How long before veteran's credit shows?

cruisenfreak

Our TA sent the paperwork for the veteran's credit to Princess about a month ago for our back-to-back cruises in November and December on the Pacific Princess. How long does it usually take for the credits to appear on the cruise personalizer? Thanks for you answers.

Our TA sent the paperwork for the veteran's credit to Princess about a month ago for our back-to-back cruises in November and December on the Pacific Princess. How long does it usually take for the credits to appear on the cruise personalizer? Thanks for you answers.
If this is the first time you have requested the military obc I cannot really answer your question. If it is not your first time it your information will already be in Princess' system and you do not have to apply. It will automatically show up in your cruise personalizer under the "Payments and Credits" tab as soon as you book.

I submitted my requests (military & shareholder) directly to Princess & not through my TA.

The application form says "Requests will be handled within 7 days. Once your request has been processed, an updated booking confirmation will be forward to you or your travel agent".

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

You're well past that time frame & would recommend calling Princess because there's a snafu somewhere in the process.

When this great military benefit program (thanks Princess! :D) began we had to apply for each cruise. Now it's automatically issued & even when searching for prices it shows the OBC.

Thanks for your answers. We haven't cruised Princess in about three years and don't remember getting the credit on that last cruise, so I will check to make sure everything is in order and the credits will be applied.

Should not take that long. Fax it again.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I do not recall credits showing on my personalizer if I booked through a TA. But the TA paperwork did show it. EM

My cruises booked through my TA show my MOBC in the Payments & Credits section of my Cruise Personalizer. :)

My military credit was applied within a couple days of faxing the DD214 to Princess and has always been applied to all my cruises since then when I booked. Look on your cruise personalizer payments & credits tab for a specific sailing and it should be listed under the credits.

When Princess first began the military OBC program, out TA submitted a copy of DH's DD214. Ever since then, the appropriate credit has appeared on all of our cruises. In addition, the invoice from our TA also notes the military credit along with a notation that we are CCL share holders and are receiving any promotional package such as 3 for free, etc.

Darcy

When Princess initially introduced the Military OBC Program DD214's had to be submitted for each cruise until (they) fixed the program software to make MOBC automatic when booking. MOBC et-al does appear on booking confirmations & Princess Personalizer.

My cruises booked through my TA show my MOBC in the Payments & Credits section of my Cruise Personalizer. :)

That's where I figured it would show and it doesnn't. We're at the beach for a few days, but when we get back home, I plan to check further and will probably resubmit the info myself. Thanks, all.

Also check your "My Princess" page, specifically about OBC and Future Cruise Credits. Military shows up on the OBC tab with an expiration date that is essentially forever. Once there it should show up immediately on the credits page for any cruise you book.

Also check your "My Princess" page, specifically about OBC and Future Cruise Credits. Military shows up on the OBC tab with an expiration date that is essentially forever. Once there it should show up immediately on the credits page for any cruise you book.

I stand corrected! Thats great that they list it there now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I resubmitted the DD214 and the request for the Military Benefit for each portion of our upcoming Pacific Princess cruise (two separate invoices) on June 27. The $250 credit appeared that day on the 11/21 cruise but did not show on the 12/20 portion. I waited 7 days because the info on the form said it could take up to 7 days to be applied.

I just called Princess and now have $250 credit showing on My Princess for each cruise.

Thanks again for all your input.

Mary Jane

OKfor you good people in USA. It seems you only have to apply once and each subsequent cruise it is automatic applied. Not so in the UK where their software is still driven by steam. Iv'e had to reapply for each cruise we take and even then have had to struggle on the phone to have it granted. Happy days and keep smiling. It does go towards a good bottle of wine.:)

OKfor you good people in USA. It seems you only have to apply once and each subsequent cruise it is automatic applied. Not so in the UK where their software is still driven by steam. Iv'e had to reapply for each cruise we take and even then have had to struggle on the phone to have it granted. Happy days and keep smiling. It does go towards a good bottle of wine.:)

It would probably be cost effective for Princess UK to upgrade their system & to reduce the staffing required to repeatedly process military benefit's applications.

It's not like shareholder benefits because shares can be sold but once a veteran, always a veteran. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 9 months later...

OK, I'm somewhat challenged with the Princess website, but putting everything together here is what I came up with:

Click on:

My Account > Upcoming Cruises > Manage Booking > Payments & Credits. Scroll down and you will see your military benefits credit.

We have four cruises booked, and the Military Benefit shows up on all four. Thank You Princess

OK, I'm somewhat challenged with the Princess website, but putting everything together here is what I came up with:

Click on:

My Account > Upcoming Cruises > Manage Booking > Payments & Credits. Scroll down and you will see your military benefits credit.

We have four cruises booked, and the Military Benefit shows up on all four. Thank You Princess

Yes it's a very generous perk. :)

Make sure that your TA has the Captain's Circle for the person/persons who have the veterans OBC and that he/she has logged that number in with the cruise. That's how Princess matches your paperwork to your cruise.

Tom

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Link to the Veteran's Benefit Form if you want to submit it your self.

Block out your SS No.

OK for you good people in USA. It seems you only have to apply once and each subsequent cruise it is automatic applied. Not so in the UK where their software is still driven by steam. Iv'e had to reapply for each cruise we take and even then have had to struggle on the phone to have it granted. Happy days and keep smiling. It does go towards a good bottle of wine.:)

That's true. It all depends on how simple your situation is. If you are a US veteran and still live there, once you apply for military OBC it is usually automatically applied to subsequent cruises.

I'm a US veteran but now living in Australia. The military OBC has been extended to include Australian and New Zealand cruisers but I can't use that application. Being a US veteran,I have to apply to the US Princess headquarters. I also have dual citizenship so sometimes it gets confused - why is an Australian citizen applying for US military OBC?

But I never can tell how it'll go because on two cruises the OBC was granted automatically! :confused:

Just to say we also have difficulties when booking through Princess UK by having to apply each time for military OBC. However when we piggyback on our US family booking via a US TA the military OBC is automatically added.

I have suggested to Princess UK many times they would save themselves administration time and money to change their process - as once a Veteran always a veteran!

Sent from my iPad using Forums