings and no excursions on sale? Darn me.

Edited by idahospud

Wonderful news for those getting the offer. Ours is showing a discount for the internet package but not the excursions.

We've never seen this before so it may be a new marketing tool. Should pay to check your Cruise Personaliser every so often just in case there's an offer that interests you.

Edited by wishfulone

I just had an e-mail to inform the excursions on our booking were on sale 10% off , I had to call up and re-book the four excursions I had booked (but not yet paid for) but save over 100 dollars so quite happy with this :) We are on Emerald on 23rd July from Southampton

On the "Excursion Reservations" link across the top of the main page there is a red box placed at the bottom of the link which says "Sale".

I click on that link and get a banner across the top of the page which says "Pre-Cruise Special". Ah yes, it says "This voyage" and "Limited capacity on select shore excursions." This was good on both my cruises for August of this year.

Sounds like it isn't good on all sailings though.

Thanks for that info. Our November sailing on the Royal Princess is not yet showing any of our excursions listed being on sale. Maybe later this year.

All this seems to depend on when your cruise is. We have one in September where the excursions are 10 percent off. The two we have reserved beyond that (Jan. 17 and March 18) have no such offers.

I do appreciate the post. We managed to save a few bucks on an Edinborough excursion on our transatlantic, all thanks to beg3yrs.

Jim

Yeah,

Thanks for the heads up; looked at mine and all of them are at least $20pp MORE than when we booked. Guess it is always better to book early for best prices on Princess excursions!

Pooh

Be sure to click through to the excursion details page. That's where the sale price is shown, not on the summary page where all excursions for a particular port are listed.

I saw the sale too and was able to cancel and rebook tours on one of our cruises for savings of about $100. Our second cruise (back-to-back portion) had no sale offeried. As someone above said, you need to go all the way to the details part of each excursion in order to see if the sale applies to your cruise. Mary Jane

Thanks for the heads up just checked my cruise 17th July Baltics and there is a sale, now to decide what to book.

Even with the reduction, these prices are not even close to what SPB is quoting for tours in St. Petersburg and Berlin. We will take a quick look at what we have booked with Princess for other ports.

All the excursions on my Personalizer are only 3% off (not 10%). I'm assuming it's because this is our first cruise aboard a Princess ship. But the glass is still half full and regardless of discount, we are going to have a bitchen time.

All the excursions on my Personalizer are only 3% off (not 10%). I'm assuming it's because this is our first cruise aboard a Princess ship. But the glass is still half full and regardless of discount, we are going to have a bitchen time.

Hmm ... seems that the "Sale" varies from cruise to cruise and now person to person. I wonder if some fresh-minted Economics major at Princess is running an "Elasticity" experiment.

I don`t really think it`s fair for people who book the tours early then, if they don`t notice the sale, have people with them who have paid less. There should be a price match for them.